Wiki Posts
Search

Early check in at Changi

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2010, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Early check in at Changi

I will fly from SIN to TPE with Jetstar at 7am. Does anyone know if I can check in early and sleep over night airside in Changi?

I am thinking of checking in the night before.

Also does anyone have any emails for Jetstar, I cant seem to find one..

thanks
Old May 15, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Plat
No, you can only check in 2 hours before the scheduled departure time.

http://www.jetstar.com/sg/en/fare-types.aspx

Scroll to the bottom.
Old May 15, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by Ichinensei
I will fly from SIN to TPE with Jetstar at 7am. Does anyone know if I can check in early and sleep over night airside in Changi?

I am thinking of checking in the night before.

Also does anyone have any emails for Jetstar, I cant seem to find one..
thanks
Hi, sorry to say, the low cost carriers here in Asia (ie, Jetstar, among others) make it hard to query them by just about any means. So AFAIK there's no email address that you can send a query to. This doesn't help you with your question but does confirm that it is not your imagination that you can't seem to find any way to ask them something.

BTW, what was it that you wanted to ask them?
Old May 18, 2010, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Hi, sorry to say, the low cost carriers here in Asia (ie, Jetstar, among others) make it hard to query them by just about any means. So AFAIK there's no email address that you can send a query to. This doesn't help you with your question but does confirm that it is not your imagination that you can't seem to find any way to ask them something.

BTW, what was it that you wanted to ask them?
same question as here. But not necessary now.
I do have another question unrelated to airlines but specific to CHangi. I am flying from HKG to SIN on SQ arriving at 1400 and flying out the next morning at 0700 with Jetstar going from SIN to TPE. Can I stay airside and not go through customs until the next morning? ANd then check back in with Jetstar?
I've been to Singapore many many many times and I am not keen on going into the city. I just want to stay in the airport, go watch a movie in the airport, have my feet eaten by some fish at the spa and have a short nap.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Moved to the Singapore forum from the Asia forum.

SanDiego1K
Senior Mod
Old May 20, 2010, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by Ichinensei
same question as here. But not necessary now.
I do have another question unrelated to airlines but specific to CHangi. I am flying from HKG to SIN on SQ arriving at 1400 and flying out the next morning at 0700 with Jetstar going from SIN to TPE. Can I stay airside and not go through customs until the next morning? ANd then check back in with Jetstar?
I've been to Singapore many many many times and I am not keen on going into the city. I just want to stay in the airport, go watch a movie in the airport, have my feet eaten by some fish at the spa and have a short nap.
I'm using some judgment here since I live in Singapore and therefore would never need to do what you have in mind. But AFAIK, it should be possible. Other posters have said that if they have checked baggage that is not picked up, the airline will collect your bag and set it aside at their baggage office which in the case of SQ should be really close to the baggage carousels. In fact, I would venture to say that if you have no check in luggage and the Jetstar boarding pass printed out before leaving Hong Kong, you might not even need to go through passport control the following morning.

I think your bigger potential issue is making sure the transit hotel has got space for you on the day and time you plan to catch your snooze.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
I think your bigger potential issue is making sure the transit hotel has got space for you on the day and time you plan to catch your snooze.
I actually plan on sleeping in a lounge's nap area
Old May 30, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Ok, I am giving this thread a serious '12 year' bump.

I am flying with AY out of SIN next month and want to check-in about lunch time for my 2150 flight. (I want to meet up with a friend who is transiting).

Is the premium check-in service available for AY pax? I have used it in the past for QF and QR but can't find any post-covid info.

TIA!
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:24 pm

According to Changi’s website, early checkin is ‘Currently suspended till further notice’, though do check in the day itself in case it is out of date (I believe SQ flights at least allow early checkin at their own desks, but not certain).

However, you may be able to still drop your bags at the baggage storage facility (the Jewel one appears to be the only one currently open, again per the website).
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by crackjack
According to Changi’s website, early checkin is ‘Currently suspended till further notice’, though do check in the day itself in case it is out of date (I believe SQ flights at least allow early checkin at their own desks, but not certain).

However, you may be able to still drop your bags at the baggage storage facility (the Jewel one appears to be the only one currently open, again per the website).
Thanks, the SIN website is not very helpful so I think I shall be learning empirically!

Bag drop doesn’t help unfortunately as I always travel HLO. Getting airside early is the hope.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:57 am

Ah, sorry, didn’t quite understand what you wanted to do… you want to check in early so you can pass through immigration well in advance to meet your transiting friend airside.

Guessing said friend cannot enter Singapore (& then head to Jewel / Changi V for lunch)?

No great options if the dedicated early check-in is not available or friend can’t enter SG, but these might work if really important:
  • Ask AY if their SIN agent can issue you a boarding pass the day before (meaning also check any covid docs); after all, you can OLCI 36hrs in advance…
  • Worst case, consider buying a return flight with AirAsia/Jetstar/Scoot to KL / another city, to return by 1pm to meet your friend (don’t try to do it after, too much risk…), but it will cost $$$ or miles to do this and you may have to pass through MY immigration/customs & then go back the other way again (If you do it with MH or SQ, both more $$$, then perhaps no need to go through immigration if KL transit desks are open). Make a trip to KL out of it the night before; you could even take the bus north.

Just to be clear, definitely don’t do this:
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...eet-k-pop-idol
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/s...est/index.html
JessicaTam likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; Jun 8, 2022 at 6:03 am
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if SQ check in will take bags early?

we are arriving in SIN on NH flight a little after midnight Thurs, then depart to India that evening just after 20:00. We won’t need most of our bags while we are in SG. So hoping after we get our bags from carousel, we can check it at SQ desk, then go to hotel. I was concerned about whether SQ desk is actually open, but apparently there is at least a DEL departure at 02:40, so I feel like as long as we arrive by ~1:30, check in desk at least should be open?

would be happy to store bags, too, but seems there is no open 24 hour baggage storage options anymore.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe

we are arriving in SIN on NH flight a little after midnight Thurs, then depart to India that evening just after 20:00. We won’t need most of our bags while we are in SG. So hoping after we get our bags from carousel, we can check it at SQ desk, then go to hotel. I was concerned about whether SQ desk is actually open, but apparently there is at least a DEL departure at 02:40, so I feel like as long as we arrive by ~1:30, check in desk at least should be open?

would be happy to store bags, too, but seems there is no open 24 hour baggage storage options anymore.
If both flights are on one ticket then they can be checked through to your final destination. Or ask NH if they can.

I don’t know about dropping bags off early with SQ.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by emcampbe

Do not exit immigration, go to transfer desk inside SIN terminal, search for SQ counter and they'll take care of your luggage and issue you the boarding pass. The transfer desk should be open 24h. Only after that, you should pass immigration and go to your hotel.

Better yet, you should be able to tag your bags all the way to DEL from your point of origin since both NH and SQ are in Star alliance.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaTam
Ok, I am giving this thread a serious '12 year' bump.

I am flying with AY out of SIN next month and want to check-in about lunch time for my 2150 flight. (I want to meet up with a friend who is transiting).

Is the premium check-in service available for AY pax? I have used it in the past for QF and QR but can't find any post-covid info.

TIA!
To answer my own question, it is a resounding no to early checkin for AY.

The SATS premier check in at T1 is closed and Jewel are only checking in QF and MH as I type (1400hrs).
crackjack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.