Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by chrisksc
If you are *Gold, you can use the Swiss (LX) lounge which is next to VS CH. IMHO the LX lounge is much better than the Oassis lounge.

Enjoy!
Just done JFK-FRA-SIN on SQ25. Previously flown SIN-EWR-SIN.

I like the Oasis lounge. Nicer than the SAS lounge in EWR.

I like the layout. From left to right: computer area, TV viewing area, food station, library/living room. All with views of the runway. Also seating along the windows. Ideal for plane spotting!

OK food.

In what way are the other lounges better?

FRA was another story. Maybe because there was some industral action but the LH lounge was standing room only and not very pleasant. Didn't stay. Returned to holding area.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by qasr

As far as PJ's go, they should be offered on this flight. I would ask if they are not offered before or soon after takeoff.
Im flying JFK-FRA-SIN in 2 weeks and was looking forward to the PJ's
Is the consensus that they are not offered on the JFK-FRA segment
but are handed out on the FRA-SIN segment ?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by rolov
Im flying JFK-FRA-SIN in 2 weeks and was looking forward to the PJ's
Is the consensus that they are not offered on the JFK-FRA segment
but are handed out on the FRA-SIN segment ?
No, that is not the consensus. They are handed out on JFK-FRA and if you dont receive them automatically you should ask.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by as219
Just out of curiosity, did you find the service rushed at all in order to maximize sleeping time? The last time (only other time ) we flew SQ25 it was in C and all the way to SIN, so we didn't sleep on the way FRA in order to get a "proper" night's sleep on the way to SIN.
Sorry for not replying sooner.

I did not find the service rushed at all, even with wheels up close to 90 minutes after a 9:05PM departure. I noted that my pace of eating was slower than some of the others I could see in the cabin, and I never felt rushed to complete a course and move on to the next. To be clear, the lights were dimmed for most of everyone's meal service (in the event that someone may have wanted to sleep), and not a single passenger complained about the darker environment.

More to the point, the cabin crew were not trying to script my flight to maximize my sleeping time.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Axey
No, that is not the consensus. They are handed out on JFK-FRA and if you dont receive them automatically you should ask.
thanks for the clarification
Old Jul 6, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Do C pax get PJs?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by SASfan
Do C pax get PJs?
No.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by UCBeau
My plan is to just keep checking to see if SQ opens up an F seat, then to pounce on it. If it doesn't work, I'll enjoy SQ's C and be happy.
to update, i checked today (via the ANA tool) and there was an F seat open for my july 16 JFK-FRA flight so i called and grabbed it right away. i'm curious though, where is the Virgin Clubhouse? is it in another terminal? I'm flying into JFK on p.s. F so i was going to hang out in that lounge for a short while but i'd like to know where to get my SQ BP's and where to hang out before my SQ flight.

thanks
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:27 pm

i'm curious though, where is the Virgin Clubhouse? is it in another terminal?
The VS CH is in JFK T4. Check out this map to see specifics.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:32 pm

to update, i checked today (via the ANA tool) and there was an F seat open for my july 16 JFK-FRA flight so i called and grabbed it right away. i'm curious though, where is the Virgin Clubhouse? is it in another terminal? I'm flying into JFK on p.s. F so i was going to hang out in that lounge for a short while but i'd like to know where to get my SQ BP's and where to hang out before my SQ flight.

thanks
The Virgin Clubhouse is located in the center of Terminal 4 before security on the check-in level (Departures is one level below). Once you check in with SQ, walk towards the exterior windows facing the ramp, and you will notice the signage (you will probably notice it without the signage as well). There is a walkway to the right of the lounge that crosses above the Duty Free shopping area below.

The SQ desk should open for check-in at 5:05PM, but if you arrive before that, you can try to go to the Clubhouse and wait there as they should receive a list of all SQ F passengers for entry. As long as they have the list, and you have some form of documentation that indicates that you are an F passenger for the night's flight, they (should) let you in.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:33 pm

edit: thank you for the info!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:34 pm

does SQ leave from T4 or do i hike back to T7?
SQ departs from Terminal 4.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:37 pm

thanks again, you replied before i read your previous post. ^
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by gtownflyer
Just flew this route in August and was admitted into the VS Clubhouse with just my F boarding pass. You are also allowed one guest. Just one guest.

I specifically asked the agent who checked me in he confirmed these rules for me.
I'm flying SQ25 in F. Is it still policy that I may invite one guest (not on my flight) into the VS CH at JFK?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ErthCrclr
I'm flying SQ25 in F. Is it still policy that I may invite one guest (not on my flight) into the VS CH at JFK?
I am flying JFK-FRA-SIN next Sat, I can ask for clarification then .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.