Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIA's A380 flight services to take off on Oct 28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIA's A380 flight services to take off on Oct 28

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
[QUOTE=Guy Betsy;8400851]Do bear in mind that SQ has a horrible habit of scrutinizing tickets at check in , especially in Singapore. They might check to see if the proper fare has been paid and that you *might* be asked to pay the fare diff.

I am not saying that they will do this especially since its their flagship flight.. however based on past and from what I have heard, SQ has refused flight to people who hold below-the-actual-value tickets and even tickets that were issued before there was a fare increase (these were coach tickets), and were asking passengers to pay the difference there and then or else they can always just "get a refund from where they bought their tickets from "!
QUOTE]

Overnight my husbad and I received our E-TIXs. In Black & White:
Singapore Airlines 221 DEPT. 08:30PM Arrive : SYD 0:7:00 AM Next Day NOVXX
Booking Class: R Confimed.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
It was SQ who changed my booking from F to R . The ticket was issued after the change was made to the booking class. It is an E-Tix issued in Sabre.Once the Class was changed, the Surcharged kicked in. Since I was paying the Hip charge for SIN, I was able to do 36 hour stop, which I was not allowed to do before. Should there be a fare change or difference was another reason why I did not issue the ticket booked in "F".
So I am not concerned. I always go by the book.
If you had ticketed before, in F, and confirmed on the 744 flight that became the 380 flight there would be no add/collect that SQ can ask for. You're confirmed and ticketed.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by qasr
If you had ticketed before, in F, and confirmed on the 744 flight that became the 380 flight there would be no add/collect that SQ can ask for. You're confirmed and ticketed.
Both my husband and I were happy to pay the surcharge.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Oct 13, 2007 at 12:34 pm
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:09 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
What was it that Marie Antoinette said? If they don't have bread, let them eat cake?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Oh dear. Filled with confidence after reading above posts

I currently have flights, ticketed, XXX-SIN-SYD which were purchased prior to the A380 appearing in the schedule. They flights are showing as confirmed in F and F. There was a slight schedule change and while the eticket was updated with the new time, the manage my booking section showed the two flights, leaving 10 minutes apart. Called SQ and once they confirmed the schedule change with me they deleted the second flight from view. There has been no change from F to R class on the eticket.

So - am I going to have a problem with this once I land in SIN and attempt to board the A380? Am I holding a ticket (booked in F) for which there is technically no seat on the plane (being all R)? Can SQ legally ask me to change flights or to downgrade?

regards

lme ff
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Oh dear. Filled with confidence after reading above posts

I currently have flights, ticketed, XXX-SIN-SYD which were purchased prior to the A380 appearing in the schedule. They flights are showing as confirmed in F and F. There was a slight schedule change and while the eticket was updated with the new time, the manage my booking section showed the two flights, leaving 10 minutes apart. Called SQ and once they confirmed the schedule change with me they deleted the second flight from view. There has been no change from F to R class on the eticket.

So - am I going to have a problem with this once I land in SIN and attempt to board the A380? Am I holding a ticket (booked in F) for which there is technically no seat on the plane (being all R)? Can SQ legally ask me to change flights or to downgrade?
regards

lme ff
My 2 cents: SQ will offer you the next flight with "F" or pay the fare differential.As GB stated in his post, SQ Check-in staff go by the book.

There is no F booking class on SQ221. So your ticket will have to be changed to "R".I doubt they will issue you a boarding pass for SQ 221 with "F" booking.
I would contact SQ.

By the way, you have to call SQ for seat assignment. Even in First Class,my TA was not able to pull a seat chart. I had to call the PPS Desk to get mine and my husband's seat. PPS Desk sent me PDF file showing with my booking with the assigned seat. I only upgraded on SIN-SYD Sector. The Booking clear showed "R" for SQ 221. All other sectors showed "F".

I may be proven wrong. Kowning and having dealt with SQ for the past few years, I doubt it.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good news! Called SQ (in singapore) and they have confirmed no surcharge. Apparently a circular has gone around to adivse that any ticketed reservations will remain confirmed on A380 flights. However booking class stays as F so changes will only be permitted to flights with that class.

regards

lme ff
Old Sep 15, 2007, 2:56 am

Thats good , I think it would have been very bad if they didnt honor all tickets issued prior to the change.

Just a quick question . When you check in for a SQ flight in CDG and have a 12 hour lay over in SIN with connection to SYD. Can you select seats in Y class at CDG ?? Can they see the seatmap in CDG or do they just give you whatever the computer dishes out. I was hoping to be able to select my preffered Y class seat on the A380 in CDG before they all go. I cant do OLCI as its not booked online and I will be in Y class.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I was hoping to be able to select my preffered Y class seat on the A380 in CDG before they all go. I cant do OLCI as its not booked online and I will be in Y class.

