Wiki Posts
Search

SQ T-3 SKL Lounge report on Jan 9, 2008

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Offhand I don't think 747 or 77W serve any of the markets that now use T2 thus they should arrive at T3 only.
My 747 flight from SYD arrived at T2. No idea where that bird was headed...

I think there is now a 77W flight to DEL too, so that would be a T2 departure.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:34 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Savage25
No they weren't. The T2 lounges were available to any departing *A F/C pax.
The Silver Kris lounges?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peter42
The Silver Kris lounges?
Yes. Its been discussed many many times in this forum.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 7:07 am

Better late that never, so here are capsule reviews of the Silver Kris T3 lounge:

http://extra.wikitravel.org/blog/jan...es_singapore_2

And the KrisFlyer *G T3 lounge:

http://extra.wikitravel.org/blog/jan...ures_singapore

I like 'em both ^
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:59 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Just to add two datapoints to the talk here. I just landed from SIN-NRT in F, and departed form T3 in SIN.

1. T3 as a terminal is great, especially like the arrangements for visitors above the departure area.

2. The new SKL C is very nice. I especially like the long marble tables in the dining area.

3. The F lounge is crap. Stlylish crap, but still crap.

Why is the F lounge crap?

- The dining area is nice enough, but the staff is extremelig pushy in wanting to help. When being told I can open a can of soda myself they are all over me 5 minutes later again on the same thing. For me F-class is not having someone being pushy and trying to be all over me trying to help with stuff I've done since I was 5 years old.

- The sitting area is nice enough for just that, sitting. There are very few of the charis with proper tables so one can work, and very few power outlets.

- The work area is a joke. To huge desks that looks like they've been hauled fromt he hallway of a house in Bali, and chairs that are not proper chairs for sitting and working nicely. The old business center in the T2 F lounge is heaps better, especially the chairs.

- The work area is very noisy due to fans running in a room next door, and is now sufficiently far away from any decent eating that you cannot combined some hurried dining with getting work done.

- I got told off using the bar as a work area (in lack of a better place), so I downgraded myself to the C lounge and established a working area in the lit up section of marble table along the wall there, excellent place, if there had been power outlets.

- They had a new terminal and probabøly more than a good chance at staking out premium floor space for new laouges, yet non of then have good views to the runways, and the F lounge feels as closed in as the old, the C side feels better than the F side in most respects.

- Staff was horrified that I wanted to sit in the C section and even suggested I go back to F section to fill in a complaint form, but at least not use C section.

- Some of the booking staff was pretty inept and tried to do a wondrful game of passing the buck. I have a flight next friday SIN -ZRH in C. I just saw that a better seat had opened up, and told the girl that I'm on that flight, I don't have my reservation in front of me and if she could kindly look it up and pick the better seat. She kept insisting having my boarding pass for yesterday's ticket and then after looking it up said that it didn't seem to be part of my current ticket and maybe I could just look for that other seat on checkin next week. Right.

On the bright side, now with flights spread across two terminals and more lounges, it never got very crowded at the usual zoo time of 20-23 at night, not in C and not in F. Very good.

OK, enough bile for now. The service on SIN-NRT was excellent and I got a japanese meal for supper and still got a nice breakfast, and good sleep. I'm looking forward the flight back tomorrow morning.

-A
Old Mar 5, 2008, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know whether the new lounges have any sleeper seats/slumberetes?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 2:45 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Anyone know whether the new lounges have any sleeper seats/slumberetes?
No, they don't, but the C lounge has some wide seats that are reasonable for a snooze.

Incidentally, having just had my first T3 SKL experience I agree completely with ph-ndr's comments: lousy furniture, no work area beyond a couple of old tables, food not as varied as the C side and the bar was unstaffed. Given what other carriers (BA, TG, VS, QF) can do with their 'home' lounges the SQ offering is letting down their F product.

BC
Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
hmm - sounds like I should pop over to the T2 lounge (once I've had my first look at T3)

have to remember to leave a bit earlier than my usual 20 minutes prior to departure though
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:06 pm

SQ T-3 SKL experience

Apart from the lack of power outlets at some of the seats, and the loud static noise coming from the tv screen nearest to the dining area (while the channel was set to CNN), the SKL at T3 isn't too bad. Natural lighting is nice (compared to T2) and the showers had a "fresh & clean" feel to them.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I went through all the posts and could not find the answer, so the SKL is also a Star Gold lounge?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I went through all the posts and could not find the answer, so the SKL is also a Star Gold lounge?
No. The KrisFlyer Gold Lounge is the *G lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:22 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Originally Posted by BlackCat
No, they don't, but the C lounge has some wide seats that are reasonable for a snooze.

Incidentally, having just had my first T3 SKL experience I agree completely with ph-ndr's comments: lousy furniture, no work area beyond a couple of old tables, food not as varied as the C side and the bar was unstaffed. Given what other carriers (BA, TG, VS, QF) can do with their 'home' lounges the SQ offering is letting down their F product.

BC
Hi,

Just compare it to the LH HON Lounges in FRA, MUC and ZRH - simply amazing, world's apart.

In the C Side lounge at the side with a view of the transit hall, power outlet and about twenty steps from the buffet. I like the design of the C side, though it is getting crowded.

Cannot comment on the F side.

Got the runaround because SQ staff did direct me to T2 instead of T3 for my flight to PVG.

Best wishes!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 5:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Why is there only 2 computers F side? According to staff there is always a problem of them being used and F lounge guests having to use the business class computers. Not good.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Why is there only 2 computers F side? According to staff there is always a problem of them being used and F lounge guests having to use the business class computers. Not good.
And why isnt there any proximity between the SKL C computers and drink/food? And why do we get chewed out for bringing drink over to the machines?

-A
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:00 am

SKL T3 for Silkair?

I am traveling on SQ from CMB-SIN-HKT and the last leg is on Silk Air although I am ticketed as SQ as a code share. Would I be able to get into the lounge of SQ? Any replies would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.