Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skl Lounge Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:16 pm

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Interesting. I was told when traveling Y on SQ22 that I could not use the Raffles lounge as a VS Gold but the Virgin website says I can. Interesting too that the cities mentioned do not include Singapore but where else is there a Premier lounge?

From the VS.com Gold features section
* Flying Club Gold members travelling on Singapore Airlines in Economy class, can use the Singapore Airlines Raffles (Business) Class check in counters and relax in either their Premier Lounge or the Raffles Class area of Silver Kris Lounges around the world.*

Conditions may apply

* Available in Amsterdam, Brisbane, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Osaka, London Heathrow, Melbourne, Manila, Penang, Perth, San Francisco, Sydney, Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
Interesting. I was told when traveling Y on SQ22 that I could not use the Raffles lounge as a VS Gold but the Virgin website says I can. Interesting too that the cities mentioned do not include Singapore but where else is there a Premier lounge?

From the VS.com Gold features section
If I'm reading that quote from the website correctly, the cities listed are the ones where you can use the Raffles SKL. Elsewhere (i.e., SIN), you can use the Premier lounge, but not the SKL.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by MovieMan
If I'm reading that quote from the website correctly, the cities listed are the ones where you can use the Raffles SKL. Elsewhere (i.e., SIN), you can use the Premier lounge, but not the SKL.
That's how i read it too.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:31 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Slightly off-topic:

What is the guest policy at the SKL? Can a Raffles Class passenger bring a guest into the lounge who is travelling in Y? What if the guest is on a different flight from the host? (In my particular example, the host is travelling SQ C while the guest is a UA 1K travelling on UA in Y).

Also, it is my understanding that arriving (i.e. non-transiting) passengers do not have access to ANY lounges in SIN. Is this correct? If so, what can a passenger do if he arrives at SIN at 10:30p and must stay at the airport for an hour and a half?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:41 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
Also, it is my understanding that arriving (i.e. non-transiting) passengers do not have access to ANY lounges in SIN. Is this correct? If so, what can a passenger do if he arrives at SIN at 10:30p and must stay at the airport for an hour and a half?
You're right. No access to any arrivals lounge. I gotta ask though...why would you wait in the airport for an hour and a half? If you're planning on meeting up with someone else arriving from a different flight (I'm assuming that you're not transiting), why don't you go into the city. At that time it should only take you about 15 minutes to get into the city. Get some wonderful food, hang out for an hour, then come back. SIN is a breeze when it comes to convenience.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:44 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
Slightly off-topic:

What is the guest policy at the SKL? Can a Raffles Class passenger bring a guest into the lounge who is travelling in Y? What if the guest is on a different flight from the host? (In my particular example, the host is travelling SQ C while the guest is a UA 1K travelling on UA in Y).

Only PPS members and F pax can bring in a guest. A straight J pax has no guest priviledges.

Correct, no arrival access to the lounge. You can very easily occupy yourself in Changi. There are many free internet kiosks, huge plasma screen tvs for sports and news with comfy chairs to sit in, movie theatre with free entry, cafes and restaurants, as well as back massage services.

Changi Airport's website has the details (and suggested activity lists based on your duration of transit!)

http://www.changi.airport.com.sg/cha...=1141206091159
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by fimo
Only PPS members and F pax can bring in a guest. A straight J pax has no guest priviledges.

Correct, no arrival access to the lounge. You can very easily occupy yourself in Changi. There are many free internet kiosks, huge plasma screen tvs for sports and news with comfy chairs to sit in, movie theatre with free entry, cafes and restaurants, as well as back massage services.

Changi Airport's website has the details (and suggested activity lists based on your duration of transit!)

http://www.changi.airport.com.sg/cha...=1141206091159
Also free ethernet internet connections if you have your laptop with you. Agree it's hard to get bored in Changi.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:04 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by Colin
Departing C/F boarding pass on any *Alliance airline = Silver Kris Lounge Access in Changi.
Happy to read that ^

Just one further question. I will qualify for PPS when arriving in Changi mid April. My home adresse currently is in MUC so definately no way to have the card with me and gain access to the SKL for my additional short-haul flights in SQ Y in april. Would be great if the lounge wardes accept any other proof. Do they accept a recent statement showing enough PPS Sectors ?

Thanks !
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Starbucks
Just one further question. I will qualify for PPS when arriving in Changi mid April. My home adresse currently is in MUC so definately no way to have the card with me and gain access to the SKL for my additional short-haul flights in SQ Y in april. Would be great if the lounge wardes accept any other proof. Do they accept a recent statement showing enough PPS Sectors ?

Thanks !
You can take the printed statement with you just to make sure, but once you're QPP your boarding passes will show this as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.