Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Another Q.
On my outbound, I'm coming in TG with a cxn to GA domestic, which I just found out is also T2 (F gates). I know I have to clear / recheck bags, but will I end up back in the international terminal -- or is it separated?
ie: Lounge Access for a *G on a GA Y tkt?
I have a 6 1/2 hour layover
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:59 am
BON

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chavala
Another Q.
On my outbound, I'm coming in TG with a cxn to GA domestic, which I just found out is also T2 (F gates). I know I have to clear / recheck bags, but will I end up back in the international terminal -- or is it separated?
ie: Lounge Access for a *G on a GA Y tkt?
I have a 6 1/2 hour layover
After you exit customs, just go up to the departure level. The check-in area are all connected (T2-DEF). You just have to look for GA domestic check-in which is in T2-F as you already mentioned. (Note: They usually want to see your itinerary before they let you into the check-in area).

Where are you flying to from Jakarta? You can always change to an earlier flight if there is one. Just stop by the GA ticketing desk.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by BON
After you exit customs, just go up to the departure level. The check-in area are all connected (T2-DEF). You just have to look for GA domestic check-in which is in T2-F as you already mentioned. (Note: They usually want to see your itinerary before they let you into the check-in area).

Where are you flying to from Jakarta? You can always change to an earlier flight if there is one. Just stop by the GA ticketing desk.
Thanks -- but I was looking at the map and it looks like the F gates (GA Domestic) is separated from the International departures? I'm worried about being stuck somewhere awful with only plastic chairs, fast food and no wifi for 6 hours. (And I've been to Indonesia lots so I have no trouble imagining that scenario)

The only earlier flight to Manado is Batik Air at 2:30pm from Terminal 1. I didn't book it because I knew 2 1/2 hours would be cutting it too close. BUT if we get through everything fast, we were thinking of running to get on the shuttle bus to terminal 1 and trying to buy a last minute ticket.
It would mean throwing away $150 btwn the two of us, but it would get us to our final destination in time for a late dinner vs. 2 o'clock in the morning (and we want to wake up at dawn to dive ).

I would appreciate any advice you could give me!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Yes, 2F is separated from international as the international terminal obviously is segregated due to immigration. 2F is directly adjacent to international arrivals for airlines like SQ, however.

You'll have to clear customs and immigration, then go up one level and over to 2F, as stated by the previous poster.

As for lounge, this is easy. Go over to the Garuda biz lounge in 2F and tell them you would like to pay for entry. If I remember correctly, it's only Rp. 50k. Good food and views. Comfy chairs.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal
As for lounge, this is easy. Go over to the Garuda biz lounge in 2F and tell them you would like to pay for entry. If I remember correctly, it's only Rp. 50k. Good food and views. Comfy chairs.
Thanks, but is that number right? 50k = $4.30usd -- or do you mean 500k/$43?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Yes, Rp. 50,000 is how much I paid in my most recent visit a few months ago Very very good deal for that lounge (the GA executive class lounge in 2F).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal
Yes, Rp. 50,000 is how much I paid in my most recent visit a few months ago Very very good deal for that lounge (the GA executive class lounge in 2F).
thanks for this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.