Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by jazza1971
Anyone else having problems selecting BTC for different legs?

I'm flying SYD-SIN, SIN-SFO return and it is only letting me select BTC meals on the first leg, with the other legs showing up at SYD-SIN with no flight numbers attached when I try to select them

Have a bit of time up my sleeve as not travelling until Sept
too early to select, try again 2 months before your flight. else ring them up
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by qwerty23
too early to select, try again 2 months before your flight. else ring them up
Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I believe you can BTC starting six months before the flight, though I'm not sure if that's route dependent.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:13 pm

Hi, anyone else notice there is only one btc option for breakfast ex Sydney flights being the multigrain toast? I thought it was an app error but SQ confirmed there is only the one option
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Lees1984
Hi, anyone else notice there is only one btc option for breakfast ex Sydney flights being the multigrain toast? I thought it was an app error but SQ confirmed there is only the one option
FRA also used to only have the multigrain toast for a breakfast BTC option. Starting in December, they added 2 Wholesome salad options, but still limited to just those 3 for breakfast.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
FRA also used to only have the multigrain toast for a breakfast BTC option. Starting in December, they added 2 Wholesome salad options, but still limited to just those 3 for breakfast.
damn! Was really wanting to try the nasi lemak
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Lees1984
Ha, yes similar for LHR-SIN. The only two options are multigrain toast or pad thai ... very strange. Decided not to BTC for breakfast.

On an unrelated note, does anyone happen to have any pics of a recent wine list? I know SQ used to include Sauternes on the wine list but lately it seems like for sweet wine they only have the port? I'm also wondering if there is currently a nice white Burgundy on the wine list, and what the options for reds are (still serving the Cos d'Estournel, Penfolds RWT Shiraz, and the Louis Latour Grand Cru?) Thanks in advance if anyone knows! I like to research the wines in advance so I can figure out pairings ... my stomach can only handle so much sampling on board!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:21 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Ha, yes similar for LHR-SIN. The only two options are multigrain toast or pad thai ... very strange. Decided not to BTC for breakfast.

On an unrelated note, does anyone happen to have any pics of a recent wine list? I know SQ used to include Sauternes on the wine list but lately it seems like for sweet wine they only have the port? I'm also wondering if there is currently a nice white Burgundy on the wine list, and what the options for reds are (still serving the Cos d'Estournel, Penfolds RWT Shiraz, and the Louis Latour Grand Cru?) Thanks in advance if anyone knows! I like to research the wines in advance so I can figure out pairings ... my stomach can only handle so much sampling on board!
Sauternes has been gone from the F menu for a while now.

Wines on offer vary by route. There are some menus in the all airline FT menu collection.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:02 pm

Thanks for the link!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:16 pm

I'll be flying HKG-SFO in F in late April. I'm trying to decide for BTC, but also if I'm really going to want to eat a big dinner at 2AM and then try to sleep. I'd rather sleep first and eat a bigger meal later in the flight.

Do SQ FAs do well with requests to eat the main meal later in the flight? If so, recommendations for BTC choices that will do OK sitting around for a while?

Thanks!
-- Ethan
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by solomita
1. Do SQ FAs do well with requests to eat the main meal later in the flight?
2. If so, recommendations for BTC choices that will do OK sitting around for a while?
1. Yes
2. Does it really matter? As far as I know, meals are loaded cold, refrigerated and reheated only just before mealtime.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by solomita
If so, recommendations for BTC choices that will do OK sitting around for a while?
Just let them know in advance so they don't heat it up until you are ready to eat.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Thanks to all who have posted. Helped me with my ex SIN leg. Gonna see what this lobster thermidor at 38k feet fuss is about.

However, flying J SFO-SIN in a couple months and options ex SFO (understandably) seem less common in this thread.

Brekkie...only option is "multigrain toast" (???)
Dinner...
-braised guinea fowl
-jumbo shrimps
-strip steak and roasted potatoes
-crab cake and potato wedges
-braised beef rib
-steamed fish roll with ham
-chicken rice
-pan fried halibut
-stir fried mussels

Leaning toward shrimps, steak, crab cake, or halibut. But frankly, nothing really popping out at me. Anything stand out to you guys either negative or positive? Might just go with onboard menu.

Refreshment...no options
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:32 pm

So can anyone comment on any of these choices:

Me:
SIN - FRA Supper : Seared nut veal fillet
SIN - FRA Breakfast : Warm waffle with strawberry coulis
FRA - JFK Brunch : 7oz beef fillet with cafe de paris butter potato
FRA - JFK Lunch : Suckling pig with beer sauce

My wife:
SIN - FRA Supper : Wagyu sirloin
SIN - FRA Breakfast : Warm waffle with strawberry coulis
FRA - JFK Brunch : Boston lobster thermidor
FRA - JFK Lunch : Fillet of veal

My problem is I don't like seafood and neither does my wife but she has never had lobster before so she's going to give it a go because it is so talked about. SIN-FRA Supper actually has 2 lobster thermidors, classic and boston. Is there a difference? She wanted to try the Wagyu sirloin so she went with that and Boston lobster thermidor out of FRA.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by shgroamer
Thanks to all who have posted. Helped me with my ex SIN leg. Gonna see what this lobster thermidor at 38k feet fuss is about.

However, flying J SFO-SIN in a couple months and options ex SFO (understandably) seem less common in this thread.

Brekkie...only option is "multigrain toast" (???)
Dinner...
-braised guinea fowl
-jumbo shrimps
-strip steak and roasted potatoes
-crab cake and potato wedges
-braised beef rib
-steamed fish roll with ham
-chicken rice
-pan fried halibut
-stir fried mussels

Leaning toward shrimps, steak, crab cake, or halibut. But frankly, nothing really popping out at me. Anything stand out to you guys either negative or positive? Might just go with onboard menu.

Refreshment...no options
No Lobster thermidor for SFO-SIN ? I just logged in and see the same menu above, a bit disappointed here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.