Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Recommendation for A 380 in C

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2009, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Seat Recommendation for A 380 in C

Suddenly it happened to us to get 2 award seats in C on A380 for SYD-SIN. Up to this moment I thought this would be impossible.

Now I do not know what seat is good for this flight.

What do you recomment for getting a view on Harbour Bridge after take of and for this flight.

Thank you for your advices.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by irsel
Suddenly it happened to us to get 2 award seats in C on A380 for SYD-SIN. Up to this moment I thought this would be impossible.

Now I do not know what seat is good for this flight.

What do you recomment for getting a view on Harbour Bridge after take of and for this flight.

Thank you for your advices.
All except the first row as they have no windows.

How are we to predict which direction the plane is to take off on the day of your flight? If it is to take off from the south, then the right side of the plane would be good. If it takes off from North towards South, then you won't be able to see anything till it turns around... but then it will depend if it turns around towards east or west. So don't know then.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your advice about not taking the first raw is very helpfull.

Your remarks about the difficulty to know which take off direction will be taken helped me. I think we will take seats on the right side and hope for take off from the south. Perhaps we are lucky, perhaps not.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
You could also research relevant forums regarding the usual take off and landing directions at SYD at the time of the year you are travelling. Prevailing wind direction is often an indication. I had pretty good info on sqtalk.com for example for the best side to view the SF bridges on a recent SQ flight to SFO. That I was unable to view due to heavy low cloud cover is besides the point.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
That I was unable to view due to heavy low cloud cover is besides the point.
haha, gave me a good chuckle. That fog can be thick at the worst times.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Thanky to dannybhoy, your hint "try sqTalk" helps a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.