Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Not sure if anyone has brought this up... previously Breakfast-only options such as Warm Waffle with Strawberry Coulis and Swedish Wholegrain Crisp Bread are now available for other meals. Had actually submitted a feedback about this --- as Sleeper service flights did not allow Breakfast-only options to be booked in the past.
On my upcoming SQ1 flight, the only BTC option is multigrain breads lol
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by RXSF
On my upcoming SQ1 flight, the only BTC option is multigrain breads lol
Hi RXSF, what type of meal is that - breakfast, refreshment, supper, lunch etc?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:37 am

its the breakfast meal. Supper mean had tons of choices. this is in F
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by tboons
I have an aeroplan award on SQ. Can I check the BTC option for it online?
You need the SQ booking reference.

You can call Aeroplan or SQ to get that and enter the booking reference in SQ website under Manage Bookings and select the BTC available on your flight.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:02 am

To/fro NRT, is F/R class BTC "Japanese Meal" the same as Kyo Kaiseki?

Couldnt see a "Kyo Kaiseki" from NRT to LAX but there is an option from SIN-NRT.
Both legs have Japanese meal.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Will be my first time flying on suites and ordered the:

DINNER : Grilled salmon with braised green peas - HKG-SIN
DINNER : Boston lobster thermidor - SIN-SYD

Anyone big difference between the Boston Lobster Thermidor vs Classic? I've had the classic at least 3 times and wondering what the difference might be. Still have a week to make changes so any "must-try recommendations" especially (yummy) dishes not to be found in Business is greatly appreciated! Not often I would have opportunity to fly Suites so gonna make the most out of it!

Thank you!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by BryanHuang
Will be my first time flying on suites and ordered the:

DINNER : Grilled salmon with braised green peas - HKG-SIN
DINNER : Boston lobster thermidor - SIN-SYD

Anyone big difference between the Boston Lobster Thermidor vs Classic? I've had the classic at least 3 times and wondering what the difference might be. Still have a week to make changes so any "must-try recommendations" especially (yummy) dishes not to be found in Business is greatly appreciated! Not often I would have opportunity to fly Suites so gonna make the most out of it!

Thank you!
there is a thread a few down about this. Something about how the classic is the lobster tail and the boston is the whole lobster...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
To/fro NRT, is F/R class BTC "Japanese Meal" the same as Kyo Kaiseki?

Couldnt see a "Kyo Kaiseki" from NRT to LAX but there is an option from SIN-NRT.
Both legs have Japanese meal.

Thanks!
Yes, at least this was the case for me in Apr 2014
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:05 am

I've BTCed in J but not in F.
For an upcoming trip in F on SQ 12, I am wondering if I should BTC...

I was inititally thinking I shouldn't with the logic that it would be better to BTC in J since although the regular catering is great, it isn't exceptional.. whereas in F, it's better to go with the menu of the day because I expect the F menu onboard should be amazing, while BTCing would give me something more akin to the J menu since most BTC options are available or similar in both classes. Does this make any sense? Or would you more experience folk disagree?

Also, as someone who is only fond of seafood when it comes to meat (and just maybe chicken once in awhile), the only thing I can think of is the Pappardelle with Seafood option which is only available in F. Have tried the seabass and black cod in J

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by concept|infinit

I was inititally thinking I shouldn't with the logic that it would be better to BTC in J since although the regular catering is great, it isn't exceptional.. whereas in F, it's better to go with the menu of the day because I expect the F menu onboard should be amazing, while BTCing would give me something more akin to the J menu since most BTC options are available or similar in both classes. Does this make any sense? Or would you more experience folk disagree?

Also, as someone who is only fond of seafood when it comes to meat (and just maybe chicken once in awhile), the only thing I can think of is the Pappardelle with Seafood option which is only available in F. Have tried the seabass and black cod in J

Hello concept|infinit, would suggest that you BTC. Chances are you can still ask for the catered menu if you fancy.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:07 am

Is SQ 12 to/fro NRT?
If so, maybe u can try the Kyo Kaishiki Japanese meal if u you dont mind Japanese food.

It is highly rated and looks really good.

Originally Posted by concept|infinit

Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Is SQ 12 to/fro NRT?
If so, maybe u can try the Kyo Kaishiki Japanese meal if u you dont mind Japanese food.

It is highly rated and looks really good.
I had a Kaiseki in Japan and liked it so I am considering this too. Thanks for the suggestion

@landingpoint: I think I will
If I find something on the menu I like, I could ask for mt BTC order to be served for the before-touch-down service instead of the snacks they serve
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Will be taking my first SQ flight in a week (actually 3 segments in C) and have some BTC questions:

(1) For SFO-SIN, I really, really have no desire to eat at 3am. Can I ask them to save the meal while I sleep for 6 hours? It's a 15 hour flight and I will be annoyed if I get stuck with the midflight options rather than the wonderful BTC menu.

(2) Any comments on the crab cakes? I am also tempted by the steamed fish but worried it will be overcooked. The shrimp also sounds tempting.

(3) Seems like mixed reviews for the lobster (which is offered ex-HKG). I can't stand rubbery lobster so maybe better to pass, and definitely don't want cheese on my seafood!

(4) How are the grilled steaks and NZ lamb chops? Are they tender high quality meats? I have TMJ and usually avoid airplane steaks because they are too tough and chewy and generally overcooked (I prefer rare).

(5) Finally I did not see any reviews for the sushi, which is an option on my flight ex-SIN. I would not expect Jiro qualify but is it passable or just cheap California rolls?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
(1) For SFO-SIN, I really, really have no desire to eat at 3am. Can I ask them to save the meal while I sleep for 6 hours? It's a 15 hour flight and I will be annoyed if I get stuck with the midflight options rather than the wonderful BTC menu.
Yes, you can. I do so all the time. I cannot sleep the entire 14 hour journey to HKG, so when I wake up about 6-8 hours later, I'll take supper, then breakfast when its served.

Tell the crew to set aside your supper choice for you as soon as you boarded the plane and before take-off. Because the crew will normally heat up ALL the supper meals during take-off.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Hi guys (and gals),

Finally scrounged up the 102k miles needed for Suites redemption SIN-NRT (2 pax ... though I must admit I was tempted to redeem a single return trip and tell my companion to fly economy LOL).

For SQ12 SIN-NRT, is Kyo-Kaiseki supposed to be an available option? On the BTC page I couldn't find any "Book The Cook --> Kyo Kaiseki" option. Should I just "Japanese Meal --> Japanese Meal?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.