Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
This probably has been answered somewhere in this thread but how far in advance does BTC become available?
Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
This probably has been answered somewhere in this thread but how far in advance does BTC become available?
Thanks
I have a feeling it depends on the route. My recent flights had some BTC available 90 days out, and others less than 30. But I read somewhere else here that they had 180+ days.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by pkerr
Thanks
As a reference: I have a flight AKL - SIN - FRA on 2 April and BTC is already available, but it says that inflight menu will be available on 21 Feb.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:13 pm

Has anyone had the baked Chilean sea bass ex-JFK? Is it any good?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:07 am

MEL-SIN, B777 in J, first time in anything other than Y

I had the duck, which was very tasty with a sauce on top to keep it moist (and flavour the rice)

Missus had Fried rice with chicken and also loved it.

SIN-CJB (Coimbatore, India) was a Silkair B737. We both ordered Blueberry pancakes but fell asleep on takeoff so missed the meal. I don't think we missed much, which was reportedly 2 pancakes with half a tomato and a chicken sausage. It was the only "dessert" option for what was a late evening flight.

DEL-SIN, A380 in J, didn't have BTC available although the Indian options looked tasty. This was a redeye and we went straight to sleep. If I had the option to just have dessert I would have, but wasn't going to burn an hour or two of sleep for meal service to complete.

SIN-MEL, A380 F suites (old style). I of course had the Classic lobster thermidore. It was nice, but not great. A bit gluggy, a bit tasteless - either due to altitude, or that I had a head cold, or a bit of both. The Krug was good

Missus had Roast lamb rack with mint jus. Lots of garlic on top, and lamb cooked fairly rare. She said it was good except for the rareness, and couldn't finish it. In hindsight I would have preferred the lamb (or a steak) over the lobster.

The rest of the meal was good: a seafood starter that had a zingy dressing, a fantastic chicken and mushroom soup, salad was a bit boring (just lettuce and tomato with a dressing). Desserts were amazing. I had the Kaya toast, she had the mango semifreddo.

If Singapore want to take BTC to the next level, let us swap out salad and soup and let us have two or more desserts
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: KF
Is the BTC Rib Eye Steak ex SIN cooked well done? I never like my steak on medium well or anything than well done. I don't want the red thing on the meat. If it will turn into dry , so be it. But is there a way to make sure thats its well done, or very well done , if there is such thing? Im flying J..
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by wanderer9020
Is the BTC Rib Eye Steak ex SIN cooked well done? I never like my steak on medium well or anything than well done. I don't want the red thing on the meat. If it will turn into dry , so be it. But is there a way to make sure thats its well done, or very well done , if there is such thing? Im flying J..
They will come by before the meal service to confirm that you had ordered a BTC dish. At that point just ask them to heat it in the oven for longer. It's easier to go towards this direction of doneness than the other.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
+1, usually it will be on the medium well side easily. Worst case well done so if that works for you should be fine. Airlines don't want to serve rare or medium rare usually as it can pose higher risk of food borne illnesses.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:30 am

Peranakan Hokkien Mee Soup

Thinking of ordering the peranakan Hokkien mee soup for my kids for upcoming trip. Anyone can share if it is spicy? Much thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:09 pm

Chicken and Prawn Laksa ex. SIN 12/6/18 was very tasty. 1 Cabin Crew said its their second favorite behind Hainanese Chicken Rice
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:28 pm

I'm sure I've said it before, but I love the photos here!
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Indian food out of Singapore has always been good. The chicken Masala, butter chicken, or Chicken Tikka with rice out of SIN has always been good to me.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:59 pm

My wife and I are flying SQ in J for the first time in a few days. We are flying LAX to SIN on the A350-900 and then several other flights SIN to ICN, HKG to SFO over the coming weeks. We have selected several BTC meals, but we are also certainly interested in some items on the normal menus, Is the quality of the BTC food and In Flight Menu generally comparable? Is there any dishes(if available on our given routing) that we really shouldn't miss? Thank you for your advice.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
My wife and I are flying SQ in J for the first time in a few days. We are flying LAX to SIN on the A350-900 and then several other flights SIN to ICN, HKG to SFO over the coming weeks. We have selected several BTC meals, but we are also certainly interested in some items on the normal menus, Is the quality of the BTC food and In Flight Menu generally comparable? Is there any dishes(if available on our given routing) that we really shouldn't miss? Thank you for your advice.
IMO - BTC coming out of LAX is average choice only. Quality vs inflight menu is same.

Out of Singapore, I love the seared nut veal. Sometimes when I feel the quality drops, I give the lobster a try again which is popular but not always the greatest.

If you have the option to get chicken congee out of HKG, this to me is the best meal I’ve had on BTC and the best congee I’ve ever tasted ha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.