Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I'm flying C from JFK all the way through to SIN on SQ25 next month. Would I have enough time to comfortably deplane, get my passport stamped, make it back into the terminal and onto the plane?

Are there premium passport, security lines, etc?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 2:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Nado
I'm flying C from JFK all the way through to SIN on SQ25 next month. Would I have enough time to comfortably deplane, get my passport stamped, make it back into the terminal and onto the plane?

Are there premium passport, security lines, etc?
At FRA, you can go through passport control without having to exit security. You have ample time, though there are no premium passport queues.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 2:19 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Somewhat off topic... on SQ26 if I'm arriving on a non-holiday Sunday in F would I be able to make a 12:20 PM flight that's going out of T3 (Delta domestic to DFW)? I won't have baggage, just carry-on.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by kanebear
Somewhat off topic... on SQ26 if I'm arriving on a non-holiday Sunday in F would I be able to make a 12:20 PM flight that's going out of T3 (Delta domestic to DFW)? I won't have baggage, just carry-on.
Most times that I have taken this flight it has gotten in on time and there have been few if any other pax queued up at immigration. That said, any slight delay and a long line at immigration and you won't make that flight...
Old Oct 22, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kanebear
I arrived on a Sunday at 10.50am in Y (although the IFS graciously allowed me to sit in C just before landing when he found out I had a short connection) with two pieces of checked luggage and still comfortably made it to my 12:14pm DL flight in T3 via Airtrain. Even had time to stop by the CRC after checking in with DL.

Of course YMMV if there are delays, but there is no queue at the foreigners' immigration at that time, and I've easily made the 12.15pm NW flight out of T4 about 3-4 times when arriving in C.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:04 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by Savage25
I arrived on a Sunday at 10.50am in Y (although the IFS graciously allowed me to sit in C just before landing when he found out I had a short connection) with two pieces of checked luggage and still comfortably made it to my 12:14pm DL flight in T3 via Airtrain. Even had time to stop by the CRC after checking in with DL.

Of course YMMV if there are delays, but there is no queue at the foreigners' immigration at that time, and I've easily made the 12.15pm NW flight out of T4 about 3-4 times when arriving in C.
Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 5:15 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Question Paid Upgrades?

Hi all

LX sometimes offers paid upgrades for a reasonable fare (approx 500$ US - ZRH, Y to C). I'm booked in C (award) for JFK - FRA and wanted to know whether SQ also offers such kind of paid upgrades (would like to upgrade to F). Any experiences?

Thanks and best regards
grischtu
Old Nov 6, 2007, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by grischtu
Hi all

LX sometimes offers paid upgrades for a reasonable fare (approx 500$ US - ZRH, Y to C). I'm booked in C (award) for JFK - FRA and wanted to know whether SQ also offers such kind of paid upgrades (would like to upgrade to F). Any experiences?

Thanks and best regards
grischtu
I have not seen this happen on SQ; they would always welcome the full pay-up to F of course...

YMMV
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
On a paid ticket you can by paying the fare difference (ie quite a lot of $). On an award, the only way is to upgrade your award to a first class award.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by grischtu
Hi all

Thanks and best regards
grischtu
I've seen that only once on SQ though in my case it was C to F. I suspect they were overbooked in C and would have either had to bump passengers or op-up them, so better to sell some $500 upgrades than give them away free.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I am booked on this route, outbound April, returning in early May. I seem to recall someone on FT saying this route will go nonstop when SQ gets more ULH birds. I'm curious if anyone knows of a timeframe for this.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
I am booked on this route, outbound April, returning in early May. I seem to recall someone on FT saying this route will go nonstop when SQ gets more ULH birds. I'm curious if anyone knows of a timeframe for this.
That would be a bummer. Lots of travel to Europe planned for next year, and I was hoping to use this route for connections out of FRA...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 5:07 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
A SIA sales rep told me recently that the A380 will eventually replace the 744 on SIN-FRA-JFK but that they do not plan to bring any changes to the routing (despite his acknoledgement that they still have some problems to fill a 744 on the FRA-JFK leg).
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still firmly believe SQ can make more money if they can & are allowed to have 5th freedom on LHR-YYZ. A more profitable sector IMO than FRA-JFK.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Can somebody recommend which J seats they prefer on the SQ25/26? They are currently showing the emergency exit row available? Any recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.