Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-300ER Business Class - Best Seat?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LadyBell
Flying SIN - CPH (a 12 hour flight with a midnight departure) together with my husband.

777-300ER
Which seats do you recomend? Rows 11 and 12 are already taken. Middle seats in row 14 or 15?
Or seats in front of each other by the window.
13 14 K seats are avaliable
The trade offs are as follows:

​​​​​​Row 15 seats will provide the most foot space (a full footwell). However, there may be a bit more foot traffic and row 15 is also the bassinet row.

Row 14 seats put you in the mini cabin. It feels slightly more exclusive. There will be on average less foot traffic. However, the footwell will be the standard angled type as per all seats except bulkheads.

Lastly, there is no row 13 and you say row 12 is taken. So I'm not sure if two window seats are available in the mini-cabin. However, if you would like to talk with each other, the middle seats of rows 14 or 15 are both perfectly acceptable. Personally I'd go for row 15 as I find the extra foot space a benefit (I'm tall and my spouse is not too bothered by these minor differences).
LadyBell likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by demue
I did 15K a few times and also have no gripes with it. Noise was bearable during meal service and foot traffic not too bad during rest of flight. I gladly trade a little disturbance for the space. One just has to bear in mind that it is a baby bassinet row (15) and if a grumpy infant voices his / her displeasure it could be bothersome .

Overall Row 11 still wins.
Originally Posted by bpk6h

​​​​​​Row 15 seats will provide the most foot space (a full footwell). However, there may be a bit more foot traffic and row 15 is also the bassinet row.

Row 14 seats put you in the mini cabin. It feels slightly more exclusive. There will be on average less foot traffic. However, the footwell will be the standard angled type as per all seats except bulkheads.

Lastly, there is no row 13 and you say row 12 is taken. So I'm not sure if two window seats are available in the mini-cabin. However, if you would like to talk with each other, the middle seats of rows 14 or 15 are both perfectly acceptable. Personally I'd go for row 15 as I find the extra foot space a benefit (I'm tall and my spouse is not too bothered by these minor differences).

Big thanks to both of you !

my mistake, i was so inte row 14 i just naturellt assumed the row infront was 13. Should have known better since I know hardly any airline has row 13.
So, 12 and 14 K are available.

Still very undecided. Me and husband are both on the taller side, I’m 173cm and he is 194. That would suggest row 15 bulkhead seats.
However, as a solo traveler on the A380 I have no real issue with the narrow footrest in A seats and I do like the cosy feel of the smaller cabin with no baby bassinets.

It it is a night flight and my main goal will be a good nights sleep
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Row 15 you may only be able to snag upon check in opening. Even then, you can still get booted from it if someone with an infant shows up and requests bassinet. So a risk remains and no guarantee what seat you would get assigned, may not even be together.

While one would think that people traveling with infant plan well ahead and the airline knows in advance, it doesn't always work out like that. YMMV
LadyBell likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:58 am

Thank you!

Row 15 middle seats are up for grabs via manage my booking now (flight is 9 months from now).

The 15 A and K seats are blovckrd out though:

have almost decided to go with row 14
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:32 pm

I had 4 seats in rows 12 and 14 in the mini cabin for our flight on a 77-300ER in 4 days but just managed to snag 11K and 11F! Woohoo! I don't know if someone released them or if SQ released them since we're 4 days from departure. DH and I will move to row 11, even though we're now not sitting next to each other in the center seats. I don't mind, as I wanted the ability to stretch our legs out in front rather than tucked into the side "pocket" area. I figure I'll just keep the center screen up as the 11D seat next to me is occupied.

Is it standard policy that SQ will release row 11 at a certain time or did I just get lucky? I'm going to be checking neurotically now for our inbound flight to see if I can move from our seats in rows 17 and 18 to 11 or 15. I read this entire thread and know some haven't liked 15. But if I can't get 11, I think 15 is a fine alternative since we're both taller than average and want to be comfortable stretching out. We have Bose noise-cancelling headsets and eye masks so I think we'll still sleep through any galley noise/babies crying (I know there are bassinets in row 15). Fingers crossed!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Indeed they release it 4 days out if they’re not taken, as you found out yourself. Enjoy!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:10 pm

Thanks, pokfur. I thought It might be more 72 hours in advance, so I was surprised it was so early. I just happened to be logged in to check on my meal choices again and decided to look at the seat chart.

Do you know what time they're released? Is it midnight Singaporean time? I ask because I want to try to move to 11 or 15 for our return flight in about 2 weeks so I want to set a timer and try for them again!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:55 pm

I think it’s exactly 4 days from your departure time. So 96 hours before. I’ve had some friends stay up to 1am 4 days before their flight just to select it since their flight was also at 1am haha.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by pokfur
I think it’s exactly 4 days from your departure time. So 96 hours before. I’ve had some friends stay up to 1am 4 days before their flight just to select it since their flight was also at 1am haha.
Thank you!. We were on our flight last night and it was wonderful to be in row 11. Very quiet and the only traffic was the flight attendant moving from First class to the J galley. They also brought carts from J to F a few times. One attendant nearly collided with my husband once (he was 11K and had stood up to go to the bathroom) because the curtain was drawn and they move so quickly. Oops! I was in 11F and was just careful to stand up and move to the bathroom quickly to avoid a collision. Although when I exited the bathroom one time, a busy attendant collided into me when I stepped out. She looked horrified (she had a tray of food that clipped me in the arm and ended up knocking chopsticks off the tray given her speed/impact) but I was fine and apologized to her, too. The unlatching noise of the bathroom lock is usually pretty noisy but I guess she didn't hear it.

The other benefit to row 11 is that our location meant we exited first through First class so we were among the earliest group off the plane. I'm not sure if that's standard (having never flown SQ J class) but a kind F class flight attendant was super helpful when he noticed we had kids (even gave my tween a stuffed animal!). He was the one who gestured for us to come up to First Class to exit the plane.

I'm setting a timer to try for row 11 on our inbound flight but I'm not optimistic. The flight originates in SIN with a stop at NRT en route to LAX, so it may have continuing passengers already seated in row 11. Moreover, since we have 4 in our party, including 2 kids, I am reluctant to just get 1 seat in the mini cabin and leave 3 in the large J class cabin. So i'll check for 11 and 15. I suspect 15 is much noisier due to galley proximity. When I went to the restroom, I always noticed the flight attendants busy in the galley so it rarely seems quiet and slow.

Anyhow, thanks again to all for sharing their experiences.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by smiles33
Thank you!. We were on our flight last night and it was wonderful to be in row 11. Very quiet and the only traffic was the flight attendant moving from First class to the J galley. They also brought carts from J to F a few times. One attendant nearly collided with my husband once (he was 11K and had stood up to go to the bathroom) because the curtain was drawn and they move so quickly. Oops! I was in 11F and was just careful to stand up and move to the bathroom quickly to avoid a collision. Although when I exited the bathroom one time, a busy attendant collided into me when I stepped out. She looked horrified (she had a tray of food that clipped me in the arm and ended up knocking chopsticks off the tray given her speed/impact) but I was fine and apologized to her, too. The unlatching noise of the bathroom lock is usually pretty noisy but I guess she didn't hear it.

The other benefit to row 11 is that our location meant we exited first through First class so we were among the earliest group off the plane. I'm not sure if that's standard (having never flown SQ J class) but a kind F class flight attendant was super helpful when he noticed we had kids (even gave my tween a stuffed animal!). He was the one who gestured for us to come up to First Class to exit the plane.

I'm setting a timer to try for row 11 on our inbound flight but I'm not optimistic. The flight originates in SIN with a stop at NRT en route to LAX, so it may have continuing passengers already seated in row 11. Moreover, since we have 4 in our party, including 2 kids, I am reluctant to just get 1 seat in the mini cabin and leave 3 in the large J class cabin. So i'll check for 11 and 15. I suspect 15 is much noisier due to galley proximity. When I went to the restroom, I always noticed the flight attendants busy in the galley so it rarely seems quiet and slow.

Anyhow, thanks again to all for sharing their experiences.
I take this route 3-4x a year quite a lot of times I’m the only person on the route for the whole journey in row 11.

You’ll find a lot of the traffic in J from SIN to LAX actually do end their journey in NRT. Good luck!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888
I take this route 3-4x a year quite a lot of times I’m the only person on the route for the whole journey in row 11.

You’ll find a lot of the traffic in J from SIN to LAX actually do end their journey in NRT. Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I had noticed 2 empty seats in row 15 when I used the restroom so it may be that most people don't know the rows open up for booking 96 hours out (like me before I accidentally discovered it!).
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by smiles33
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I had noticed 2 empty seats in row 15 when I used the restroom so it may be that most people don't know the rows open up for booking 96 hours out (like me before I accidentally discovered it!).
I don’t like Row 15. It’s too near the galley and the toilets especially, resulting in a lot of noise and traffic. I’d rather choose a regular seat at the rear of the large cabin over row 15. So it’s probably row 11 > other mini cabin seats > back part of large cabin > row 15 for me.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by pokfur
I don’t like Row 15. It’s too near the galley and the toilets especially, resulting in a lot of noise and traffic. I’d rather choose a regular seat at the rear of the large cabin over row 15. So it’s probably row 11 > other mini cabin seats > back part of large cabin > row 15 for me.
Thanks, pokfur. We are currently in rows 17 and 18 as the mini cabin was fully booked when I bought the tickets. We probably will end up staying in our seats as I'm hesitant to have 2 of us in the mini cabin and my kinds way back in row 18 (and I'm doubtful we can get all 4 seats).
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h

Are the toilets closer to row 15? From the seatmap, looks like its a galley and exit after seat 14K. Would prefer not to sit directly behind a toilet for 14K for a long SQ1 flight.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by reefsf
Are the toilets closer to row 15? From the seatmap, looks like its a galley and exit after seat 14K. Would prefer not to sit directly behind a toilet for 14K for a long SQ1 flight.
IIRC, the toilet is directly in front of 15k. Although traffic from galley is loud during meal times, you won’t hear the flushing from the toilet from seat 14k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.