Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by RayG
Apparently, you can book access to LH lounges from here. Can’t say it works or still possible as I have never tried, but do recall a press release or something similar from LH during covid, advertising the option of purchasing access.
Yeah, not sure how to square that still being available when this page says that purchasing access is not currently possible.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:52 pm

Anyone know why F has been zeroed out for the foreseeable future on SQ25? All the way to the end of schedule. Only on SQ25 not SQ26.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by reverted
Anyone know why F has been zeroed out for the foreseeable future on SQ25? All the way to the end of schedule. Only on SQ25 not SQ26.
If I'm not mistaken, F is available on both legs of the SQ 25 flight if you are flying JFK to Sydney. If it's just JFK-FRA or JFK-FRA-SIN, availability is zero.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Keycard
If I'm not mistaken, F is available on both legs of the SQ 25 flight if you are flying JFK to Sydney. If it's just JFK-FRA or JFK-FRA-SIN, availability is zero.
Ah, this is it...SQ25 F is only pricing for JFK-FRA-SIN-XXX or FRA-SIN-XXX (BKK, MNL, CGK all price). Terminating in FRA or SIN is unavailable currently.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Keycard
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Ah, this is it...SQ25 F is only pricing for JFK-FRA-SIN-XXX or FRA-SIN-XXX (BKK, MNL, CGK all price). Terminating in FRA or SIN is unavailable currently.
Ahhh interesting. I wonder why that is.. Any idea how to get a JFK-FRA-SIN-BKK flight to price out on awards? I keep getting an error when I'm trying to do it
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Ahhh interesting. I wonder why that is.. Any idea how to get a JFK-FRA-SIN-BKK flight to price out on awards? I keep getting an error when I'm trying to do it
F awards will typically only price online if all segments are in F. Since there is no F on SIN-BKK, you'll have to call in and have an agent manually force the system to book JFK-SIN in F and then SIN-BKK in J.

As to the JFK-FRA-SIN issue, I had a similar problem with LAX-NRT-SIN where LAX-NRT and NRT-SIN showed F award availability but not LAX-NRT-SIN. SQ agent was able to book both segments in F and I was only charged the regular LAX-SIN price.

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 15, 2022 at 8:44 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
F awards will typically only price online if all segments are in F. Since there is no F on SIN-BKK, you'll have to call in and have an agent manually force the system to book you in JFK-SIN in F and then SIN-BKK in J.
Thank you for this. I literally was coming back to edit my post as I was figuring this out. This is going to make booking right at 355 days out much more.. challenging.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:47 am

As to the JFK-FRA-SIN issue, I had a similar problem with LAX-NRT-SIN where LAX-NRT and NRT-SIN showed F award availability but not LAX-NRT-SIN. SQ agent was able to book both segments in F and I was only charged the regular LAX-SIN price.
If only this were true in this case. Even the individual segments are zeroed out on EF and not able to be booked separately. Both JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN. So frustrating as SQ26 is booking as normal.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If only this were true in this case. Even the individual segments are zeroed out on EF and not able to be booked separately. Both JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN. So frustrating as SQ26 is booking as normal.
My bad, I misunderstood. That is bizarre especially since the LH FRA-SIN codeshare on SQ25 shows F availability. And I recently bought an LH F ticket on ARN-FRA-SIN with LH codeshare on SQ25.

Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:34 am

My bad, I misunderstood. That is bizarre especially since the LH FRA-SIN codeshare on SQ25 shows F availability. And I recently bought an LH F ticket on ARN-FRA-SIN with LH codeshare on SQ25.

Yes very strange you can't even pay cash for any of these segments let alone redeem miles for them. But the same is not true for the opposite routing which is what doesn't make any sense to me.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by RayG
Usually when you arrive from JFK on SQ25 and are continuing to SIN, they will have SQ ground agents waiting at the end of the jet bridge before entering the terminal, directing transit pax to the secure area. Same for the reverse journey on SQ26 to JFK when arriving from SIN.

Apparently, you can book access to LH lounges from here. Can’t say it works or still possible as I have never tried, but do recall a press release or something similar from LH during covid, advertising the option of purchasing access.
Thanks RayG!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Hi Everyone,

I'll be flying my first SQ flight later this month on JFK-FRA-JFK in J. I have a few questions which I'd very much appreciate insights to;

1. I entered my KTN online for TSA Pre. I know certain foreign carriers like TK have issues displaying TSAPRE on the bp despite entering the details correctly, any such issues on SQ?
2. Does OLCI work from each airport?
3. Any favorites to pre-order, either book the cook or the regular menu?
4. SQ uses the Wingtips Lounge at JFK T4, any other lounge I could use which is worth checking out?
5. I have connecting flights on SK ex-FRA, in the unlikely event I'm checking bags, would SQ at JFK check them all the way thru?
6. Any other tips?

Thank You!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:14 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Hi Everyone,

I'll be flying my first SQ flight later this month on JFK-FRA-JFK in J. I have a few questions which I'd very much appreciate insights to;

1. I entered my KTN online for TSA Pre. I know certain foreign carriers like TK have issues displaying TSAPRE on the bp despite entering the details correctly, any such issues on SQ?
3. Any favorites to pre-order, either book the cook or the regular menu?
4. SQ uses the Wingtips Lounge at JFK T4, any other lounge I could use which is worth checking out?
5. I have connecting flights on SK ex-FRA, in the unlikely event I'm checking bags, would SQ at JFK check them all the way thru?
6. Any other tips?

Thank You!
1. TSA Precheck works.
2. Yes, at least in most cases (not sure if it would work if they need to check a vaccine card for a non-US national coming into the US for example).
4. If you have an Amex Platinum, you can use the Centurion Lounge or the Virgin Clubhouse subject to space availability, which would both be better. If you don't, there's not much else. But Wingtips is nothing to get excited about.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It did not work for me ex-JFK. It sort of worked on the return, because I did OLCI with LH for a BER-FRA segment connecting to SQ26 (and got electronic BPs for both legs), but the SQ gate agents needed to verify my passport anyway and re-print the BP. But it worked enough to bypass the check-in counters and go straight to the gate in the morning (after an overnight in FRA).

If it's all on one reservation, yes they will be checked through.

6. Any other tips?
Bring a USB fan, I found the cabin uncomfortably warm which made it difficult to sleep.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Thank You both!

Originally Posted by bgriff
1. TSA Precheck works.
2. Yes, at least in most cases (not sure if it would work if they need to check a vaccine card for a non-US national coming into the US for example).
4. If you have an Amex Platinum, you can use the Centurion Lounge or the Virgin Clubhouse subject to space availability, which would both be better. If you don't, there's not much else. But Wingtips is nothing to get excited about.
Thank you, I have a green card so not subject to vax requirement. Unfortunately I don’t have the AX Plt yet so Wingtips it is for a quick beer.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
It did not work for me ex-JFK. It sort of worked on the return, because I did OLCI with LH for a BER-FRA segment connecting to SQ26 (and got electronic BPs for both legs), but the SQ gate agents needed to verify my passport anyway and re-print the BP. But it worked enough to bypass the check-in counters and go straight to the gate in the morning (after an overnight in FRA).

If it's all on one reservation, yes they will be checked through.

Bring a USB fan, I found the cabin uncomfortably warm which made it difficult to sleep.
My SK flights are separate from my SQ PNR, I know LH for example will not bat an eye and will check thru on separate tickets to almost any carrier, was wondering if SQ did something similar.

Thanks for letting me know about the cabin temp!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.