FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   What's hott on my SQ flights in Raffles Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/550948-whats-hott-my-sq-flights-raffles-class.html)

Keith009 Apr 23, 2006 9:11 am

What's hott on my SQ flights in Raffles Class

My first time in Raffles Class was nothing short of awesome. But instead of writing a trip report as it's been rather overwhelming, i'll just jot down random things that was totally hott about the flights:

- The cabin service in general. The enchanting Singapore Girls, whatever one's inclination are - lovely as always! Getting served by Girls in red was quite a change from the usual blue uniformed Girls with the occassional Green Girl.

- Dining was like in a fine restaurant instead of on a plane. Had a great lamb loin dish on MEL-SIN SQ228. The pea puree that accompanied the lamb was so delicious. The stewardess noticed that I was enjoying it and offerred to scrap together a bowl of the puree from the extra lamb loin dishes. Now that's what I call service! ^ I needed extra room for the cheese and ice cream so regretfully declined her very nice gesture.

- Getting hit on by one of the Girls. No further details will be supplied to protect the identity of the stewardess. ;) Pity it wasn't a Singapore Boy. :(

- Being in the SKL at SIN instead of the SATS Lounge, ahh finally! Oh and meeting the awesome jjpb3. Unfortunately our flight times weren't more similar.

- Getting tanked on continuous top ups of my wine glass. Hott.

- Sitting next to a gentleman on SQ227 who sounded very FTish, and admits that he lurks on both frequentflyer.com.au and FT. Kinda explained why he wasn't sitting with his colleague- he was in 17H and she was somewhere in row 11 :D (Apologies if you're reading this). Had a good FTish convo with someone who understands my obsession with FF miles and a fellow SQ fan. Oh and as a sidenote the dude in 17A must be some bigshot - 17C was empty!

- The spacebeds were totally comfy. Not flat like the Club World beds but I sleep on my sides so no sliding effect for me. Plus the spacebeds seem softer and wider, more luxurious somewhat. Hott.

- Ascending the magical staircases on both SQ228 and 227....ahhhh

- Having a seat next to me empty on SQ861. I observed that the regular rows on the regional configurated 772s have more leg room than the bulkhead row 11. Being in the middle row is hott when flying alone as theres always a chance that the loads will warrant an empty seat beside 2 pax in the middle row = more personal space! But of course this depends on whether you're feeling chatty on ur flights or not - wasn't feeling that way when I OLCIed for SQ861, hence the switch from 11A.

I didn't feel like getting off the flights when they landed - time passes too quickly! Oh dear - how will I ever be able to go back to WHY class or even fly on other airlines? :eek: :D

mario33 Apr 23, 2006 9:22 am

Originally Posted by QF009
The enchanting Singapore Girls, whatever one's inclination are - lovely as always! Getting served by Girls in red was quite a change from the usual blue uniformed Girls with the occassional Green Girl.

I prefer the girls in blue ;)

shortfinals Apr 23, 2006 9:39 am

Oh and as a sidenote the dude in 17A must be some bigshot - 17C was empty!

Actually, i've been on Many many flights where 17C was empty,) and I'm certainly no bigshot, and if i was, I'd be in 4F instead wouldn't i? ;)) even when loads are heavy-ish. If it's light, most people prefer to move where they've got their own pair of seats.

Not everyone's a flyertalker, and not everyone's a row 17 fan :)

uhoo Apr 23, 2006 9:42 am

Ah yes. . . We were on the same flight, SQ 228. I was in 17A. Were you in 17K, you were asking the steward about the A380 right?

Keith009 Apr 23, 2006 9:49 am

Originally Posted by shortfinals
Not everyone's a flyertalker, and not everyone's a row 17 fan :)

Thank god. We don't want more competition for FF perks or row 17 seats do we? ;) Or row 22. Yeah yeah I know personal preferences do apply.

