Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-MNL Turnaround Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
SIN-MNL Turnaround Advice

I am going to SIN for a wedding in March as I have realised I am within spitting distance of Krisflyer Gold makes sense to make a quick trip somewhere to achieve it. When I priced it before it only seemed to add a 100AUD or so to the price.

Now I cant bring it up at all on on a Multi Trip on the SQ website, it keeps saying for a same day trip I need to specify times, which I do to no avail?

Also when it did work before it would only let me return on SQ75, I want to go back on SQ73, would reservations be able to do this?
Old Feb 1, 2006, 11:56 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Try again, else phone or use another site like www.zuji.com.sg (or www.zuji.com.au if you're booking as a single ticket).

Since the website "improvements" booking turnarounds on SQ website has been spotty - sometimes it will let you and sometimes not.

Zuji seems to let you book turnarounds at all times/destinations (subject to availability of course) but usually has a booking fee for SQ. There may be other local singapore sites that are cheaper.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks mate, may be my sleepy eyes but I cant see how do a multi trip itin on Zuji?
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

You cant. You can have transits under 24 hours by carefully choosing departure times. In this case you are probably better off with another site or a TA.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

OK all booked up now, does anyone have any experience of MNL to offer..

I am leaving on SQ72 arriving at 13:10 and am catching SQ73 back at 14:15, they look like they are the same aircraft.

I have presumed that I can get both BP's issued in SIN, please let me know if this is not the case...

Can someon confirm that I once I deplane I will be able to just proceed to the right gate to leave again? I am worried now it could be an airport where you are forced into leaving or some such..

Also do I (and if so how) need to pay the departure tax?
Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by simong

I am leaving on SQ72 arriving at 13:10 and am catching SQ73 back at 14:15, they look like they are the same aircraft.

I have presumed that I can get both BP's issued in SIN, please let me know if this is not the case...

Can someon confirm that I once I deplane I will be able to just proceed to the right gate to leave again? I am worried now it could be an airport where you are forced into leaving or some such..

If you have checked bags I would deal with this ahead of time. I seem to remember a thread here on the SQ board about arranging a turnaround in BKK with SQ's people in SIN....something about holding the bags?
Have fun!
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kyushuman
If you have checked bags I would deal with this ahead of time. I seem to remember a thread here on the SQ board about arranging a turnaround in BKK with SQ's people in SIN....something about holding the bags?
Have fun!
Oh no bags, purely a day trip
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

OK just bumping this in the case someone sees this who knows MNL Airport? Cheers!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC MM
I just got back from Manila. As you deplane the airplane it will take you straight to the arrivals area, if I remember correctly just before getting to immigration there are transit counters for international flights.
I am quite sure that you can go through security right there and go back upstairs back to the intl. departure area without going through immigration and leaving the secure area.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Please let us know how it goes simong - it may be of use to someone else.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

I sure will Kiwi Flyer, I feel a lot more confident after what yvrcnx had to say but there is still a bit of the unknown about it!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC MM
Check out also this website; http://filipinawives.com/NinoyAquinoAirport.htm
This was the only website I found through GOOGLE that has any useful information of the airport.
It doesn't make it 100% clear but it seems like it is what I have mentioned in my earlier post. There are transfer desks before immigration and I am now quite certain no need to go through immigration.
Have a save trip.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Feb 13, 2006 at 3:30 pm
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
I can support this. I have been to MNL last summer and the LH-crew onboard made an announcement that international connecting passengers do not have to pass immigration. As my trip ended in MNL I havn't really cared about this.

Maybe you can call Air Philippines for beeing 100% sure!

Anyway, one hour should be enough in MNL. There are some security and passport controls, but my friend from MNL told me that you can pass them relatively fast (as I did on my one-time experience). Only exception is immigration, look out for older immigration officers in order to avoid them!!! Another thing: As fas as I can remember you have to pay the "airport fee" in pesos...

Enjoy your time in the Philippines
Old Feb 13, 2006, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys, I couldnt find anything of much help on google... My concern about having to go out and back in apart from time is the security situation in the Phillipines. They seem to be on a high alert and just worry that they may see me as suspicous!

Do we think I will need to pay the departure tax at the transit desk?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bau31888
Another thing: As fas as I can remember you have to pay the "airport fee" in pesos...
You may also pay in US dollars, but the exchange rate is quite unfavorable.
My concern about having to go out and back in apart from time is the security situation in the Phillipines. They seem to be on a high alert and just worry that they may see me as suspicous!
The security issues primarily concern events that happen outside the airport. Because the insurgents are unlikely to be flying in from SIN , you'll be fine.
Originally Posted by bau31888
Enjoy your time in the Philippines
Seconded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.