Search

re: Where to get FC White Wine

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2005, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PPS Club
re: Where to get FC White Wine

hi all,

i have a strong liking for the white wine served in FC and could not, try as i may, find it for purchase outside in Singapore. closest i got to was offloading it on a couple of occassions when i met very friendly crew or crew whom i have met before.

i would like to ask, if anyone has an idea where in Singapore, can i buy the German White Wine- Dr Loosen's Riesling Kabinett? this has been my favourite since what.....1999?

grateful for advice please. thank u.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:19 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
While I prefer red wine (or champagne ) myself, you will find the wine listed at this site. They also have a shop on Stamford Road. Dr Loosen Riesling Kabinett (vintage 2003) appears to be in stock--just do a search for it. Enjoy!

Last edited by MovieMan; Oct 16, 2005 at 11:24 pm
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:31 am
Original Poster

MovieMan

thanks a million. i am surprised at the price of this wine. VERY reasonably wll priced. cheers!!!

Originally Posted by MovieMan
While I prefer red wine (or champagne ) myself, you will find the wine listed at this site. They also have a shop on Stamford Road. Dr Loosen Riesling Kabinett (vintage 2003) appears to be in stock--just do a search for it. Enjoy!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lowwol
thanks a million. i am surprised at the price of this wine. VERY reasonably wll priced. cheers!!!
So I assume now you'll be planning to host a SIN Do to sample the wine?

Glad to help. Cheers!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:28 am
Original Poster

well....i have never attended any of the DOs. am thinking of doing so in the future. had actually wanted to go to the one at KL next month. but my committments do not permit me to do so.

anyway, i would have to go to the shop to confirm the wine sold is indeed similar to the one in FC. to be honest, i find the price quite an offer.....S$56. that is damn good a bargain if the wine turns out to be similar.

cheers!

Originally Posted by MovieMan
So I assume now you'll be planning to host a SIN Do to sample the wine?

Glad to help. Cheers!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 3:05 am

well....i have never attended any of the DOs. am thinking of doing so in the future. had actually wanted to go to the one at KL next month. but my committments do not permit me to do so.

anyway, i would have to go to the shop to confirm the wine sold is indeed similar to the one in FC. to be honest, i find the price quite an offer.....S$56. that is damn good a bargain if the wine turns out to be similar.
The last time I saw that wine on board it was the same vintage (2003), so I assume it is the same wine. Let us know.

Anyway, too bad you can't make the KL Do. There will probably be another get-together in SIN late November--hope you can join then. Or join the SIN Run 2006 in Jan.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Ernst Loosen - interesting guy. Decanter Man of the year 2005, Wine International White Wine maker of the year (2005).

The Kabinett is his 'entry level' wine, so S$50 is about right (actually, you'll be able to find his wines for about 30% less in Europe than SG, usually with quite a bit more age); worth trying some of his slightly more 'serious' efforts, if you like the Kabinett.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I, too, really like this wine and am surprised at the price (I had a differnt one on one leg in C - not the Kabinett - wasn't quite as good).

Anyway - does anyone know a source in the US (I live near SFO)?
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Anyway - does anyone know a source in the US (I live near SFO)?
You could try a search in this site.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:46 pm

Thanks MM - cool search site
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:59 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
...the German White Wine- Dr Loosen's Riesling Kabinett? this has been my favourite since what.....1999?
In one of my Raffles Class flights, the white wine was dr loosen qualitatswein dr l riesling 2003. Is this a lower grade wine than the Kabinett? Just curious.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:57 am
Original Poster

not sure man.
but considering the fact that they have to get a better quality or grade of wine for FC, i would reckon the grade for the Dr Loosen in FC might be 'higher' than that of Raffles Class. however, it really depends on individual taste.
i recall in the past, i had always requested for the Graham's Port from Raffles even if i am paxing FC because i love Graham's Port wine.

cheers!

Originally Posted by CGK
In one of my Raffles Class flights, the white wine was dr loosen qualitatswein dr l riesling 2003. Is this a lower grade wine than the Kabinett? Just curious.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:45 am

Don't know if it is a "lower" class but I had the Raffles class wine on one leg and idn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first class "kabinett". I'm still trying to get over the shock that the price is so reasonable (if you can find it).
Old Oct 29, 2005, 4:46 am
Original Poster

i just came back from the wineshop recommended by Movieman and got myself the Dr Loosen white wines.

SIA FC carries Dr Loosen Riesling Kabinett ERDENER TREPPCHEN 2003.

the ones they had at the wineshop:-

Dr Loosen Riesling Kabinett BERNKASTELER LAY 2003 ($56); and
Dr Loosen Riesling Spatlese WEHLENER SONNENUHR 2003 ($78)

the wine labels or both bottles are exactly the same as the bottle from SIA. however, i do not know what the "B Lay" and "Weh Sonne" means. that is about the only difference. however, reading from the SIA FC Wine List, 'The steeply terraced Treppchen vineyard at Erden is one of the finest in the Mosel". i reckon the difference must be the the vineyard.

i got both the Kabinett and Spatlese. have not tasted it yet. will update on the taste once i have drank it.

Originally Posted by estnet
Don't know if it is a "lower" class but I had the Raffles class wine on one leg and idn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first class "kabinett". I'm still trying to get over the shock that the price is so reasonable (if you can find it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.