Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How Do You Feel about Seat 1B on the 744?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do You Feel about Seat 1B on the 744?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood,
CGK, even thought SQ 11 is a day flight form LAX to NRT, wouldn't it make
more 'body clock' sense to sleep on the LAX-NRT leg, and then stay awake for the NRT-SIN leg, since one arrives after 1am?
I am booked on 3F in March.

What are some minimum and maximum waiting times through the LAX security checkpoint?

Last edited by davethewave; Jan 27, 2007 at 10:29 am
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:59 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by davethewave
CGK, even thought SQ 11 is a day flight form LAX to NRT, wouldn't it make
more 'body clock' sense to sleep on the LAX-NRT leg, and then stay awake for the NRT-SIN leg, since one arrives after 1am?
I am booked on 3F in March.

What are some minimum and maximum waiting times through the LAX security checkpoint?
Your explanation is correct. I usually take a nap after lunch, and wake up before the light meal service during LAX-NRT leg. Then rush to NH F Lounge for shower. And staying awake till Singapore. But in reality, I noticed that the continuing pax from LAX were sleeping and skipping dinner for NRT-SIN segment. Thus, the cabin would be dark.

Not really notice te waiting times for security at LAX. But when I see a long line at the security, I go back to check-in counter and ask for help.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:52 pm

Thanks.
Is the lunch served fairly quickly after take-off (and a Tiger to wet the whistle)?
And how soon before NRT is the next meal?

Do you get an invitation/pass from the flight staff for the NH F lounge or just the boarding pass?
I will have an AC issued pass, coming C from YYZ...
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:20 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by davethewave
Thanks.
Is the lunch served fairly quickly after take-off (and a Tiger to wet the whistle)?
And how soon before NRT is the next meal?

Do you get an invitation/pass from the flight staff for the NH F lounge or just the boarding pass?
I will have an AC issued pass, coming C from YYZ...
Usually lunch serves immediately after taking off. I mean after the first drink. (Sorry, don't know about beer. )
The light meal prior to land at NRT is usually about 2 1/2 hours before landing. But you can ask the FA to serve you when you want it. I usually prefer the light meal to be served 3 hours prior, which is about the lunch time in CGK or SIN. And it will give me time to eat slowly, and not too rush. Plus, I usually like to have something in the lounge, and to give a good time break before the dinner served to SIN.

Usually, SQ is very good in replacing your BP. I mean if you get your SQ BP by AC, when you check-in at LAX, SQ will change it to the SQ Red BP. Thus, when you are transiting in NRT, you just need to show the BP to NH F lounge staff. No need invitation card.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CGK
Usually, SQ is very good in replacing your BP. I mean if you get your SQ BP by AC, when you check-in at LAX, SQ will change it to the SQ Red BP. Thus, when you are transiting in NRT, you just need to show the BP to NH F lounge staff. No need invitation card.
I agree with this. When I went to SQ F Lounge or the SQ F reception in SIN I had a BP issued on Sri Lankan stock and they switched it to SQ stock no questions asked
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:56 pm

I just did SQ 11 last week in 4A. I didnt find too many people walking by or too much noise however I did have the window shade issue. 1B seemed too secluded since it had no windows nearby.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My prefered seats on the 744 when traveling by myself have always been 3A and 3F. Especially when there are other choices where one can enjoy the benefits of the skysuite being both a window & isle seat at the same time, 1B doesn't look very appealing for me because as someone has already pointed out, it is far away from the windows (be it left or right). Due to the nature of SQ's 744 F layout, the isle separating the seats from 2D for 2A and 2F are too narrow. 4A and 4F are too much in the rear for me and being the closest seats to the Raffles Cabin. That is why 3A and 3F are my favorite seats in the 744. When traveling with someone else, it is also seats in row 3 (3C & 3D) that are my prefered seating.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Great discussion here - good to have all of your experienced opinions. I am in 1B on SQ11 on July 14th (YYZ-LAX-NRT-SIN) and 1B on the 28th (SIN-NRT-LAX-YYZ). I chose the seat based on recco from Seatguru.... but may change based on this.

As I am flying on points, and SQ only offers 1 First Class seat on points, my wife will need to fly in Business (or I will) . Does anyone know if SQ will allow an upgrade from Business to First for the 20,000 point difference, if a seat exists just prior to departure ?

Thanks

CC
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Great discussion here - good to have all of your experienced opinions. I am in 1B on SQ11 on July 14th (YYZ-LAX-NRT-SIN) and 1B on the 28th (SIN-NRT-LAX-YYZ). I chose the seat based on recco from Seatguru.... but may change based on this.

As I am flying on points, and SQ only offers 1 First Class seat on points, my wife will need to fly in Business (or I will) . Does anyone know if SQ will allow an upgrade from Business to First for the 20,000 point difference, if a seat exists just prior to departure ?

Thanks

CC
keep checking, seats will sometimes open up
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:54 pm

In my limited SQ F experience, I've flown SQ11/SQ12 - 4F/4A, 3F/3A, and twice 2F/2A (I like to view the coastline). I liked 2F/2A the best - not claustrophobic and on the two occasions I've sat in these seats, 2D was not occupied so there was some degree of solitude despite the somewhat narrow aisle.

No matter what SkySuite you finally decide to choose in the SQ F cabin, the ambience, seat, amenities, food, beverage, and service make it a wonderful, relaxing and soothing experience.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:18 pm

Funny enough, I too booked on Aeroplan points, thinking Mrs. davethewave
would have to slum it in C. But when the agent made a ghost reservation on my flight in March, a second F seat opened up. Brownie points!

I know many in this forum attest to seats opening up, but I lucked that one out.

Of course I am returning on AC 2 in C, so what goes around comes around!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Davethewave - thanks for the tip !

I will try the same with Aeroplan to see if I too can earn Brownie Points with Mrs CC.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Update

I now have two segments on the SQ 744 in F, once in 2A, once in 2F. I'm glad I chose these seats and not 1B. 1B is way too far from the windows to really look out well, and frankly, it looks a little "jammed" up there. I know it's just as roomy as the other seats, but I think the two seats in row 2 are superior.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
I now have two segments on the SQ 744 in F, once in 2A, once in 2F. I'm glad I chose these seats and not 1B. 1B is way too far from the windows to really look out well, and frankly, it looks a little "jammed" up there. I know it's just as roomy as the other seats, but I think the two seats in row 2 are superior.

Just shows how little you know!!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Benjamin, Exactly my thoughts. I trust you enjoyed SQ F service.
Best regards,
Sebastian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.