Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ to SQ via LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
YYZ to SQ via LAX

Less then two weeks time I will be flying to SQ via LAX in business class. My question is I have a 6 hr stop over in LAX, and was wondering how can I get to the Star alliance lounge at Bradly term. I will be flying on AC metal to LAX and understand that they use a different Terminal. Is there another lounge I can use just in case. Thanks.
Old May 8, 2008, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ght=lounge+lax
Old May 8, 2008, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Ramz
Less then two weeks time I will be flying to SQ via LAX in business class. My question is I have a 6 hr stop over in LAX, and was wondering how can I get to the Star alliance lounge at Bradly term. I will be flying on AC metal to LAX and understand that they use a different Terminal. Is there another lounge I can use just in case. Thanks.
I would visit the AC lounge in T2 on arrival (since US immigration is pre-cleared in YYZ you are not directed to immigration at LAX). You could try the much nicer NZ lounge next door, but expect to be refused entry (lounge gets full and you aren't even departing from T2). Then, a few hours before SQ flight walk over to TBIT (5 minute walk just turn right out the front of T2 and preferably stick to the upper departures level).

Your SQ BP will also give you access to the *A lounge at TBIT which is after security, then follow the signs.
Old May 9, 2008, 1:52 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I would visit the AC lounge in T2 on arrival (since US immigration is pre-cleared in YYZ you are not directed to immigration at LAX). You could try the much nicer NZ lounge next door, but expect to be refused entry (lounge gets full and you aren't even departing from T2). Then, a few hours before SQ flight walk over to TBIT (5 minute walk just turn right out the front of T2 and preferably stick to the upper departures level).

Your SQ BP will also give you access to the *A lounge at TBIT which is after security, then follow the signs.
What he said, except make sure that before you head over to Bradley Terminal, either you have your onward boarding pass for your SQ flight or that SQ check-in is open. You can't get into the departure area without the BP, and if you go too early, you will have to wait around at Bradley, a rather dismal experience, to put it mildly.

The lounge also has showers, in case you want to freshen up before your flight to SIN.
Old May 10, 2008, 8:53 am

wait in LAX

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806747

Hi take a look at the above link ... my comments on the same wait in LAX I had at the begining of April.

Try and get into the NZ lounge ... it sounds better than the AC-MLL Lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:52 am

I didn't want to start a whole new topic, but my question is similar.

I'm in SQ Biz coming from SIN to connect in LAX to a UA F flight to JFK. I have 5 hours to kill on layover. Which lounge should I use or am I entitled to use ?

I saw an F Intl' lounge in the UA domestic terminal (near gate 75 I think) ? last week when taking the LAX-JFK run, but we were in econ so we didn't think. This is coming from Biz to First. Neither of us have * status.

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2008, 4:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No lounge access. UA first class domestic does not provide lounge access, and SQ does not provide lounge access on arrivals. If you had *G status or a paid RCC membership then you could use the RCC.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 4:47 pm

No lounge access. UA first class domestic does not provide lounge access, and SQ does not provide lounge access on arrivals. If you had *G status or a paid RCC membership then you could use the RCC.
Actually, *A rules state that an international F or C boarding pass will get you entry into a club during transit. I have no *G status, but have used US and UA lounges at LAX many times when laying over both inbound and outbound.

I always carry a copy of the *A rules from their website, but have never had a problem with access.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by dcrombie
I didn't want to start a whole new topic, but my question is similar.

I'm in SQ Biz coming from SIN to connect in LAX to a UA F flight to JFK. I have 5 hours to kill on layover. Which lounge should I use or am I entitled to use ?

I saw an F Intl' lounge in the UA domestic terminal (near gate 75 I think) ? last week when taking the LAX-JFK run, but we were in econ so we didn't think. This is coming from Biz to First. Neither of us have * status.
Doesn't flying UA PS F class give access to UA International F lounge? If so, that's the place to go.

Otherwise, wouldn't SQ C BP give access to RCC? (Although sometimes this may depend on the moods of the RCC gatekeepers.)

Also, I noticed that poster is CO Gold; if a member of CO lounge, I would suggest going there over RCC. The LAX RCC has improved of late, but perhaps only to the point of being a nice bus station waiting area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.