Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel for 2 nights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Which hotel for 2 nights?

2 nights in April. I'm a Royal Ambassador with ICH and Diamond with Hyatt...would you recommend the Grand Hyatt or Intercontinental?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:45 pm

For me, location-wise, IC is better.
Around the bugis area, there are plenty of coffeeshops, hawker centers which give a more local feel, if that is what u want.

GH is right in the orchard road shopping area.
Just modern shopping malls.

Never stayed in both since im local.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by apolloms
2 nights in April. I'm a Royal Ambassador with ICH and Diamond with Hyatt...would you recommend the Grand Hyatt or Intercontinental?
What do you intend to do in Singapore and when in April??

If shopping is going to feature greatly in your 2 nights, then I would recommend Grand Hyatt as it is right smack on the shopping belt.

InterContinental is unique because the hotel is designed/decorated based on a Peranakan theme and the Club Lounge and shophouse rooms are very nicely renovated to reflect this.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver,DM Silver, HH Gold VIP, IHG Platinum
I'de say IC, as I personally favor the bugis area and marina bay more than Orchard Road, since I don't need to shop till I drop. In terms of access to public transport to see some city highlights both locations are equal, you can easily hop on an MRT at both places.

And like SQ319 already states, what do you intend to do, since that might even mean you can stay better at a different hotel than the ones mentioned by OP.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
really don't have a plan, just the tail end of a maldives/bali vacation...our only real plan was to do the hop on and off bus tour, the rest is open
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
GH is a much nicer property with better rooms and a club that is far superior to the one at the IC. The GH is often more than double the cost of the IC so you might want to account for that, but that aside for me it would be a no brainer!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:13 pm

In Singapore, I've given up on the "big chains".. way more expensive than the smaller, better located hotels. If you're on for some party, I would recommend the Park Regis (great 4*+ hotel at 4*- prices, especially at the weekend) - but generally, I would always try to compare ALL hotels, not just those chains you've mind mind.. hotel prices in Singapore do vary a lot..
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
In Singapore, I've given up on the "big chains".. way more expensive than the smaller, better located hotels. If you're on for some party, I would recommend the Park Regis (great 4*+ hotel at 4*- prices, especially at the weekend) - but generally, I would always try to compare ALL hotels, not just those chains you've mind mind.. hotel prices in Singapore do vary a lot..
I actually don't find a big price difference between hotels despite a pretty big difference in quality. Excluding the ends of the spectrum, what you get for S$140 is a big difference from what you would get for S$200 (a 2 star vs a 4 star). But you're right that prices tend to vary a lot and there are some hidden gems, at least by Singapore price levels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.