Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:42 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
To add, not all cities have the BTC options.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:04 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by MovieMan
The BTC dish replaces the main dish--you still get the regular appetizers, salad, dessert, etc.
Also, when on board, if you decide not to have the BTC meal, you can always choose a regular meal. Your share of the regular meal is still carried onto the aircraft. The cabin crew would be more than happy to have your BTC.

Originally Posted by MovieMan
If the flight is long enough to be served more than one meal, yes, you can order more than one BTC dish.
That is provided both meals are main meals, for example, lunch and dinner. This doesn't work if one of the meals is breakfast, in which case your choice is limited to only nasi briyani or something similar.

Loony
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:16 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by SQFAN
Portion size for the 'Thai Curry Fish Balls Stuffed With Prawns, Served with Pork' is really huge, considering you have all the rest before the main course. The fish ball comes in a bowl with curry of course. Then on another plate is the stir fried pork with rice.
I'm back from my trip. It seems that my version of this Thai Curry Fish Ball dish is somewhat different from yours. I was indeed expecting a piping hot bowl of Thai green curry swimming with fish balls. Instead, all I had were 2-3 fish balls that had previously been soaked in curry, laid beside the rice. The stir-fried pork had the honour of being served on the same plate.

Could the difference be due to the class of travel? My trip was in J. Either that or it was a difference in long-haul/regional menus.

Originally Posted by SQFAN
My advice is to skip the other courses prior to this one, obviously not the satay ....unless you're really hungry.
I didn't have satay too, due to the short flight. All in all, my dining experience on SQ64 J paled in comparison to "the real thing". Nevertheless, I did have the inflight service that even other airlines talk about.

Loony
Old Dec 28, 2005, 5:34 am

Loony, glad you enjoyed that.

I did have pics of my meals but didn't have time to post them. Will do soon, so watch this thread. [note to self : remember to post]

I guess it must be class of travel. I remembered having this discussion with CGK a while back. BTW, I had the satay.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:37 am
Original Poster

• Flight: SQ12 SIN-NRT
  • Class: F
  • Date: December 27, 2005
  • Dish: Roast rack of lamb with mint jus, mesclun salad, and thyme-flavoured gratin potatoes
  • Scale (1 to 10): 8
  • Brief review: Very flavorful with a quite generous serving, particularly when viewed relative to some of the regular menu entrees that I was able to see. The portion was somewhat fatty, but even working around that, there was plenty of lamb and it was worth the work.

While I enjoyed the selection, next time I might opt for a somewhat lighter option out of SIN considering the timing of the flight and the other regular menu samplings. That, or I would pass on the soup for breakfast at the Silver Kris Lounge.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:30 am

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Menu for SQ11

Hi

I'm on J on SQ 11 NRT-SIN on Jan 10. I've had Lobster Thermidor but sounds like beef sukiyaki BTC is the way to go ex-NRT. I also read that one can order the Japanese bento box for NRT-LAX flights. Is it possible for me to call SQ and say I want it on the SIN-bound flight?

Has anyone been on SQ 11 this month? What's in the menu?

Bests,
Flyguy

Last edited by Flyguy1971; Dec 29, 2005 at 9:36 am
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, SQ Gold
How to I make my BTC selection if I'm travelling on reward (I or O) tickets? Can't log-in to my booking on the SQ website, so can't see what selection is available. Do I need to phone them?
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFW13
How to I make my BTC selection if I'm travelling on reward (I or O) tickets? Can't log-in to my booking on the SQ website, so can't see what selection is available. Do I need to phone them?
Simply call them and they will coordinate it for you.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, SQ Gold
Thanks, that's great. But is there any way of knowing what's on offer for february? Or do I just have to let them read it out to me over the phone?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFW13
Thanks, that's great. But is there any way of knowing what's on offer for february? Or do I just have to let them read it out to me over the phone?
What are your city pairs?

This link shows you what is offered from the respective stations, differentiated by class of service.

As far as February goes, I don't know how often they change the selections, but most of them are main stays.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:48 pm

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I ordered the 6oz Steak for SQ20 on Wednesday SIN-LAX: medium/well.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 12:23 am
CGK

BTC for SQ228 J MEL-SIN

In-flight Services Available On Sq 0228 J Mel-sin

---------------------------------------------------------------
Category : Book The Cook -comments

Cater For Dinner : Mel-sin
1. Bckmn - Chicken In Macadamia Nut Crust
2. Bfrck - Fried Rice With Chicken
3. Bgbgp - Grill Beef In Green Peppercorn Sauce
4. Bilcb - Indian Lamb Shank Curry And Basmati Rice
5. Bllgc - Lamb Loin In Green Curry
6. Bpfbr - Pan Fried Barramundi
7. Brdwr - Roast Duck With Rice
8. Bssme - Seared Salmon Escalope
Old Jan 6, 2006, 8:57 pm

BTC fir SQ21 leaving out of EWR-SIN doesn't have lobster thermidor? Also how many meals on this flight?
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:17 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by RaysMD
BTC fir SQ21 leaving out of EWR-SIN doesn't have lobster thermidor? Also how many meals on this flight?
Lobster thermidor is usually available only for BTC in F.
Here is the menu for SQ21 EWR-SIN Jun 2005
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:14 pm

Flying MEL-SIN-HKG vv in J in APR - for the first time. Is it worth BTCing at all, or shall I just enjoy the food onboard? And also, if i do BTC, can I have the onboard meal instead if the latter looks better? (eg one of those Gordon Ramsay specials...:P)

And no I don't like lobsters...

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2006 at 11:34 pm Reason: this post moved unedited from the BTC master thread (to keep that thread reserved for menus and pictures)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.