The internet in Singapore.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The internet in Singapore.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Question The internet in Singapore.

I'll be in Singapore shortly without my laptop. Apart from the hotel I'm staying in, where else can I have access to the internet?

Thanks,
Cypress
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'll be in Singapore shortly without my laptop. Apart from the hotel I'm staying in, where else can I have access to the internet?

Thanks,
Cypress
The whole country has 3G service. SIN is quite well to do so there is a lack of street internet cafes. I manages quite well on a 3G pay as you go SIM Card which I picked up at Changi for SGD35. Proper use of mail filters will keep you packet cost down.

Many Asian hotels charge for internet. They also have pay as you go terminals near the lobby or in the business centre.
Depending on the hotel it can be pay for a block of 30 minutes and you will be disconnected when your time is up. Most places is a one time sign in only.
Some places will give you a one day all you can use, seems like SGD25 is the standard rate in 02/11.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
The airport has free internet. So you might want to check your e-mails there before you head off to your hotel.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
I did a fast web search. I came up with this:

http://www.getforme.com/internet%20stuff%20ccafes.htm

Taking a fast look, the majority are in the city area, so you should be able to find an internet cafe easily. But I also agree with FN-GM about using the internet computers at Changi Airport. There's a lot of them (and I mean a LOT), and they're all free (note: they're all on airside). So get your mails done when you arrive (before passport control), and when leaving remember to send out your mails right before you board the plane.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Sign up for Wireless@SG and then can use the free wifi hotspots all over Singapore (assuming you have a smartphone).

M Gallery on Orchard Road also have free internet through out the shopping centre (and a tasty brunch place that's my personal favourite called Wild Honey).

If you need a computer as well might be a bit harder to find. There are internet cafes around but not all over the place
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Talking Internet in SIN.

Thank you fellow FT'ers for your suggestions. They were much appreciated.
Cypress.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by splatnz
Sign up for Wireless@SG and then can use the free wifi hotspots all over Singapore (assuming you have a smartphone).

M Gallery on Orchard Road also have free internet through out the shopping centre (and a tasty brunch place that's my personal favourite called Wild Honey).

If you need a computer as well might be a bit harder to find. There are internet cafes around but not all over the place
I think you need a Sigapore Mobile phone number to use Wireless@SG
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FN-GM
I think you need a Sigapore Mobile phone number to use Wireless@SG
Sorry yes should have added if you don't have a Singapore Mobile number (+65...) then you can either register at the Info Centre at Changi Airport or at a Singtel, M1 or Starhub Service Centre. Not sure how easy it is but worth a try!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: *A Gold
I do believe the airport has free wireless internet. Check with the info counter on arrival.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: EK, Hilton, AA
Originally Posted by splatnz
Sorry yes should have added if you don't have a Singapore Mobile number (+65...) then you can either register at the Info Centre at Changi Airport or at a Singtel, M1 or Starhub Service Centre. Not sure how easy it is but worth a try!
I didn't have a singapore SIM or number and didn't have any trouble registering for Wireless@SG.

There is free internet at Changi as mentioned, Wireless@SG coverage in parts of the city if you have a smarpthone; and if you need internet cafes, there are many reasonably priced ones in Little India (about $1 SGD per hour).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.