FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Singapore Changi to City Center (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1479263-singapore-changi-city-center.html)

Paul4Travel Jun 25, 2013 7:30 am

Singapore Changi to City Center

How much would be the taxi cost from Changi airport to the city center?
any hints?:)

thanks

invisible Jun 25, 2013 8:46 am

Depends on time. Departures from Changi have $3 fee. Off peak hours you are looking for $15-$20 max and 15min travel time. Double travel time during peak hours and add 25% surcharge. Night time adds 50% surcharge.

If you use credit card, it is additional 10% surcharge. Oh yes, avod black Chrysler taxi which is twice expensive compare to others.

Paul4Travel Jun 25, 2013 10:03 am

thanks for the infos above!
do you suggest other options to reach the city center?

invisible Jun 25, 2013 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel (Post 20986429)
thanks for the infos above!
do you suggest other options to reach the city center?

MRT - will cost you less than SIN $2, takes max 50min and drop you right at the downtown - Raffles Place or City Hall. You need to have just one change of trains at Tarah Merah station. But trains to not run in 12AM-5:30AM interval.

Shuttle bus - $9 and will drop you at one of downtown hotels.

Paul4Travel Jun 25, 2013 10:38 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 20986473)
MRT - will cost you less than SIN $2, takes max 50min and drop you right at the downtown - Raffles Place or City Hall. You need to have just one change of trains at Tarah Merah station. But trains to not run in 12AM-5:30AM interval.

Shuttle bus - $9 and will drop you at one of downtown hotels.

can i choose which hotel?

invisible Jun 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel (Post 20986701)

The site says:

Paul4Travel Jun 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 20987401)
The site says:

great, TY^

MSPeconomist Jun 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel (Post 20986701)

Of course, assuming that the hotel is on the list. Some hotels do not permit the van to use the carriage entrance and you will be dropped off in the street in front of the hotel.

I've also seen them drop off and pick up people at what appear to be private residences (apartment or condo buildings rather than hotels in downtown Singapore), so you might be able to specify just about any address in the CBD.

Paul4Travel Jun 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 20987468)
Of course, assuming that the hotel is on the list. Some hotels do not permit the van to use the carriage entrance and you will be dropped off in the street in front of the hotel.

I've also seen them drop off and pick up people at what appear to be private residences (apartment or condo buildings rather than hotels in downtown Singapore), so you might be able to specify just about any address in the CBD.

thanks for these precious infos, really apreciated!:)

LOLABUNNY Jun 26, 2013 6:51 am

$20 to $25 for a taxi.I did that way back in 2011 coming back from the UK having a few days in Singapore on the way back to Adelaide,Australia.Regular Service inwards and returning to Changi Airport it was something like an Executive Service Car but for some weird reason they didn't charge me any extra.

kohswisscheese Jul 3, 2013 4:07 am

If you get a Mercedes Taxi/Hyundai Azera (White luxury sedans) off the regular taxi line you only really pay $0.70 to $0.90 more in initial 'flag charges' cost per km is the same as regular taxi.

Ditto for Maxi or Space 7 Seater MPVs etc. Basically everything you take from the regular line is going to be the same price +/- $0.90 *except* the Black Chrystlers which will be about 50% to 70% more expensive.

Note that this only applies off the regular line, its much more expensive (fixed rate) from the limo counter.

MarcoGT Jul 10, 2013 6:54 am

Simple question: a private hotel car will pick us up at Changi.
How long does it take? We are landing at 3pm.
Then, we are departing (after 4 days) at 11 am

Thanks

Paul4Travel Jul 21, 2013 1:15 pm

I've used the private (8 persons max) shuttle bus for 9$: it provides a great service door to door and it's fast as a taxi!
Even if a pretty always use the taxi from airport to hotel, I really suggest this method in SIN!

maltasr Jul 31, 2013 3:15 am

Do you recall the name of the company and where one may find them at Changi?

Paul4Travel Jul 31, 2013 8:21 am

They have a desk in the arrival hall in every terminal, so you can find them easy!
Anyway, woodlands is the company name, but you can always ask for the 9$ shuttle bus.
For hotel-apt trip you've to call them 4h before, because they don't accept reservations!