Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight at Singapore (Changi) airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by Efrem
If you do this, pick a connecting flight that departs from the same terminal at which you'll arrive. They (in my experience, others may feel free to correct me) assign you, space permitting, to a specific transit hotel based on your departing flight. No sense walking any further than necessary if you're not really departing.
Whilst logically this is correct, what i've found is for the past 3 months (over 5 overnight stays), the T3 hotel is always "fully booked" even when booking 2-3 weeks ahead and i always get given a room in T1 even though i am arriving/departing from T3.

In the time it takes to get to the T1 hotel, I could be in a cab heading to a city hotel - which is pretty much what i do now for overnight connections.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by slickalick
Whilst logically this is correct, what i've found is for the past 3 months (over 5 overnight stays), the T3 hotel is always "fully booked" even when booking 2-3 weeks ahead and i always get given a room in T1 even though i am arriving/departing from T3.

In the time it takes to get to the T1 hotel, I could be in a cab heading to a city hotel - which is pretty much what i do now for overnight connections.
Absolutely correct, hence the "space permitting" in what I wrote. Prepare to be assigned to any of them, but it doesn't hurt to reserve the room in a way that maximizes your chances of being in the closest one.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by gunzie39
We are arriving SIN 12:55 AM and not transferring to another flight. Does anyone know the options for a bed and shower at the airport before moving on?
Gunzie39 (Fellow Portlander): The transit hotel in T3 worked perfectly for me on that same connection last February. I was booked in at a very nice 5* in the City and preferred to save one night's tariff by catching 8 hours (+/-) for a relative song. Plus, as you suggested, it felt great to stagger a few steps to the room, grab a quick shower and crash on a real bed.

The Transit hotel room was very clean and comfortable, about a 2* as someone else stated.

You don't say how far in advance you are planning, but I booked the room a few months in advance, alleviating an problem with availability. Check in was a snap.

And any worry about getting my bag was allayed in the morning. It was right there, well-secured, before I cleared customs fresh and relatively alert and ready to start my holiday adventures at the hawker centres and various ethnic enclaves and shopping areas I wanted to visit. Just be sure to keep a change of clothes in your carry on for use after your beauty sleep

--mcz
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Arriving March 27 on UA 895 HKG at 11 pm.

Flight out on Air Asia SIN-BKK at 10:55 AM the next morning.

Couple questions:

1. Which terminal will UA arrive into?
2. I'm assuming Air Asia will be using a different terminal to fly out of , anyone?
3. Anyone have an email for the transit hotel the website doesn't have one. Only phone reservations?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by schley

Couple questions:

2. I'm assuming Air Asia will be using a different terminal to fly out of , anyone?
3. Anyone have an email for the transit hotel the website doesn't have one. Only phone reservations?
Can only help with questions 1 and 2...

1) Terminal 3.
2) Terminal 1 (not Budget Terminal, surprisingly)
3) don't know... can any other FTer's help?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Can only help with questions 1 and 2...

1) Terminal 3.
2) Terminal 1 (not Budget Terminal, surprisingly)
3) don't know... can any other FTer's help?
Thanks for the help.

If I arrive in Term 3 and have bags to pick up the next morning would it be best to stay in Term 3 that night? Any other things to consider?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold

Couple questions:

You can make your reservation directly on this page:
They will confirm it in a few minutes. At that time, you can email them back through the confirmation email. (I dont have it unfortunately). BUt it is a very efficient process.

Thanks for the help.

If I arrive in Term 3 and have bags to pick up the next morning would it be best to stay in Term 3 that night? Any other things to consider?
That would make sense. one of the terminals..the transit hotel is in under construction. I want to say T3...but not sure.
However, SIN is an easy airport (though large) to get to all terminals airside and then exit for immigration and customs at the appropriate terminal
You can get the bags for sure...
Staff are very helpful all around the airport.

I have a feeling they will book you in a terminal close to your departure flight.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:41 am

Thanks a ton guys. Booking now through the link.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Ambassador Transit Hotel Contact Information

Room Reservation : www.athmg.com
Reservation Enquiry : [email protected]
Tel : (65) 6507 9797
Office Hours -- 0900hrs to 1900hrs (Singapore Time)
Mondays to Saturdays excluding Public Holidays

Ambassador Transit Hotel T2
Singapore Changi Airport
Tel: (65) 6542 8122
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:59 am

Just got confirmation, they put me in T1. Great, no prepayment, or credit card issues at all. Although it says they will only hold it for 1 hour after landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.