FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   First Class Service on DXB-SIN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/936787-first-class-service-dxb-sin.html)

FlyingYan Mar 26, 2009 5:02 pm

First Class Service on DXB-SIN

Hello All,
I am trying to decide if it is worth getting First Class on DXB-SIN sector (probably SQ491 at 20:00). Does anybody know what sort of service they give?
Is it a full dinner, including Caviar, etc? Do they give the sleeper suit and the toiletry kit?
Also, the highest class on my connecting flight SIN-SGN is Business. Would I be allowed in the First Class Lounge in Singapore if I arrive in First from Dubai?
Thanks a lot!

SMK77 Mar 27, 2009 12:39 am

I don't think it's worth it - no caviar (at least the last time I was travelling) and old Regional F. You would not be allowed to enter the F lounge in SIN.

Unless you plan to drink two bottles of Krug, save your miles :-)

LionCity Mar 27, 2009 3:44 am

Just my personal opinion. I think we should move away from consuming caviar as the stock of caviar as being badly depleted due to over harvesting. The fishes took years to grow to the large size to produce eggs. Pollution have already taken toll of many of the fishes. The sturgeons are being eaten to extinction.

kkjay77 Mar 27, 2009 4:41 am

SQ uses farmed caviar IIRC.
It's not like Iran Airlines (or is it Iran Airways) that serves real caviar. ;)

qasr Mar 27, 2009 12:08 pm

I'd investigate EK on that route. Proper long haul cabins and even an A380 later this year with suites & showers! ^

SMK77 Mar 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by kkjay77 (Post 11483057)
SQ uses farmed caviar IIRC.
It's not like Iran Airlines (or is it Iran Airways) that serves real caviar. ;)

LH is offering farmed fish-eggs for a couple of years now but if I am not mistaken, SQ is still offering decent caviar.

ambrogz May 3, 2009 3:49 pm

how is is possible that one does not get access to 1st class lounge in SIN when flying F class - dxb - sin

pls explain

kkjay77 May 3, 2009 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by ambrogz (Post 11688024)
how is is possible that one does not get access to 1st class lounge in SIN when flying F class - dub - sin

pls explain

Of course you do get access to F lounge in SIN when flying F.
TPR, however, is reserved for paid (with $) F or R ticket.

BTW, does SQ even fly Dublin to Singapore?

kkjay77 May 3, 2009 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 11487540)
LH is offering farmed fish-eggs for a couple of years now but if I am not mistaken, SQ is still offering decent caviar.

It looks like TK serves Sevruga onboard.^^

philipat May 4, 2009 3:23 am

Boarding Card Out

Originally Posted by kkjay77 (Post 11688118)
Of course you do get access to F lounge in SIN when flying F.
TPR, however, is reserved for paid (with $) F or R ticket.

BTW, does SQ even fly Dublin to Singapore?

Sorry to respectfully disagree but SQ lounge access is governed by Boarding card. If you are flying OUT on C Class you will NOT get access to the F lounge in SIN even if you flew in on F UNLESS you are a PPS. That having been said, there is some discretion, but SQ ground staff are not known for their flexibility.

kkjay77 May 4, 2009 4:18 am

Originally Posted by philipat (Post 11690019)
Sorry to respectfully disagree but SQ lounge access is governed by Boarding card. If you are flying OUT on C Class you will NOT get access to the F lounge in SIN even if you flew in on F UNLESS you are a PPS. That having been said, there is some discretion, but SQ ground staff are not known for their flexibility.

If one flies in F and continue in C, then one is only entitled to C lounge; I agree.
But why do you disagree with me that flying F gets F lounge access?
Flying F means flying first class with F BP, not ticketed in F but has to settle in C because there's no F class.;)

philipat May 4, 2009 4:22 am

Originally Posted by kkjay77 (Post 11690134)
If one flies in F and continue in C, then one is only entitled to C lounge; I agree.
But why do you disagree with me that flying F gets F lounge access?
Flying F means flying first class with F BP, not ticketed in F but has to settle in C because there's no F class.;)

I don't disagree that if flying OUT in F, F Class lounge access is available.

Perhaps I misunderstood the OP question. He said that he would be flying IN ex-DXB on F and OUT to SGN on C and was asking if he would get F Class lounge access at SIN. If wrong, I stand corrected.

bnova72 May 4, 2009 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by philipat (Post 11690145)
I don't disagree that if flying OUT in F, F Class lounge access is available.

Perhaps I misunderstood the OP question. He said that he would be flying IN ex-DXB on F and OUT to SGN on C and was asking if he would get F Class lounge access at SIN. If wrong, I stand corrected.

Greetings! This is also my understanding. I believe the Flyertalk member will be flying in First to SIN and flying out to SGN in Business Class. Thus, I think all are correct when they say s/he can gain access to the SIN First Class Lounge as long as the individual is leaving SIN in First Class (or gets lucky to gain access while flying out in Business). Maybe I misunderstood something in the postings so please forgive me if I have caused more confusion.

rolov May 4, 2009 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 11487540)

This is the exact caviar that SQ serves:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3321/...35e3674c53.jpg

Sydfly Jan 14, 2018 7:23 am

Caviar and book the book ex DXB

is that still the case that they don't serve caviar on this evening flight? I thought the cost cutting - pardon me the convenience to maximise sleep for passengers - has only been implemented on those after midnight departure flights but this one leaves at 8pm and as a First passenger I should expect a full dinner with caviar. Do I also have to bring my own PJs? What's next, bring your own catering in First?

On another topic I could not see the menu online for this flight as the screen cuts off all but the last menu option in both Safari and Chrome for me. But I checked book the cook for First class and they really didn't offer any of the usual meals such as lobster and a selection of western dishes. I'm tempted to book a Yummy for kids option but I'm wondering why the service is so limited on this flight. It's around 7h.