Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by bsb10
Tried scrolling through every page of this thread to no avail, so apologies if this has been answered in the past (first time in F so total newbie) -- if I do BTC in F out of SIN, can I also order the kyo kaiseki from the in-flight menu? Flight is SQ12 (lunch service), kaiseki sounds amazing but also would love to do BTC. Thanks so much!
Yes - if it is still available, just ask. Have tried this in Suites from SIN-NRT. But it will be a stretch because there is so much food.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Yes - if it is still available, just ask. Have tried this in Suites from SIN-NRT. But it will be a stretch because there is so much food.
That brings me to my own question. 3rd time flying SQ F, this time HKG-SFO. If I BTC out of HKG but really do not like my meal, are staff usually okay with you having two meals. Or in other words your meal from BTC and a meal off the menu?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:24 am

Depending of what left.
They do control how much meal loaded.
have experience with they didn't load egg noodle from delectable, I was the only passenger in F.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:41 am

Sorry duplicated
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:57 am

I’m in the new F with only 4 seats and it looks like there is one other passenger.

Should i even bother BTC? None of these options seem good and the menu for the flight looks good.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Aside from the lobster thermidor, does anyone have any recommendations for flights originating out of HKG?
I don't think the lobster thermidor is available ex HKG. I'm having the butabara shogayaki in July.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
I don't think the lobster thermidor is available ex HKG. I'm having the butabara shogayaki in July.
I thought I saw it as an option but I could be mistaken.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:07 pm

Another data point from last September.
SIN - CDG, only 2 passengers, they only loaded 1 per main course (total 4 main courses). If two of us both liked the same main course, one would be disappointed.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

I thought I saw it as an option but I could be mistaken.
Had it on SQ863 for BTC Dec 2017.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by jjjohn
Another data point from last September.
SIN - CDG, only 2 passengers, they only loaded 1 per main course (total 4 main courses). If two of us both liked the same main course, one would be disappointed.
So I asked this question but never got a response. There’s another passenger on my HKG-SFO flight, and I imagine that’s all it’s gonna be because there’s only one row in the F cabin.

I was wondering how flexible the staff is with meals, and if they’ll accommodate someone who wants two entrees? On EK they’ve never run out of food, and from time to time I’ve asked to have two different entrees. I was wondering what the experience is like on SQ if I tell them I want two different entrees, or if I want to mix and match items? For example just taking the shrimp from a salad, and putting them in a pasta dish?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:21 am

Has requested two desserts before.
It was ok with them.

Recent experience when I was the only passenger, they never offer me another entrees. Am really a low maintenance person, didn't ask for many thing. The only thing I requested them was to set up double bed (they didn't offer automatically) in the new suite. I even refused them to open Dom, settly with Krug all the way. Because I couldn't finish Krug, why waste!

It is really depend on the crew.
I have a super good, or maybe the best inflight experience with SQ, the crew really went double extra miles. I was one of the only 2 passengers in the suite.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:00 pm

anyone have the kyo kaiseki recently? Still worth getting ex-SIN?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by lazard
anyone have the kyo kaiseki recently? Still worth getting ex-SIN?
last month ex SIN

Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:51 am
E55

The meal selection seems to be unavailable online (for my flights). Is this common? It says contact your local SIA office.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by E55
The meal selection seems to be unavailable online (for my flights). Is this common? It says contact your local SIA office.
Not every port offers BTC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.