Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

My Quickest Turnaround Itenary Yet: Some Queries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club

For the very first time, I'm going to use SIN as a transit point. I am scheduled to travel to New York for a briefing, flying out on Business Class on a Monday noon (SQ22), and returning to Singapore early Thursday morning (SQ21). I have a connecting flight in TG402 (different itenary, Business Class).

Barring any flight delays, 2.5 hours between touchdown at T2 and departure in T1 seems a lot of time. I know I can shuttle between T1 and T2 airside. Now, my queries:

1. If I do not want to bring my suitcase onboard, is there any way I can leave it with the ground handlers? I do not want to cross immigration in SIN.
2. I will be able to access the SATS Premier Lounge and Thai Royal Silk Lounge in T1. Are there any other options for me?
3. If I visit the Silver Kris Lounge (Raffles Side) in T2, will there be any ironing facility for my use? I will be going on stage at 1:30pm, with no accomodation booked. Thus I will need to dress up before I leave Changi.

Any responses will be much appreciated!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 6:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
1. Just through check your bags (or alternatively travel with carry on only). To through check you'll need to show check in (in EWR) your onward ticket. Otherwise if you don't through check and have checked bags you will need to clear immigration to get your bags.

2. Nope.

3. Not sure.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 6:58 pm

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by The High Flyer
2. I will be able to access the SATS Premier Lounge and Thai Royal Silk Lounge in T1. Are there any other options for me?
You will not have access to SATS Premier Lounge in T1 as that is not a *G lounge, and TG does not use that as a contract lounge since they have their own lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
Obviously you can use SKL C for your outbound SQ flight, and options for your TG flight are TG lounge in T1 or SATS in T2.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club
Originally Posted by aerosmith
You will not have access to SATS Premier Lounge in T1 as that is not a *G lounge, and TG does not use that as a contract lounge since they have their own lounge.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that T1 SATS Premier Lounge isn't a *G Lounge. Who gets to use that lounge then?
Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
Obviously you can use SKL C for your outbound SQ flight, and options for your TG flight are TG lounge in T1 or SATS in T2.
I will be able to access the T2 Silver Kris Lounge (Raffles Side) too, owing to my PPS status.

By the way, sadly, due to some miscommunication, I will be travelling in Executive Economy on SQ22/SQ21. No more Business for me.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
I will be able to access the T2 Silver Kris Lounge (Raffles Side) too, owing to my PPS status.
Oops... of course.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that T1 SATS Premier Lounge isn't a *G Lounge. Who gets to use that lounge then?(
SATS Premier Lounge at T1 is a contract lounge. F passengers, J passengers and Elite members on carriers in T1 that appoints SATS as the ground agent, whom do not have a lounge of their own, gets to use that lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.