FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SIA Seoul/Vancouver becomes red eye from March 2009 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/878894-sia-seoul-vancouver-becomes-red-eye-march-2009-a.html)

yvrcnx Oct 22, 2008 10:27 am

Originally Posted by stupidhead (Post 10557476)
Does SIA seriously expect to turn a full 777-200ER (disembark, unload bags and cargo, cater, clean, load bags and cargo, board, close doors, do whatever that needs to be done and leave in an hour and a half? Boarding alone takes up about half the time. Totally unrealistic in my opinion.

SIA has been doing this turn around in 1.5 hours for many years now and the flight usually goes out on time.
And right now the flight is arriving and leaving at peak times here in Vancouver.
Arriving at 10:55; Departing at 12:30.

If there is one airline you can set your watch after here in Vancouver, it's SQ.
Even sometimes when the flight comes in 10 or 20 minutes late from Singapore, they still manage to get it out on time, or just a few minutes late.
You rarely see delays on SQ here that you see on other carriers.

stupidhead Oct 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Do they vacuum the carpet during this uber-short turnaround? I have carpet allergies (so do many people-and carpet has the mysterious ability to hold on to and never let go of all types of allergens) and it would take me about 3 seconds in the air to notice the carpet hasn't been vacuumed.

If they can disembark, unload bags and cargo, cater, clean, vacuum, do safety checks, load bags and cargo, board 300+ pax and push back a 777/747/A380 within an hour and a half, that's great, more power to them. I hate when they don't vacuum especially for a 12 hour flight. You want me to pay $1350 to sit in allergens for 12 hours?

I always thought that you'd need at least 2 hours on each end to turn a plane of that size.

Singapore_Air Oct 22, 2008 2:25 pm

They turned around an A380 in 100 minutes before.

Guy Betsy Oct 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air (Post 10560670)
They turned around an A380 in 100 minutes before.

:confused:

But that's in Singapore. We're talking about Vancouver airport services.

Ex-SIN Oct 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Wasn't the A380 100 minute turnaround done in Sydney on the initial SIN-SYD-SIN A380 schedule?

In any event, SQ also has turnaround times of about 1.5 hours for the 77W for flights to CDG, FRA and ZRH.

General_Flyer Oct 22, 2008 8:09 pm

In my flights from SUB-LAX, transiting through TPE/NRT usually has a 1 hour turnaround.. Now those are only transits though.. So I'm not quite sure.. (They used 77W and 772s)

Singapore_Air Oct 23, 2008 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 10561486)
:confused:

But that's in Singapore. We're talking about Vancouver airport services.

That was in SYD which like YVR is also an outstation.