Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Intra-terminal transfer at Beijing Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold, Skywards Silver, Tesco Clubcard Blue

Dear all,

Apologies for cross posting - I've had no replies in the 'China' forum.

I'm looking to fly from Xi'an to Beijing in order to connect to an SQ flight dep 00:15, which I believe leaves from PEK terminal 3E.

My options are
CA1202 XIY 1725 PEK 1915
CA1236 XIY 1935 PEK 2125

These will be on separate PNRs (SQ in F, CA not booked yet but most likely in 'el-cheapo'). I think CA domestic flights operate from terminal 3C.

My questions are:

1. Is it worth asking XIY check-in agent to check my bags through (assuming baggage transfers are reliable at PEK)?

2. Which flight should I choose? I don't want to be hanging around PEK airport for too long, but I've heard delays on domestic flights in China are commonplace. Is this true?

I suppose I could get my bags tagged to PEK and then chill in the new CA lounge if I were on the earlier flight but wasn't allowed to check them through.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:11 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Hi, if it were me (and I have done it a few times, connecting from CA flights to the midnight SQ flights)...

I would take the earlier flight, as you mention delays are common..

In my attempts to get CA to check bags through on the following SQ flights, they have said its not possible to do (this happened at CTU and KMG) even in CA, F & *G they were hesitant.. in any case if you give yourself enough time in PEK transit you can easily pick up the bags and check in (although the SQ check in wont open until 9pm.. timed perfect hopefully with a typically small CA delay and wait for the luggage).. where you could then get the train out to T3E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.