Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ doesn't love me anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by fisherman
Ay, I don't know where in the world I got the idea that SQ1/2 had the information superhighway enablementijigger. Neither the boeing site nor SQ's own site says it does. Wishful thinking I guess.
Only way is an aircraft substitution... I wish they hurry up and configure it soon...
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by ws8n
Only way is an aircraft substitution... I wish they hurry up and configure it soon...
Kinda reminds me of the time in 2002/3 or so when we all wondered whether our 747 flights would have spacebeds or not.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 6:26 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by CGK
...What should I do? Be a PITA or just CRY?
Now, now CGK... Just be glad they didn't downgrade your seat to business class ... Listen, you can have your cake and eat it most of the time, but not all the time ...
Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by shortfinals
If at the end of the day, you feel that SQ doesn't love you anymore, know this:

We love ya!
Yeah, what he said!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:13 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Update

Update on this matter, here are the explanations.

- SQ at LAX acknowledged that I was checked-in for seat 3F.
- There were three upgradeable who were checked-in and upgraded upon gate closure. So they were not Life Solitaires as I first thought.
- I had assigned seat 3F for LAX-NRT as my preferred seat, and only got 3A for NRT-SIN because the flight was so full when I made the booking. The departure manager thought that it would be convenient for me to keep my seat all the way to SIN. But in my opinion, her errors were to think 3A and 3F would be the same for me; to decide herself I would be better off in 3A; and the important thing is, to forget that I had been on board, and she did not bother to speak to me directly. Everything would be easier to explain and to negotiate, if she, as the DM, talked to me directly. I could easily accept the idea of seat change, and I could ask for 3F to keep instead 3A, and more over, i could explain to her why I would prefer to seat on 3F for my westbound. Well, again, perhaps the DM would rather please the pax in 2A who seemed to be an SQ LAX VIP pax, and did not make her time to consult with me in regards to the seat change.

Anyway, I let the matter drops, but certainly I was so surprise that the DM did not offer any apology through my SQ contact.

Hmm after all of these postings, may be now you all think I am the real PITA after all.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:23 am

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe its just me but it doesn't sound very sincere
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
As long as still in F I could care less...
How much less could you care? Only a little less? A lot less?

Personally, I couldn't care less.

[Pet peeve. Sorry.]
Old Dec 23, 2005, 2:28 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by CGK
Hmm after all of these postings, may be now you all think I am the real PITA after all.
Yep.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 9:26 am
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Yep.
I wish I could act like one.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:33 pm
CGK
Original Poster

SQ doesn't love me anymore... again

Okay, here is my PITA story.
Check-in at LAX about 11:50am for the flight at 13:05. From my experience through LAX, that's a plenty of time for someone who is not interested in spending long time at TBIT.
In fact I arrived at 11:30 but had to buy medicines first. Paffy returning the car. The agent told me right away that there is no way Paffy can make the flight. I said to her that I had told SQ YVR to put a notation for check-in late. Well anyway, she was convinced that we could not make it to the flight.
While my one check-in bag being screen, I called SQ YVR and explaining the situation. She said I should have plenty of time especially we are in premium cabin. Finished with my screened bag, I went back to the check-in counter. I kept calling Paffy on his cell. And, wow, the agent did not sya anything to me that Paffy had been to the counter and now had his bags screened. Anyway, as usual, after I asked Ms. M to call LAX station, then the agent was saying she did not mean that we would not make the flight. Anyway, it happened already. But of course Paffy had not known anything that had happened.
Two supervisors came to apologize to me. One remembered from my inaugural flights turn-around. And the other one told me about the case study as a result of my explanation from the several posts above.
It's just pretty annoying when there is a hassle in the trip. But the rests are great. Even the lounge agent was telling me we should not worry about running to the plane. Yes, Paffy went lounge hopping.
Warning: I did interenet check-in and put in my LH M&M as for miles, the BP showed SQ*G. Ouch. Luckily I noticed it at the lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Reminds me about the theory I had from this past weekend. OLCI seems to ignore your selection and revert to Kris Flyer for miles.

At least it did it each time I OLCI'ed.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:47 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Reminds me about the theory I had from this past weekend. OLCI seems to ignore your selection and revert to Kris Flyer for miles.

At least it did it each time I OLCI'ed.
Paffy did not do OLCI. His SQ2 was correctly posted to LH M&M. But his BP today showed SQ. So, the system forced SQ credit.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Hmmm...perhaps we should put this in a sticky somewhere.... I'll be staying away from OLCI, that's for sure...

Hope the inflight service makes up for the lapse on the ground...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:18 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
That's really weird, because I have not yet had a problem crediting miles to LH M&M with OLCI. In fact ever since they allowed that option I've NOT had to any errors, which was my beef previously and has made me love OLCI ever since!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by fimo
That's really weird, because I have not yet had a problem crediting miles to LH M&M with OLCI. In fact ever since they allowed that option I've NOT had to any errors, which was my beef previously and has made me love OLCI ever since!
DO NOT login to the SQ site with your KF number before you checkin online, if you want the miles credited to another program. Even if you specify your miles and more card, it'll somehow credit your miles to your KF card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.