Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Old May 13, 2019, 9:41 am

Just got back from our trip and our BTC options were all selected and onboard for our flights.

The Lobster Thermidor from SIN-SYD was a bit of a let down as well. I agree with the other comments about ordering something else. The flight was at 12:45AM and I wasn't too disappointed considering it was so late and I wasn't that hungry.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by mbush1721
Just got back from our trip and our BTC options were all selected and onboard for our flights.

The Lobster Thermidor from SIN-SYD was a bit of a let down as well. I agree with the other comments about ordering something else. The flight was at 12:45AM and I wasn't too disappointed considering it was so late and I wasn't that hungry.
I think the idea of eating lobster on a plane is going to be more exciting than actually eating it. Anybody who likes lobster has surely had better lobster somewhere else. Anybody who has never had lobster should really consider a different venue for their first try....IMO.

TD
Old May 13, 2019, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I think the idea of eating lobster on a plane is going to be more exciting than actually eating it. Anybody who likes lobster has surely had better lobster somewhere else. Anybody who has never had lobster should really consider a different venue for their first try....IMO.

TD
I've had plenty of excellent lobster on planes, just not on SQ and agree completely on BTC Lobster Thermidor. I've had both cold lobster and warm presentations that come to mind as being very good, just not on SQ, so maybe the airline and not the meal component.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:29 pm

I just noticed the Japanese Meal BTC write up during meal selection.

Japanese Meal

Available in Suites and First Class, on flights from Singapore and other selected routes with flight duration above 2 hours. Breakfast/brunch may include an assortment of Japanese appetisers and Japanese entrée with rice, soup and pickles whilst lunch/dinner may further include soba with accompaniments and a Japanese dessert.

Compared with the usual Kyo Kaiseki

Kyo Kaiseki

Traditional Japanese array of dishes presented in sequence, with ingredients and garnishes reflecting and changing with each season. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata. Some items are served at cabin temperature

What's the difference??
Old May 17, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Slightly bit OT... When I fly business I always like to eat garlic bread cos it always seems to taste better in air then on the ground. Except real dry ones,
Not sure flying makes them taste better?
chrisny2 likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Wongo
Garlic bread... Not sure flying makes them taste better?
I reckon texture helps: a lot of airline meals lack anything crunchy/crispy.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: NZ Silver

Apologies for the average photos....Flight was a lunch flight SQ248 WLG-MEL - fiancée ordered the Grilled beef in green peppercorn sauce, with potato gratin and vegetables via BTC.

I ordered the braised lamb neck with pickled carrot and Korean chilli oil, with cumin roasted carrots and puffed quinoa. Both mains were excellent.

Here is the starter...I had already eaten half the salmon, it was a very generous portion. Was smoked salmon and asparagus salad.
Wongo and MelbournePaul like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox
Apologies for the average photos....Flight was a lunch flight SQ248 WLG-MEL - fiancée ordered the Grilled beef in green peppercorn sauce, with potato gratin and vegetables via BTC.
Thanks for the photo, I'll be on this flight next month and looking for BTC meal photos.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by Wongo
Thanks for the photo, I'll be on this flight next month and looking for BTC meal photos.
Yea I couldn't find much, hence why I have posted them. Service was very, very good. Way better than anything I have received on Air NZ J.
Wongo and ottiehund like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by brenrox
Yea I couldn't find much, hence why I have posted them. Service was very, very good. Way better than anything I have received on Air NZ J.
You got the be serious, my memory of Air NZ business class isn't too bad but that was in the around mid 2000s. Flew AKL-HKG and left me with good memories.
Now days I fly CX intra asia for holiday in J and not too great memory. Thought JAL and TG service was better then CX. I only get 1 shot at SQ J so I hope it gives me good memory of them.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: QF Silver
These are a bit old (July last year).

The ribs (from Zurich) were really good - incredibly tender and tasty. The lamb (from Singapore) was only OK. The spices were very raw tasting, but the accompaniments were excellent.

Braised Wu Xi Pork Ribs Moist Pork Ribs marinated and braised in Wu Xi sauce, served with jasmine rice and Chinese vegetables

Indian Style Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Fruit Yoghurt Salsa and Mint Chutney This elegant dish of tender lamb combined with the invigorating flavours of yogurt salsa, mint chutney and lemon is rich in vitamin B12. This meal fulfils the essential nutritional requirements and enchants the palate with its play of unique flavours. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Sanjeev Kapoor

Last edited by Ms_KH; May 26, 2019 at 5:04 pm Reason: Added departure cities
Old May 30, 2019, 9:10 pm

Mom flew last night and i ordered the lobster. Her comment to me was nothing special as the lobster was frozen
30th May SQ297 SIN-CHC

now I wonder what to book to eat on this flight.

Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, HH Diamond

Originally Posted by epigram
I just noticed the Japanese Meal BTC write up during meal selection.

Japanese Meal

Available in Suites and First Class, on flights from Singapore and other selected routes with flight duration above 2 hours. Breakfast/brunch may include an assortment of Japanese appetisers and Japanese entrée with rice, soup and pickles whilst lunch/dinner may further include soba with accompaniments and a Japanese dessert.

Compared with the usual Kyo Kaiseki

Kyo Kaiseki

Traditional Japanese array of dishes presented in sequence, with ingredients and garnishes reflecting and changing with each season. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata. Some items are served at cabin temperature

What's the difference??
have exactly the same question! Did anyone order the Japanese meal? Is it like Kyo Kaiseki?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:19 pm

= deleted =

Last edited by Clipper801; Jun 2, 2019 at 6:18 am Reason: Re-posted
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:39 am

Man, I think I probably change it to something else. Love to take a photo of lobster in business for memory sake. But seems like really need to reconsider my plan... Any suggestions for dinner for SIN-CHC this month... please...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.