Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:39 pm

This will be my first time doing BTC, and I'm just now starting to look into options for our SQ Suites flights HKG-SIN-SYD in August (honeymoon! woohoo!). Oh, my, goodness - there are literally 71 options SIN-SYD. 71!! I pasted the list of options/descriptions into a Google doc for my fiance to look over (lest he get into the reservation himself and mess around with something haha), and it went over seven pages!!

HKG-SIN is a much more reasonable 12 options, with the lobster thermidor available, so I figure I'll go with that for that leg.

And for SIN-SYD... where to start!!!
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:16 am

Anyone do BTC on SQ 31 SFO-SIN? All I am seeing online is a choice for bread and cheese for breakfast
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:53 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Does anyone happen to know which meal service/s are provided in F on the SIN-SYD flight departing at 9.35am? Seems an awkward timing for meals - perhaps too late for a full breakfast but too early to serve lunch right away. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Last edited by augmon; Jun 28, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Have the option of "japanese meal" in F from SFO to HKG.

Japanese meal just says
"Available only to Suites and First Class passengers, this meal is featured on flights from Singapore and other selected routes, with a flight duration of 2 hours or more"

is this the same thing as Kyo Kaiseke?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
I've flown on these flights. They would serve the first meal once you get airborne. The second meal would be served 2-3 hours before landing. Here is a flight review from my 2016 LHR to SIN flight, departure was 0925hrs.

Part 1 https://youtu.be/6Jw6xvIla2M

Part 2 https://youtu.be/j28z5-n1F_A (The meals can be seen here)

In Part 2 of the video above, I slept for about 5 hours after the first meal, woke up, felt hungry and ordered English Tea for snack. You can see this at 2:41 of the video.

On other SIN-LHR or LHR-SIN flights, I have asked for instant noodles. This is one such example - https://youtu.be/4GgH1zM_zqI

Here is a review of 2015 flight, LHR to SIN.
https://youtu.be/UCSs8iQ3jOE

Hope this helps.
Wow, thanks so much for your detailed reply ! I shall check out your videos now
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:05 am

Has anyone tried lobster or steak / beef dishes out of LHR ?
If so, how did you all find the quality ??
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Out of HKG stay away from the salmon
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: krisflyer pps
Originally Posted by desafinado74
i had the lobster out of LHR last year. Was good. Thought it was better than the lobster out of Singapore
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:48 pm

Thanks for the reply ! My initial choice is the lobster. Still toying with changing it to the beef ,,,hhmmm,,,,decisions to make.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Is preselecting the meal the same as Book The Cook? If so I've preselected mine on my A380 flight AKL-SIN in November
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by desafinado74
Yes, the lobster I had out of LHR a few months back was pretty good. I lost faith with the similar dish out of SIN that I refuse to have it anymore now.

Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
flying SIN - MEL - WLG, what would be the best BTC to pre-order?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: United
Both the ham and fish came out super dry for this Book the Cook dish out of SFO... I think catering out of SFO could be improved...

Fish Roll with Ham and Asparagus

Steamed fish roll with ham and asparagus served with baby carrots, Chinese greens, and egg noodles

Last edited by sofaonasock; Jul 19, 2018 at 9:55 am Reason: Updated caption
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:09 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by augmon
Does anyone happen to know which meal service/s are provided in F on the SIN-SYD flight departing at 9.35am? Seems an awkward timing for meals - perhaps too late for a full breakfast but too early to serve lunch right away. Any clarification would be appreciated.
I did this flight a while back. Meal service is lunch IIRC, and there is a small snack later in the flight. I don't remember if there were any brunchy options on the menu but it is definitely the full lunch service including the option of caviar, soup and salad course, full dessert, etc., unlike some of SQ's meal services where they cut off various parts. I don't recall exactly but I think they served the meal fairly shortly after takeoff, though in F especially I'm sure you could ask them to wait a while if you prefer.
augmon likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: United
Got this on SQ 1 out of SFO in December 2017 and it was also lackluster...it came out quite salty and dry...

Braised Beef Ribs Korean style braised beef rib with vegetables and steamed rice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.