Search

REtroactive Mileage Claim

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
REtroactive Mileage Claim

Hi,

Came back from my RTW and checked my SIA balance to find only one flight had been credited.

Its been over 3 months for many of the flights and they are missing.

Looks like my number was only entered on the one flight

Now i've got 14 boarding passes (plus 2 missing) that i need to credit.

I wanted to know if there is any other way to do this other than the fax?

I have to do this for 4 passengers, and was hopeing i could do it over the phone with someone.

I'm Silver if that helps :-P

- Dave
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:19 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I think it is best to do it via fax/email. Doing this over the phone is just asking for more grief. At least with fax/email you have documentation that a request has been made and KF can do the necessary follow-up downstream. At least you don't have to send in original boarding passes like with some airlines.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:25 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by davem4
I wanted to know if there is any other way to do this other than the fax?

I have to do this for 4 passengers, and was hopeing i could do it over the phone with someone.

I'm Silver if that helps :-P

- Dave
The airline is strict about retroactive claims. When I talked to the CSO regarding the missing mileage from an Air NZ Link flight, I was told that I had to actually mail the form and passes in. I noticed thereafter that there was a fax number on the form, but I still went for snail mail anyway. The missing miles were credited in about 10 days.

The strange part is, 2 weeks after the dust had settled, I got a snail mail from SQ. "Dear Mr Loony, We understand you have submitted a retroactive mileage claim. Please be advised that we are processing your claim..."

Loony
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:33 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
I haven't done it on the new website, but the online missing mileage claim feature from the old website worked wonders in my experience. Request logged and mileage credited way faster than when submitted via fax.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:35 am

If all your flights were on SQ or *A Airlines and you want the miles to go to Krisflyer, just do it online. They've got a great feature on the retroactive mileage claim form that lets you make multiple claims on the same form, so you just have to submit once. Did this yesterday and the miles were credited before the day was done. OTOH, I called to ask if Krisflyer could credit the miles to M&M with PPS sectors going to Krisflyer, as they did for another flight and was told that I had to call Lufthansa about that.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:14 am
Original Poster

with email do you need to send in scans of the BP's?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:27 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
What we meant was not doing it by email, but by logging into your Krisflyer account online and submitting the request through a specific feature "Missing Mileage Enquiry" (not by submitting feedback). Hope this helps.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:41 am

Yep. Log in first (separately for each of your 4 persons) then go to this url
https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...ageRequest.jsp
More information on that page.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by StarG
I haven't done it on the new website, but the online missing mileage claim feature from the old website worked wonders in my experience. Request logged and mileage credited way faster than when submitted via fax.
I would highly agree with this though I have to admit my experience isn't the strongest backing.

Put SQ flights early in Oct on UA MP. Once I got back, finally got around to faxing the form+boarding passes to SQ for PPS credits.

Almost 3 weeks nothing.

Went to website and went through their online system to get my miles.

About ... 2, 3 or 4 days I saw my PPS credits. But I can't tell if they finally processed my fax or what.

Of course, just this week I received a letter from KF saying that they're processing my credit request. The next day I received another letter stating that the miles have been credited.

Old Dec 1, 2005, 3:48 am
Original Poster

only 3 flights were on SQ plus one of them posted so only 2 for the SQ site.

The rest were on non SQ flight numbers. Which doesnt look like its supported
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I just submitted one on the website. It was for a J flight which I took before becoming a KF member. I creditted the miles to UA, but just want the PPS sectors in my KF account. Does anyone think this will happen when using the website?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 3:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think you'll need to ring SQ - no need to send in BPs and ticket.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
OK, thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Wow! I am impressed!

I just went to krisflyer.com to check to see if it had posted before calling, and the sector was there! ^ ^ ^ Absolutely amazing! It posted in less than 24 hours after making the online request.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:21 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by qasr
Wow! I am impressed!

I just went to krisflyer.com to check to see if it had posted before calling, and the sector was there! ^ ^ ^ Absolutely amazing! It posted in less than 24 hours after making the online request.
Good to hear from a satisfied premium pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.