Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA 0.7MM
I recently flew the exit row in business on the upper deck of SQ26 and can highly recommend it. The one downside is that you have an exit door instead of a row of windows so the view is not as nice. Otherwise I think it's the best. We thoroughly enjoyed the service and food, and IFE on this flight.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks for the quick reply. I do love window seats as I love the views, which was my main concern with the emergency exit row. Is there much more room than a regular J seat or does space not really matter in J or F classes since you get much more than economy?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA 0.7MM
yes there is much more room in the exit row. basically unlimited legroom when lying down unless you are 7 feet tall or greater. from what i could see of the other seats, when lying down your feet go into a footwell underneath the seat in front of you. probably more difficult for you to climb out if you're in the window and the person next to you is fully reclined. the seats are flat but at a sloped angle as opposed to parallel to the floor.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks. I went with the 2 seats in H/K in the exit row. It will help having a little more space as well.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:47 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
We are booked on this flight as part of an FRWSTAR2. Apparently, online check-in isn't possible.

not can:

• Passengers who have a preceding flight on the same booking that is not operated by SIA

Since the lounge (Virgin Clubhouse) is landside, is it possible to check-in there? On the Virgin site, discussing their UpperClass lounges in general, it says 'Check-in at lounge for passengers with hand baggage only where possible'. This raises two questions: (1) Is JFK one of the 'where possible' locations? and (2) If they do it for their own pax, can / will they do it for SQ's as well?

If it's not possible to check-in online or at the lounge, does anyone know when the F check-in actually opens? Three hours before departure?

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by henry999
We are booked on this flight as part of an FRWSTAR2. Apparently, online check-in isn't possible.

not can:

• Passengers who have a preceding flight on the same booking that is not operated by SIA

Since the lounge (Virgin Clubhouse) is landside, is it possible to check-in there? On the Virgin site, discussing their UpperClass lounges in general, it says 'Check-in at lounge for passengers with hand baggage only where possible'. This raises two questions: (1) Is JFK one of the 'where possible' locations? and (2) If they do it for their own pax, can / will they do it for SQ's as well?

If it's not possible to check-in online or at the lounge, does anyone know when the F check-in actually opens? Three hours before departure?

cheers,

Henry
There is a lounge attendant posted at the door of the VC asking for your ticket/BP so I believe that check-in at the counter is necessary. I have taken SQ25 often, and there is always an agent at the counter 2+ hours before the flight. There is a dedicated FC line that never has a queue...
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Cannot check in at the VS lounge for SQ flight. However I have been successful in gaining admittance to wait until check in opens upon showing my credentials (ticket + card).

When I last took the flight SQ check in opened about 3 1/2 hours before departure. According to this table it opens 4 hours prior, but that page no longer appears on SQ website thus I am unsure how up to date it is.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:10 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
I was on the JFK/FRA flight a couple of weeks ago when I went to see the three Cunard Queens sailing off the NYC harbour together for the first and last time.

I had seat 36K downstairs in Economy and I was fine.

The lounge I went to was the Oasis Lounge. I thought it was really nice with some nice views on the tarmac and this is one thing about it I liked a lot.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Cannot check in at the VS lounge for SQ flight. However I have been successful in gaining admittance to wait until check in opens upon showing my credentials (ticket + card).
I have also successfully done this two or three times.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:28 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
SQ25 Arrival Gate in FRA Terminal 1

Anyone recall what gate SQ25 arrives at in FRA? Is it A, B or C concourse? I have a connecting flight on LH with more than an hour connecting time...just trying to plan my FRA transfer and determine which LH Business Lounge to use when transferring.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 9:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SIN-FRA arrives at C concourse (due to US security rules for FRA-JFK)
JFK-FRA arrives at B (pier with high gate numbers)
Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
First time in this forum so I figured I'd ask the experts:
I'm on SQ25, in C, hoping for an F award seat to open up between now and mid-July.

I have 3 hours in JFK, arriving on UA's p.s. F class from SFO, therefore is the UA IFL better than the alternatives, given that I am not in F (yet)? I am *G but that doesn't appear to matter as I'm confirmed in premium cabins for the entire trip.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by UCBeau
First time in this forum so I figured I'd ask the experts:
I'm on SQ25, in C, hoping for an F award seat to open up between now and mid-July.

I have 3 hours in JFK, arriving on UA's p.s. F class from SFO, therefore is the UA IFL better than the alternatives, given that I am not in F (yet)? I am *G but that doesn't appear to matter as I'm confirmed in premium cabins for the entire trip.
The JFK IFL is just a carved out room within the RCC; nothing special. If it were me, I would make my way over to the other terminal and test out the lounges there. I have only flown SQ F out of JFK, so I used the VS clubhouse. I can't imagine that the C lounge would be any worse than the IFL, and it will probably be better!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by meducate
The JFK IFL is just a carved out room within the RCC; nothing special. If it were me, I would make my way over to the other terminal and test out the lounges there. I have only flown SQ F out of JFK, so I used the VS clubhouse. I can't imagine that the C lounge would be any worse than the IFL, and it will probably be better!
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to see.^
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by UCBeau
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to see.^
Enjoy and let us know what you decide to do, and how it goes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.