I was just alluding to the fact only FTish-types (including savvy frequent travellers who may not be FTers) will know the good and/or popular seats to look out for and fight tooth and nail for them.

Originally Posted by uhoo
Ah yes. . . We were on the same flight, SQ 228. I was in 17A. Were you in 17K, you were asking the steward about the A380 right?

That's me. :)
Remember him saying something about the Aussie government denying SQ the right to fly the A380 down to MEL. :eek:

jjpb3 Apr 23, 2006 3:24 pm

Good to catch up with you too, QF009.

Wow, I get mentioned as part of the Raffles offering. I'm honored. :) I can be BTC'd through a complimentary Raffles award ticket too. Oh never mind, that sounded inappropriate. :eek: shortfinals, that was a joke -- don't nibble on that one. :p

Scott218 Apr 23, 2006 4:14 pm

Sounded like you had a great time. I am looking forward to flying the same route in December.

shortfinals Apr 23, 2006 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by jjpb3

Wow, I get mentioned as part of the Raffles offering. I'm honored. :) I can be BTC'd through a complimentary Raffles award ticket too.

I thought you were only available in F :D

shortfinals, that was a joke -- don't nibble on that one. :p

I wasn't ;)

Keith009 Apr 23, 2006 8:15 pm

Wow, I get mentioned as part of the Raffles offering. I'm honored. :) I can be BTC'd through a complimentary Raffles award ticket too. Oh never mind, that sounded inappropriate. :eek: shortfinals, that was a joke -- don't nibble on that one. :p

LOL, hmmm. ;)

trekkie Apr 23, 2006 10:18 pm

- The spacebeds were totally comfy. Not flat like the Club World beds but I sleep on my sides so no sliding effect for me. Plus the spacebeds seem softer and wider, more luxurious somewhat. Hott.

im glad you enjoyed your flight and yes the spacebeds are comfy as the seat covering for some reason feels better to me.... and when you are awake when the whole cabin is asleep, they sometimes come by and talk or ask about you.... did that happen to you as well??

SuperFlyBoy Apr 24, 2006 12:28 am

Originally Posted by mario33
I prefer the girls in blue ;)

Same here! :D (especially the young ones... :p )

(that's why Y class is the place to be....if you want to be hit on also! ;) However, when the crew saw that a new "friend" was on the same return flight (I check in when the crew usually get to the flight), they possibly put her in Raffles! BIG disappointment)

Keith009 Apr 24, 2006 1:04 am

Originally Posted by trekkie
im glad you enjoyed your flight and yes the spacebeds are comfy as the seat covering for some reason feels better to me.... and when you are awake when the whole cabin is asleep, they sometimes come by and talk or ask about you.... did that happen to you as well??

On the outbound hardly anyone was asleep as both flights weren't sleeping time flights. On the inbound, I was out like a log after dinner as I boarded my flights hungover to start with. They say the best way to cure a hangover is to get drunk again so that's what I spent my time in the SKLs and SQ861 doing...

I missed continental brekkies on 227 as I asked not to be disturbed, but got some coffee and pastries when I woke up as "there's still time." ^

demue Apr 25, 2006 7:56 am

Stupid buggy broadband. Sorry. :o

demue Apr 25, 2006 7:57 am

Glad you enjoyed your flights. Can be quite addictive ehh. I'm seriously missing the experience and am currently riding it out in Y between SIN and HKG - if I'm lucky on SQ and if not on UA :(. But then I was staying at the Kowloon Hotel for a few weeks so that helped - right Savage25 ;)

Savage25 Apr 25, 2006 8:00 am

Originally Posted by demue
Glad you enjoyed your flights. Can be quite addictive ehh. I'm seriously missing the experience riding it out in Y between SIN and HKG - if I'm lucky on SQ and if not on UA :(. Bu the I was satying at the Kowloon Hotel for a few weeks so that helped - right Savage25 ;)

I'm sure it did ;) :D

For a moment there, I read it as "sataying" at the Kowloon Hotel :o