Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIA transfer 2 of 3 Daily Penang flight to MI from 01JUN09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIA transfer 2 of 3 Daily Penang flight to MI from 01JUN09

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
If someone can confirm this.. I read somewhere that MI will also take Singapore-Hyderabad route?

In the long run, SQ seems to be handing over almost all their Regional routes in the future.. Is this kind of the way CX & Dragonair operate?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
If someone can confirm this.. I read somewhere that MI will also take Singapore-Hyderabad route?
Confirm it yourself! Just go to the SQ website and try and book SIN-HYD. It takes you straight to the MI website. Already happened. The "jetstar-isation" of SQ continues ..... well not quite. But a short hop to PEN is very difft to the longer SIN-HYD sectors. But I draw parallels with QF/JQ as in the same way JQ is not part of oneworld, MI is not part of star alliance. This is distinct to CX/KA as really from a one world frequent flyer's (status earning) perspective, there is no difference between flying CX and KA, both are part of oneworld.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I wonder how long until they close the Penang SKL?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: NW Silver, BD Silver
Hmm, I'm flying MNL-SIN-PEN in J on an award ticket. The connection in SIN is overnight and the plan was to relax in the SKL.

Does this impending demise mean I'm stuck with the SATS Premier Lounge (which doesn't appear to open 24h)?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Coathanger
I wonder how long until they close the Penang SKL?
Closure of Penang SilverKris Lounge effective 1 December 2009

26 November 2009

The SilverKris Lounge at Penang International Airport will be closed effective 1 December 2009, following SilkAir's takeover of services between Singapore and Penang.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by philipat
And I understand Bali will be next.

Followed by Jakarta, Manila, Hong Kong, ..........?

Perhaps within a few years Silk Air will be flying to UK and Australia.

Is this a case of SQ Management fiddling while SQ burns?

Wonder if Brunei (BWN) is next? Brunei has been unique in that some days are operated by MI metal and some on SQ metal. However, all flights are SQ flights bearing the SQ flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.