FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Lounge in BKK-SIN-LHR when FLying F SQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/791848-lounge-bkk-sin-lhr-when-flying-f-sq.html)

france usa Feb 18, 2008 11:08 am

Lounge in BKK-SIN-LHR when FLying F SQ

Hello
Will be flying BKK-SIN and SIN-LHR on march 20 in F

Could you please recommend lounges in BKK, SIN and is there an arrival lounge in LHR when coming in F ?

Very sad i'll be missing the A380 flight on that day (but I'm on reward travel so I guess I cannot change to get an F seat in the A380 :-(

Thanks for your comments,

KungFu

Kiwi Flyer Feb 18, 2008 12:46 pm

No arrival lounge. TG F lounge in BKK and SQ F lounge in SIN.

kkjay77 Feb 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 9271443)
No arrival lounge. TG F lounge in BKK and SQ F lounge in SIN.

You cannot use SPA lounge in BKK too, so you will have to settle in F lounge instead as kiwi suggested.

Kiwi Flyer Feb 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by kkjay77 (Post 9271836)
You cannot use SPA lounge in BKK too, so you will have to settle in F lounge instead as kiwi suggested.

the OP can if the ticket allows switch to TG F for BKK-SIN (I can't recall if SQ being outside *A endorsement waiver prevents switch away from SQ or only prevents switch to SQ)

dabee69 Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 9272968)
the OP can if the ticket allows switch to TG F for BKK-SIN (I can't recall if SQ being outside *A endorsement waiver prevents switch away from SQ or only prevents switch to SQ)

AFAIK there is no TG F on BKK-SIN route.

BKKROP Feb 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by france usa (Post 9270894)
Hello
Could you please recommend lounges in BKK, SIN and is there an arrival lounge in LHR when coming in F ?
KungFu

Hi, the Bangkok spa is available, but it is primarily for the use of TG first class passengers, and nobody is offended by that. There are only three baths and they get a good going working over from about 4pm to midnight. If your flight is earlier in the day, during a time frame when TG is not busy with first class passengers, have a word with the staff on the counter, they have fitted me in before, but it's always difficult to know if they are doing that because of my SQ ticket or my *A status, although they were only going from a SQ boarding pass. FWIW there is a wonderful pad thai in the lounge and they do a brilliant ginger tea, I do like this lounge. I can comfirm daybee69 remarks about there being no TG first class on this sector, but it's one of the joys of *A, where we can swap and change, and most business people preferred the SQ F, regards bkkrop

f4freeJunior Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 9272968)
the OP can if the ticket allows switch to TG F for BKK-SIN

Wow is that true? I didn't know that! I recently flew Europe-BKK-SIN on a fullfare First YY tix, but was denied access to the spa in BKK since the BKK-SIN leg was op by SQ and not TG, even though my incoming flight to BKK was TG F.
Does that mean that technically I'd have had access to the spa?

I could have easily switched to TG, LX, CX or whatever with my ticket.
Actually I could have booked a TG leg BKK-SIN, and change it back to SQ after the spa. Ridiculous...

Guy Betsy Feb 20, 2008 8:43 am

But there is no F services between BKK and SIN !

qasr Feb 20, 2008 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 9282757)
But there is no F services between BKK and SIN !

Sure there is. CX, LX & SQ for starters. Maybe others?

TerryK Feb 20, 2008 9:04 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 9282729)
......I could have easily switched to TG, LX, CX or whatever with my ticket.
Actually I could have booked a TG leg BKK-SIN, and change it back to SQ after the spa. Ridiculous...

The TG segment for BKK-SIN would have to be in C. You still don't have access to the spa. TG lounges are departure lounges. TG, or SQ for that matter, doesn't offer arrival lougnes. :(

france usa Mar 5, 2008 2:56 pm

Thanks - I am flying on SQ F between BKK and SIN so I guess I'll be in TG F Lounge.

I have another question though - on the way out I am flying TG F europe to BKK - can I have an arrival lounge in BKK , as my following flight is TG C BKK-CHiang mai late afternoon ?

kkjay77 Mar 5, 2008 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by france usa (Post 9363047)
Thanks - I am flying on SQ F between BKK and SIN so I guess I'll be in TG F Lounge.

I have another question though - on the way out I am flying TG F europe to BKK - can I have an arrival lounge in BKK , as my following flight is TG C BKK-CHiang mai late afternoon ?

I don't recall any arrivals lounge by TG, but you would have access to domestic lounge.

BlackCat Mar 6, 2008 2:39 am

Originally Posted by france usa (Post 9270894)
Hello

Sorry, rather late on this but F pax on the SQ322 can use the Virgin arrivals lounge ("Revivals", landside on the upper floor near the ramp to the T3 short stay car park). If you're on either of the other two SQ flights you'll be out of luck, though.

BC