Wiki Posts
Search

See Singapore from top

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
See Singapore from top

Another message motivated to open dedicated thread - where one can go in Singapore to see things from high/elevated points? Here is what I know about and please feel free to correct and add your thoughts:

- Mount Farber Park. You can get there by the Singapore Cable Car from Sentosa or Harbourfront. You can also hike up from the Harbourfrount MRT station using Marang Trail or come from Henderson Waves from the west. Road goes there as well and can drive/take taxi. There are no bus services any more.

- From the top of Marina Bay Sands Observation Deck. There is $20 fee to get there.

- 50th floor observation deck on Pinnacle@Duxton at 1 Cantonment Road. Fee is $5 and you need EZlink card to get thru the machine.

- Singapore Flyer

I know that there are bunch of other publicly accessible high floors in CBD area. Could you please share?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:38 pm

- 1-Altitude at One Raffles Place

- The observation deck (Ion Sky) at Ion Orchard (Alternatively have a meal at Salt Grill and Sky Bar)

- A meal within the Equinox Complex at Swissotel the Stamford
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
You can avoid paying the Skypark fee if you go straight up to Ku De Ta, for 20SGD entrance you also get a complimentary drink.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: MyFunLife
Marina Bay Sands is definitely one of the most amazing places in the world!
I love their Pool! and I would recommend anyone that goes to Singapore to check it out!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:45 am

New Asia Bar at top of Swissotel. The view off 1-Altitude is far better because it is open-roof though.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by PeterMFL
Marina Bay Sands is definitely one of the most amazing places in the world!
I love their Pool! and I would recommend anyone that goes to Singapore to check it out!
For those interested in the pool, make sure you book a night at MBS, otherwise all you can do is view it from the Skypark forward deck.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
For something really from the Top. Never tried it though.

http://singaporeheliservices.com.sg/
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Singapore Flyer offers special packages by appointment including champagne or a meal served while you ride. They're not cheap but could make for a special experience, including not waiting in line with tourist crowds or sharing the ride with inconsiderate people.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Singapore Flyer offers special packages by appointment including champagne or a meal served while you ride. They're not cheap but could make for a special experience, including not waiting in line with tourist crowds or sharing the ride with inconsiderate people.
How do they manage toilet breaks on that? It's not too long a ride, but I don't really get dining in a confined space with no bathroom.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Time to pull this thread. Any new venues have opened allowing to look down from the top?

Does anybody know about places in skyscrapers around Marina Bay? I think one place which was not mentioned is a bar at 60th floor at Ocean Financial Center.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
"Our Village" restaurant in Boat Quay, North Indian place, is a rooftop restaurant that offers wonderful views of the Singapore River/Boat Quay/Clarke Quay/Museum area. Pricey for Indian IMHO though.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JHattery
"Our Village" restaurant in Boat Quay, North Indian place, is a rooftop restaurant that offers wonderful views of the Singapore River/Boat Quay/Clarke Quay/Museum area. Pricey for Indian IMHO though.
Agree on that. Was there once and dinner for three (just one meal with non-alcoholic drink for each) was $120. Kinda expensive for a view only (and food was so spicy that I could not eat) but in other venues you need to pay $30 just to get in.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Originally Posted by invisible
Agree on that. Was there once and dinner for three (just one meal with non-alcoholic drink for each) was $120. Kinda expensive for a view only (and food was so spicy that I could not eat) but in other venues you need to pay $30 just to get in.
Yeah, they have a "minimum charge" per party policy, plainly posted in microscopically small print at the bottom of their menu.

Great view though.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by invisible
Does anybody know about places in skyscrapers around Marina Bay? I think one place which was not mentioned is a bar at 60th floor at Ocean Financial Center.
There is an Italian restaurant at the top of the Ocean Financial Centre called Zafferano's which has some outside space. There is a bar in the OUE tower next door called ME@OUE which has great views. My personal favourite is Level 33, which is a micro-brewery in the Standard Chartered tower in the Marina Bay Financial Centre- amazing unobstructed views of the Marina, and very good (if expensive) beer.

Last edited by JP1981; May 27, 2015 at 2:39 am
Old May 27, 2015, 4:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JP1981
There is an Italian restaurant at the top of the Ocean Financial Centre called Zafferano's which has some outside space. There is a bar in the OUE tower next door called ME@OUE which has great views. My personal favourite is Level 33, which is a micro-brewery in the Standard Chartered tower in the Marina Bay Financial Centre- amazing unobstructed views of the Marina, and very good (if expensive) beer.
You beat me to it! Was just going to post about Level 33. I really like the food, beer, atmosphere and views, in roughly that order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.