Lounge in BKK-SIN-LHR when FLying F SQ

Old Feb 18, 08, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Lounge in BKK-SIN-LHR when FLying F SQ

Hello
Will be flying BKK-SIN and SIN-LHR on march 20 in F

Could you please recommend lounges in BKK, SIN and is there an arrival lounge in LHR when coming in F ?

Very sad i'll be missing the A380 flight on that day (but I'm on reward travel so I guess I cannot change to get an F seat in the A380 :-(

Thanks for your comments,

KungFu
Old Feb 18, 08, 1:46 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No arrival lounge. TG F lounge in BKK and SQ F lounge in SIN.
Old Feb 18, 08, 2:47 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
No arrival lounge. TG F lounge in BKK and SQ F lounge in SIN.
You cannot use SPA lounge in BKK too, so you will have to settle in F lounge instead as kiwi suggested.
Old Feb 18, 08, 6:37 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kkjay77 View Post
You cannot use SPA lounge in BKK too, so you will have to settle in F lounge instead as kiwi suggested.
the OP can if the ticket allows switch to TG F for BKK-SIN (I can't recall if SQ being outside *A endorsement waiver prevents switch away from SQ or only prevents switch to SQ)
Old Feb 19, 08, 5:14 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, TK*G Elite+, HHonors Diamond, Club Carslon Silver, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold,
the OP can if the ticket allows switch to TG F for BKK-SIN (I can't recall if SQ being outside *A endorsement waiver prevents switch away from SQ or only prevents switch to SQ)
AFAIK there is no TG F on BKK-SIN route.
Old Feb 19, 08, 6:49 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by france usa View Post
Hello
Could you please recommend lounges in BKK, SIN and is there an arrival lounge in LHR when coming in F ?
KungFu
Hi, the Bangkok spa is available, but it is primarily for the use of TG first class passengers, and nobody is offended by that. There are only three baths and they get a good going working over from about 4pm to midnight. If your flight is earlier in the day, during a time frame when TG is not busy with first class passengers, have a word with the staff on the counter, they have fitted me in before, but it's always difficult to know if they are doing that because of my SQ ticket or my *A status, although they were only going from a SQ boarding pass. FWIW there is a wonderful pad thai in the lounge and they do a brilliant ginger tea, I do like this lounge. I can comfirm daybee69 remarks about there being no TG first class on this sector, but it's one of the joys of *A, where we can swap and change, and most business people preferred the SQ F, regards bkkrop
Old Feb 20, 08, 9:39 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
the OP can if the ticket allows switch to TG F for BKK-SIN
Wow is that true? I didn't know that! I recently flew Europe-BKK-SIN on a fullfare First YY tix, but was denied access to the spa in BKK since the BKK-SIN leg was op by SQ and not TG, even though my incoming flight to BKK was TG F.
Does that mean that technically I'd have had access to the spa?

I could have easily switched to TG, LX, CX or whatever with my ticket.
Actually I could have booked a TG leg BKK-SIN, and change it back to SQ after the spa. Ridiculous...
Old Feb 20, 08, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
But there is no F services between BKK and SIN !
Old Feb 20, 08, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
But there is no F services between BKK and SIN !
Sure there is. CX, LX & SQ for starters. Maybe others?
Old Feb 20, 08, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
......I could have easily switched to TG, LX, CX or whatever with my ticket.
Actually I could have booked a TG leg BKK-SIN, and change it back to SQ after the spa. Ridiculous...
The TG segment for BKK-SIN would have to be in C. You still don't have access to the spa. TG lounges are departure lounges. TG, or SQ for that matter, doesn't offer arrival lougnes.
Old Mar 5, 08, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - I am flying on SQ F between BKK and SIN so I guess I'll be in TG F Lounge.

I have another question though - on the way out I am flying TG F europe to BKK - can I have an arrival lounge in BKK , as my following flight is TG C BKK-CHiang mai late afternoon ?
Old Mar 5, 08, 8:31 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Thanks - I am flying on SQ F between BKK and SIN so I guess I'll be in TG F Lounge.

I have another question though - on the way out I am flying TG F europe to BKK - can I have an arrival lounge in BKK , as my following flight is TG C BKK-CHiang mai late afternoon ?
I don't recall any arrivals lounge by TG, but you would have access to domestic lounge.
Old Mar 6, 08, 3:39 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Hello
Sorry, rather late on this but F pax on the SQ322 can use the Virgin arrivals lounge ("Revivals", landside on the upper floor near the ramp to the T3 short stay car park). If you're on either of the other two SQ flights you'll be out of luck, though.

BC

Search this Thread
Search Engine: