Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Air New Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1K
Singapore Air New Business Class

Does anyone know which route has SQ upgraded their business class cabin? I have seen numerous ads on this. I am flying LAX-SIN direct (SQ37) this Thursday. Just curious. Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to SQ Forum. Please follow there.
Obscure2K
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: SQ/PPS SOLITAIRE, QF/CC, AA,UA
Originally Posted by phoenix
Does anyone know which route has SQ upgraded their business class cabin? I have seen numerous ads on this. I am flying LAX-SIN direct (SQ37) this Thursday. Just curious. Thanks.
SQ direct flights to SIN from EWR and LAX are on the Airbus 340-500 which has the older sleeper seats. These are remarkably similar to UA's first class seats on the premium service 757s, but you'll find the SQ cabin service much better. The new J class is only on the B777-300ER (77W) and I understand some flights to LAX via TPE (SQ27/28) will use this aircraft from August
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lesluxford
The new J class is only on the B777-300ER (77W) and I understand some flights to LAX via TPE (SQ27/28) will use this aircraft from August
I know it's already flying that route this month, but otherwise correct. The only other flight from the US that the 77W is on would be SFO-ICN-SIN.

Just to be clear, they are not "updating" the seats on existing aircraft for now, but rather doing it on their new 77W's and the A380 when it comes out. SQ plans on retiring their 747's and selling them, and there's no public word ont he refit of the current 772's and A345's.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:35 am

SQ28/27 goes 77W from this Thrs 5/Jul though only 4x weekly. end Oct its goes daily
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:22 am

"Just to be clear, they are not "updating" the seats on existing aircraft for now, but rather doing it on their new 77W's and the A380 when it comes out."

Will the JFK-FRA-SIN ever get the new seats? How about EWR-SIN? I thought this would be popular routes for SQ to roll out the new seats early.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Will the JFK-FRA-SIN ever get the new seats?
Yes, once the A380 is put on that route. That is, not anytime soon.
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
How about EWR-SIN? I thought this would be popular routes for SQ to roll out the new seats early.
It is unclear what will happen with the ULH routes. The 77W's do not have the range for those trips (neither do the 380's) at maximum capacity, and it is unlikely SQ will want to sacrifice seating capacity. SQ's options are to keep the 345's in the current config, update them to the newer config (unlikely) or by 773-LR's and fit them out with the new interior (more unlikely) or drop the routes (even more unlikely). Who knows what they will do, but I'm betting they want an F product on the ULH flights dearly. It'll be interesting to see which way they go about that.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
From what I heard from an SQ conference for Educational tours conducted recently, I gather that the A380 might have an updated version of the new seat.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL
SQ28/27 goes 77W from this Thrs 5/Jul though only 4x weekly. end Oct its goes daily
Is this published in the GDS systems or on SQ's website anywhere? The PDF timetable still lists SQ28 as a 772. We're planning to fly SIN-LAX in early December and want to make sure it will be the 77W Indications look like it is, but I want to be 100% sure.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seadan
Is this published in the GDS systems or on SQ's website anywhere? The PDF timetable still lists SQ28 as a 772. We're planning to fly SIN-LAX in early December and want to make sure it will be the 77W Indications look like it is, but I want to be 100% sure.
[KVS Availability Tool 2.8.4/Platinum - Amadeus: Timetable]
Code:
SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
LAX  Los Angeles Int'l CA US [KLAX]
FRI  30 Nov 2007 - 07 Dec 2007

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ---------------------------------------------------------------- 
SQ        38     SIN  16:00     LAX  15:30     345  0    1234567     15:30       2       B   04 Nov   08 Mar
SQ        12     SIN  09:40     LAX  11:05     744  1    1234567     17:25       2       B   04 Nov   08 Mar
SQ        28     SIN  17:15     LAX  18:40     77W  1    1234567     17:25       2       B   04 Nov   08 Mar
Old Jul 4, 2007, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by qasr
It is unclear what will happen with the ULH routes. The 77W's do not have the range for those trips (neither do the 380's) at maximum capacity, and it is unlikely SQ will want to sacrifice seating capacity. SQ's options are to keep the 345's in the current config, update them to the newer config (unlikely) or by 773-LR's and fit them out with the new interior (more unlikely) or drop the routes (even more unlikely). Who knows what they will do, but I'm betting they want an F product on the ULH flights dearly. It'll be interesting to see which way they go about that.
If I were SQ, I would configure 14 787-9s with 150 seats in 3 cabins for ULH and fly 2x/daily SIN-LAX, 2x/daily SIN-NYC, 1x/daily SIN-SFO, and 1x/daily SIN-ORD.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: SQ-PPS, HH-Diamond
I just flew on the 77w SIN-CDG return last week, and yes the new Buisness class seats are nice and spacious, but seriously lacks on important feature - lumbar support. The previous Raffles class seat had adjustable lumbar support and also under-lap height support. These adjustments makes for a very comfortable lounging seat, and the under-lap height helps in preventing submarining (or slipping down the seat).

Once the new seats are folded down (manually), the flat bed is spacious and you do sleep at a diagonal (feet towards the right, head towards the left). Plenty of space for you to find a comfortable sleep position. Bigger pillow and blanket is hidden behind the seat and shown when you fold-down into the bed.

The fold-out table is height adjustable which is good, if you want to have your meals in bed, which you actually can. Table slides away to one side for easy egress/ingress.

In all, a pretty comfortable flight. Better if they can find a way to provide lumbar support.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by bloob
Once the new seats are folded down (manually), the flat bed is spacious and you do sleep at a diagonal (feet towards the right, head towards the left).
I think that depends on which side of the cabin you are in.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:00 pm

Programs: SQ-PPS, HH-Diamond
Yes, my bad. I just realised this. Thanks for point it out, but the fact is you still sleep at a diagonal, whether to the left or right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.