SQ doesn't love me anymore?

Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by hserus
DO NOT login to the SQ site with your KF number before you checkin online, if you want the miles credited to another program. Even if you specify your miles and more card, it'll somehow credit your miles to your KF card.
This would certainly fit with my one attempt to double-dip (this past January). I waffled about FFPs; had the agent at the SKL change the FFPs (she even showed me her screen, which showed my other FFP had been entered); and then when I checked my KF account in flight, the miles were already sitting there. Sad thing is, I decided not to have her re-print my BP because I saw what appeared on her screen, so now I have no proof. Oh well, at least those miles aren't orphaned.

I'll place this discussion in the FAQ some time over the weekend. I found it very useful. ^
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

isn't it easier if SQ stops double dipping all together since people are having so much trouble with it (at times)
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SQ please dont do that, at least not without improving mileage earning on Kris Flyer.

There is a huge difference in miles able to be earned elsewhere vs KF, particularly in some circumstances.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by fumitani
isn't it easier if SQ stops double dipping all together since people are having so much trouble with it (at times)
It seems to work most of the time, though.

As Kiwi Flyer points out, double-dipping increases the appeal of the PPS Club, while providing SQ with rich data on its most profitable customers, data that SQ can then use to track company performance in this segment. Double-dipping (when it works) also allows SQ to avoid two things: (1) the mileage liability on their balance sheet from the accumulation of award miles (PPS members would accumulate award miles most quickly because of their travel patterns); (2) the cost of customer dissatisfaction with KF's earn-burn ratio (the dissatisfaction would probably be highest among PPS members, because they would probably be more aware than the average KF member of the opportunity cost of using KF as their FFP).
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by jjpb3
(2) the cost of customer dissatisfaction with KF's earn-burn ratio (the dissatisfaction would probably be highest among PPS members, because they would probably be more aware than the average KF member of the opportunity cost of using KF as their FFP).
I dont think that's necessarily the case, although it should be amongst FTers.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I dont think that's necessarily the case, although it should be amongst FTers.
Yeah, pure speculation on my part , thus my use of the word "probably". I keep forgetting FTers aren't representative of the flying public.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Its amazing how many people go with the FFP of their "home" airline by default because that is all they are aware of.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Its amazing how many people go with the FFP of their "home" airline by default because that is all they are aware of.
i think some choose their home because of convinent routes they need

at least my parents won't budge from JL because SQ or TG presence is terrible for the routes they fly....from kix
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:46 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
DO NOT login to the SQ site with your KF number before you checkin online, if you want the miles credited to another program. Even if you specify your miles and more card, it'll somehow credit your miles to your KF card.
I always log into the SQ site with my KF number to OLCI and my miles have always gone correctly into M&M.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:08 am

I doubt it will. It's rather astute marketing on their part, as all it does is encourage flights in the front cabins.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:56 am

i think some choose their home because of convinent routes they need

at least my parents won't budge from JL because SQ or TG presence is terrible for the routes they fly....from kix
I think Kiwi Flyer had in mind the situation where you could earn miles on a partner FFP, and yet you default to the 'home' airline's FFP because you aren't aware of how the partner FFPs actually fit your travel pattern more.

In your example, your parents would belong to this group if they put miles in JL's program even if another one (hypothetical example: AA's, once JL joins OneWorld) would actually allow them to earn and redeem on more favorable terms.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 2:34 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN

It's certainly not my experience to date, and I fly at least 24 segments a year involving a credit to LH M&M.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 2:38 am

Thanks, Savage25 and fimo, for providing more data. I'll make sure the entry in the FAQ reflects your experiences as well.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:12 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
After ungrounded, found a reality that SQ doesn't love me anymore.
First, doing 48 hours internet check-in for SQ67, and kaboom.... it's 2-2-2 config with three rows only. No SkySuite for me.
Second, no Connexion on my SQ11.
Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: sq solitaire;LH-Sen
Originally Posted by CGK
After ungrounded, found a reality that SQ doesn't love me anymore.
First, doing 48 hours internet check-in for SQ67, and kaboom.... it's 2-2-2 config with three rows only. No SkySuite for me.
Second, no Connexion on my SQ11.
Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Hi,
some changes with SQ 67?-see my threat on missing segment on bookings ex BKK? .
When I booked it I thought its a megatop service like in the past.
when i booked I selected 2 A but now my whole segment is lost in the system.

cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.