FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   LAX SKL and now also Interim Business Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/602997-lax-skl-now-also-interim-business-lounge.html)

CGK Sep 18, 2006 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by fimo
Anyway, I made it to the vaunted Virgin Atlantic lounge at JFK... me likey! A lot!!!!

If you like VS CH at JFK a lot, you will need to plan a visit to VS CH at LHR. ;)

fimo Sep 19, 2006 12:44 pm

ARGH! I've only been through LHR once and don't think I'll have the chance to any time soon... but dagnabbit I've definitely got my sights trained on it now!

TGflyergirl Sep 22, 2006 8:55 am

Another reason not to fly LAX! Hah!

Anyway, I made it to the vaunted Virgin Atlantic lounge at JFK... me likey! A lot!!!!

Me likey a lot too!

ARGH! I've only been through LHR once and don't think I'll have the chance to any time soon... but dagnabbit I've definitely got my sights trained on it now!

Me likey the one in LHR even more, especially if you enjoy manicures like i do :)

CGK Sep 23, 2006 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Me likey a lot too!
Me likey the one in LHR even more, especially if you enjoy manicures like i do :)

I am torn in between right now... for my trip in Dec or Jan. JFK-FRA to get into VS CH at JFK, then FRA-SIN or FRA-LHR-SIN to get into LHR VS CH, but I am over the mileage in my RTW tix. :eek:
Have to rethink more.
But hey, in another week, I will be at VS CH though. :D :D Anyone around? DeltaFlyingProf should be there too.
Kiwi Flyer, are you passing JFK?

Back to the topic, isn't it the time to say good bye for good for SKL at LAX TBIT?

TGflyergirl Sep 23, 2006 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by CGK

Back to the topic, isn't it the time to say good bye for good for SKL at LAX TBIT?

Should have said goodbye to that lounge a long time ago. Unmemorable. :td:

Savage25 Sep 23, 2006 8:02 pm

Welcome back from exile :)

CGK Sep 23, 2006 8:17 pm

Should have said goodbye to that lounge a long time ago. Unmemorable. :td:

As we know, it's personal preference. TBIT SKL is surely memorable for me. ;) ;) :D

TerryK Sep 28, 2006 12:35 am

Despite repeated rumors of closure, TBIT SKL is still open today. The latest word is that it will close sometime next month. :p

CGK Sep 28, 2006 6:45 pm

Thanks for the update.
A little bird told me that the changes will occur Oct 10?

Trojan06 Oct 9, 2006 11:36 am

LAX TBIT Lounges

Originally Posted by CGK
Thanks for the update.
A little bird told me that the changes will occur Oct 10?

According to the Los Angeles World Airports website, it appears that all current TBIT lounges will be closed 10/10/06. Here is an excerpt from the press release:

TBIT Lounge Upgrade (LAXTEC)
This project involves upgrading the TBIT lounges. The following airline groups, Star Alliance, One World, Sky Team and LAXSUL (Shared Used Lounge) will construct four separate VIP lounges to better serve their passengers. On 10/10/06, two temporary lounges areas will open during the VIP lounge build-out. The Interim Business Class Lounge (IBCL) is located on the AA hanger facility (Northeast of Post 5). Pacific Aviation will bus passengers from TBIT to the IBCL. The Interim First Class Lounge will be located in the middle of the Mezzanine level of TBIT (Table seating area). Joe McGlynn is the Project Manager for LAXTEC.

I fly SQ 11 on 10/11/06 in Raffles and will report back with info regarding the Interim Bus Lounge.

Kiwi Flyer Oct 11, 2006 12:48 pm

Brand new interim business lounge at LAX TBIT

See travel thread for some info on this new lounge.

wr_schwab Oct 11, 2006 7:21 pm

Any info on the interim F lounge? If not, I'm flying out on Sat 10/14/06 and will report back once I get net access. Hopefully Connexion will be working on SQ11. :)

wr_schwab Oct 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Interm F Lounge at TBIT

I checked in today for SQ 11, and was given a invitation to the interim first class lounge at TBIT. The new interim first class lounge at LAX, is interesting, and I can’t help feel under whelmed. The biggest issue with this lounge is that it is before security. For SQ11’s 2:45pm departure, I was told when I inquired at the lounge to leave no later then 1:50pm. This was to allow for sufficient time to pass through security and reach the gate.

The good news is you have an excellent view of the tarmac. As I write this I’m watching a Northwest 747 taxi pass an Air Pacific 747. The windows wrap around the entire lounge and the planes pass by really close. The downside is there is a lot of engine noise as the planes go pass. It seems like the plane movements is coordinated so it comes in spurts.

The seats are comfortable but it seems like they crammed a lot of them in here. I’m going to make a guess that there are approximately 200 seats in here. Against the windows they are in clusters of four. There is a center area of seeing with about 12 in a cluster. Then they have a number of seats by the wall. There is another seating area that I can’t see from where I’m sitting that is near the Internet PC. They have 3 computers setup to access the Internet. There is a wireless signal but it is $7.95 per day to access it. Since I’m only going to have about an hour in the lounge I don’t think it’s worth it.

The food offerings, well they are better then the domestic USAir Clubs that I’m used to, but I’ve seen better food offerings at the HKG RCC or the SIN SATS club in T1. There are two upright refrigerators. One contains non-alcoholic drinks, the other has the beer and what looks like some sandwiches. They sit between the rest of the food. There were packages of Milano cookies, individually wrapped cheese rounds (mini Babybel). It looks like there was some fresh fruit, sushi, and fresh cookies, but it’s been pretty well picked through by the time I got here. Above the food there is a limited self serve selection of spirits, but I don’t see anything that looks like wine.

As I’m getting ready to leave to go through security they brought out some more food, but it looks like it is just refills of what is already here.

Overall, it is serviceable. I’d rate it slightly better then a USAir or RCC domestic club, primarily because there is a little more selection of food.

lucky9876coins Oct 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanks for the report, wr_schwab! ^ ^ ^