Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Silkair has BTC?!? I would go for the spicy items ex SIN if possible - nasi lemak for the win.

If you are in F and craving lobster, do consider the Curry Patta Lobster. The spices just enhances the richness of the meat and get you in the mood for Krug. Lets face it - thermidor can be so bland and passe.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Alawyer
If you are in F and craving lobster, do consider the Curry Patta Lobster. The spices just enhances the richness of the meat and get you in the mood for Krug. Lets face it - thermidor can be so bland and passe.
Had thermidor out of SYD recently, see pictures above, which was not bad and got into the mood for quite a bit of Krug.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
I've a flight JFK-FRA-SIN in late August, when will BTC become available? Doesn't give me the option to select yet. The link is grey when I go to "Manage Booking"
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
having a bit of a problem using this feature for an upcoming flight....i have a reward reservation for 4 passengers under the same pnr....the website lets me select the meals for myself but i keep getting an error message when trying to select the meals for my wife & kids....

it keeps saying that the selection cannot be confirmed & i have to call customer service....has anyone else come across something like this????
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Sometimes the system is just buggy. If your flight isn't coming right up, maybe wait a day or so and try again. Otherwise just call. I had to do that for myself recently when the system selected a meal that I didn't want and wouldn't let me change it.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Bfhause
I've a flight JFK-FRA-SIN in late August, when will BTC become available? Doesn't give me the option to select yet. The link is grey when I go to "Manage Booking"
I'm on the same flight but in July. BTC just opened up so 4 months.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by fimo
Sometimes the system is just buggy. If your flight isn't coming right up, maybe wait a day or so and try again. Otherwise just call. I had to do that for myself recently when the system selected a meal that I didn't want and wouldn't let me change it.
its been this way for about a week now....

my flight isn't for another couple of months so i am in no rush right now....will try again in a few days & if it still doesn't work then i'll call in....
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
its been this way for about a week now....

my flight isn't for another couple of months so i am in no rush right now....will try again in a few days & if it still doesn't work then i'll call in....
Oh if you have time then I'd wait a week... LOL

Actually given that your flight isn't for a few months I suggest just doing this a week or so before your flight so you are selecting from the latest menu.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I have selected meal via book the cook on Oct 18th for this Thursday SQ1 flight. Moment ago just after my online CI, to my surprise that the meal option has changed to inflight meal. What happened and how to get my original meal back:SQ 1 SFO - SINBREAKFAST : Book The Cook - Japanese meal

SUPPER : Book The Cook - Boston lobster thermidor

BREAKFAST : Book The Cook - Chicken and scallop congee
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by tomwhom
I have selected meal via book the cook on Oct 18th for this Thursday SQ1 flight. Moment ago just after my online CI, to my surprise that the meal option has changed to inflight meal. What happened and how to get my original meal back:SQ 1 SFO - SINBREAKFAST : Book The Cook - Japanese meal

SUPPER : Book The Cook - Boston lobster thermidor

BREAKFAST : Book The Cook - Chicken and scallop congee
Just called SQ US number 1-800-742-3333 and confirmed the meal is intact, was told by the nice CSR it happened maybe due to system glitch.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:11 pm

Need some recommendations for the following flights in J. Either BTC or regular menu.

JFK-FRA
FRA-SIN
SIN-FRA
FRA-JFK

From reading the thread, I saw the lobster thermidor and the suckling pig are both recommended.
Thank you for your time!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have a PVG > SIN floght in F comming up and while not a BTC flight had a question about in flight menu.

One option is Shi Quan Shi Mei for the main. This looks like a 3-4 course meal offering with a Shanghai taste to it.

I seem to find a fair amount of information about that offering in business class, but not 1st. Am I ordering a business class meal here, or is there a difference between the J and F Shi Quan Shi Mei offering?

Anyone have the pleasure of enjoying this recently?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh if you have time then I'd wait a week... LOL

Actually given that your flight isn't for a few months I suggest just doing this a week or so before your flight so you are selecting from the latest menu.
& just like that i was able to select the meals today....
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
& just like that i was able to select the meals today....
Yay.... glad that got sorted out. It's really annoying when it doesn't work so I totally feel your pain.
Keyser likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:41 pm

Yay.... glad that got sorted out. It's really annoying when it doesn't work so I totally feel your pain.

I was trying to make selections for the last couple months and it always error'd out. Our flights are in a couple weeks and now everything magically worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.