The Private Room is open

Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
The Private Room is open

anyone been there yet? any insight into the services offered?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:05 am

OP might want to define what 'The Private Room' is, so s/he can get a reply.

For those who don't mind looking in another forum, here's a link to a discussion on The Private Room. Only one entrant reporting in so far (see post #50) ...

Last edited by jjpb3; Jul 1, 2008 at 10:37 am
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjpb3
OP might want to define what 'The Private Room' is, so s/he can get a reply.

For those who don't mind looking in another forum, here's a link to a discussion on The Private Room. Only one entrant reporting in so far (see post #50) ...
As they say, if you have to ask what it is....

It's just the lounge in SIN T3 reserved only for First and Suites pax.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Reminds me of another thread where a poster was very proud to have accessed the Star Alliance lounge at Bejing only to be disappointed to find inside a door with "VIP" written on it and him being denied access.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
The above link to the other forum now has some pictures as well.

One craptacular note, it seems from the report that only paid as in cash money F/R gets access to that!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Looks beautiful, but where are the amenities? No spa, no extras? All I see is a private dining area. Is this really that much more special than the F lounge? Again, SQ disappoints when it comes to lounges. It will be interesting to see what the champagne being served is.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
It looks like the TPR as its been labeled , is not open 24 hour like the SKL .
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by ryan182
The above link to the other forum now has some pictures as well.

One craptacular note, it seems from the report that only paid as in cash money F/R gets access to that!
I'm not too surprised. While the T3 SKL F lounge has not been that crowded when I've been there, the old T2 one could get crowded, even after the recent culling of PPS members being allowed access. Keeping out the Solitaire PPS, & *A F class pax should guarantee this lounge stays relatively peaceful & quiet, as an F lounge should be.

That said, I think the name is awfully tacky, and the lounge should really have eclipsed the other top contenders out there, not struggled to keep up.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by qasr
Keeping out the Solitaire PPS, & *A F class pax should guarantee this lounge stays relatively peaceful & quiet, as an F lounge should be.(
I think the surprising issue at hand is that, subject to confirmation, those flying on SQ F but either on a redemption ticket or upgraded with miles, may not be allowed access - only those paid with cold hard cash will get in, apparently. This aspect, if true, is the really quite unusual (and quite incomprehensible) aspect of the access rules.

I don't know of any single lounge in the world where it matters whether you've paid with cash or paid with miles, except for UA's arrival lounges where you don't get in if you're in NC (upgraded into Business), and you still get in if you're in XC (paid with miles in Business).
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
I don't know of any single lounge in the world where it matters whether you've paid with cash or paid with miles, except for UA's arrival lounges where you don't get in if you're in NC (upgraded into Business), and you still get in if you're in XC (paid with miles in Business).
Very true. Poor form on SQ's part if this proves to be true.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Me likes to think that this is just an interim solution for something bigger and better...

Although I am the first to say that I am against cutting SQ slack - they always think they are miles ahead of anyone else without knowing what everyone else is doing (and my conversations with SQ department heads and their complete oblivion to the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt proves this).
Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: SQ TPP7, NZ*E, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
In there now. Best I can tell, the food and drink is the same as the first lounge. No Don/Krug. Decor is pretty much the same as well. But of course its empty and there are more staff running around than pax.

No spa,no table service food, but a great view of the runway for those who like that sought of thing.

Overall,a rung above the FC lounge, but not in the league of the QF Sydney lounge, the Wing or the Clubhouse.

Last edited by SqKiwi; Jul 2, 2008 at 5:45 am
Old Jul 2, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SqKiwi
Overall,a rung above the FC lounge, but not in the league of the QF Sydney lounge, the Wing or the Clubhouse.
... or the FCT in FRA I would say.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by demue
I can't speak for the the QF or LH lounge but I certainly say I was very dissapointed with the Wing lounge. The only place it scored was the fact you could have a very nice restaurant meal there. I must say the new T5 "ordinary" galleries lounge is I feel streets ahead of the the T3 SQ F lounge.

OT one thing that does annoy me is there is no problem accessing computers in the lounge but there is no way to print out anything which is most upsetting when you wish to printout for example a boarding pass.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 1:49 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Was thru the FCT, Thai F Lounge in BKK, OZ F Lounge in ICN and the SQ F lounge in SIN recently... TPR doesn't look like anything special... Though they never told me about TPR when I was there and I was on a Paid F ticket as well... at least OZ gave me a ride from the lounge to the gate... albeit not in a Mercedes like LH did

Originally Posted by demue

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.