As far as I'm aware for SQ you can request an aisle, window or emergency exit seat by ringing reservations. If an aisle, window or exit seat is available (first come first served basis) then it will be allocated, although i'm not sure if they give you the specific seat number. Plenty of reports that this works for exit rows even if you have no status with SQ.

As far as I can tell, there is no surcharge for economy seats on the A380, only first and biz.

regards

lme ff
Old Sep 15, 2007, 6:42 am

Good news! Called SQ (in singapore) and they have confirmed no surcharge. Apparently a circular has gone around to adivse that any ticketed reservations will remain confirmed on A380 flights. However booking class stays as F so changes will only be permitted to flights with that class.
regards
lme ff
Thats good news. Happy to see a fellow FT got Good Deal.!!!

Although I paid the surcharge and have my 3F seat assigned with a seat confirmation from SQ SIN on a PDFfile, I was a bit apprehensive that SQ may at SIN Check-In ding me with a bigger surcharge,having read GB's post.

I will go head and issue my other two that I had on hold for the coming months.

The Business Class when pricing, does not have a surcharge. So all of those Good Deal BIZ Fares of EX: Other Asian destinations willl have no surcharges .^

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Do bear in mind that SQ has a horrible habit of scrutinizing tickets at check in , especially in Singapore. They might check to see if the proper fare has been paid and that you *might* be asked to pay the fare diff.

I am not saying that they will do this especially since its their flagship flight.. however based on past and from what I have heard, SQ has refused flight to people who hold below-the-actual-value tickets and even tickets that were issued before there was a fare increase (these were coach tickets), and were asking passengers to pay the difference there and then or else they can always just "get a refund from where they bought their tickets from "!
But good for you that your tickets have been issuedQUOTE
]
Old Sep 15, 2007, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
It is the above thinking that SQ would have to honor it,that concerns me giving out these good deals to people. They go to the airline and agrue about their rights on the fares they know are good deals. The result the Airlines give in but close the loophole.
Wise thing, pay the surcharge and keep the loophole;thus your family and close friends can have an apportunity to take advantage of this deal.
Both my husband and I were happy to pay the surcharge. It is greed that is downfall of many a good thing.
Alright yyzprincess, I now understand a little better your thinking in wanting to keep many jumbos private, away from the newbies in the MR forum.

-----

Interesting thread BTW. It would appear that SQ is going to milk the whale for all it can, and then probably act in cahoots with LH, QF, AF, et al, to maintain the "super luxury" status of the plane... I just don't think it'll last. Two years, tops.

As soon as a Japanese (or Euro) carrier starts fitting 6-700 pax on this plane, the popular reaction will gor from "wow" to "ugh".
Old Sep 15, 2007, 2:59 pm

As far as I'm aware for SQ you can request an aisle, window or emergency exit seat by ringing reservations. If an aisle, window or exit seat is available (first come first served basis) then it will be allocated, although i'm not sure if they give you the specific seat number. Plenty of reports that this works for exit rows even if you have no status with SQ.

As far as I can tell, there is no surcharge for economy seats on the A380, only first and biz.

regards

lme ff
This maybe for Y only. Pre-assigned seats for First Suites on 380 can be booked after ticketing by calling SQ Reservations.
For 380 First SQ is giving preassigned seats.
I got 3F for SQ221.I just called the PPS desk and got it.
My husband too got 3F on SQ 221 travelling on another day.
A business associate from MEL got his pre-assigned seat in First Suites on 380 SIN-SYD-SIN.
There is no surcharge for BIZ including discount BIZ clas of service. Only First.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Just a quick question . When you check in for a SQ flight in CDG and have a 12 hour lay over in SIN with connection to SYD. Can you select seats in Y class at CDG ?? Can they see the seatmap in CDG or do they just give you whatever the computer dishes out. I was hoping to be able to select my preffered Y class seat on the A380 in CDG before they all go. I cant do OLCI as its not booked online and I will be in Y class.

Anyone can do OLCI 48 hours before departure.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This maybe for Y only. There is no surcharge for BIZ including discount BIZ clas of service. Only First.
Agree yyz - the poster was referring to Y class. I too have specific seats assigned for my trip in R.

Re surcharge for biz class, sectors ex SIN seem to be attracting about a SGD300 surcharge for new bookings (at least for SIN-SYD and XXX-SIN-SYD sectors I just priced out).

Regards

lme ff
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:56 pm

Agree yyz - the poster was referring to Y class. I too have specific seats assigned for my trip in R.

Re surcharge for biz class, sectors ex SIN seem to be attracting about a SGD300 surcharge for new bookings (at least for SIN-SYD and XXX-SIN-SYD sectors I just priced out).

Regards

lme ff
The fare I speak off , SIN is connection.No Surcharge for BIZ on 380.
This maybe due to the the booking class being "D" available on 380,I guess.

The First Class fare the sector coming into SIN is "F". First Class on 380 has only one booking code: "R", upgraded class, thus a surcharge,I am guessing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.