Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS/SQ RTW question:

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2005, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Watch for schedule in the south pacific NAN-RAR-PPT, as some of these flights are only a few times a week.
Very good advice! I found out that NAN-RAR is only served once a week on NZ.
As a sidenote, even though this route is only served once a week, according to my plans, it happens to be right on my birthday when I'll get on the plane at NAN, then cross the date line and arrive one day before my birthday at RAR. Thus I could celebrate my birthday twice next year.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:14 am

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
connecting in SIN counts as backtracking?

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought it would be better to keep all the VS/SQ RTW questions in one thread for searching.

Is a connection (not a stopover) that backtracks allowed on the VS/SQ RTW? I want to do the following route if possible:

EWR-(SIN)-MNL/HKG-(SIN)-MAA/BOM-LHR-EWR

Thoughts? The SQ office in the US is not open yet, so I figured I'd go to the experts!

Thanks,
B
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
All your queries, answered HERE .
Old Feb 15, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
All your queries, answered HERE .

That's excellent to have, thanks!

But, that's not the same as the simple VS/SQ RTW that doesn't include NZ, right? The VS/SQ RTW doesn't allow back-tracking while the VS/SQ/NZ does. I'm trying to see if this can be done on the cheap versus the more expensive Escapade (VS/SQ/NZ) RTW.

Thanks,
B
Old Feb 15, 2006, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by global_b
That's excellent to have, thanks!

But, that's not the same as the simple VS/SQ RTW that doesn't include NZ, right? The VS/SQ RTW doesn't allow back-tracking while the VS/SQ/NZ does. I'm trying to see if this can be done on the cheap versus the more expensive Escapade (VS/SQ/NZ) RTW.

Thanks,
B
Believe it or not, but the SQ/VS and the SQ/VS/NZ has the SAME fares.. the last time I looked at it. SQ/VS only offered from certain countries. But your initial routing question:
EWR-(SIN)-MNL/HKG-(SIN)-MAA/BOM-LHR-EWR
No it's not possible to do that on SQ/VS. If you consider EWR westward to SIN, then flying from SIN-MNL is going backwards.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Hilton Honours
When I looked last week the SQ/VS RTW did not have the same pricing as the SQ/VS/NZ RTW - how do I know. Well I booked the former and the latter was approx AUD$1k more (for the time I am going). And talk about strict backtracking and no common sense- I couldn't use the JFK -Sin via Frankfort flight even though I would not be deplanning at Fra. Had to use the direct EWR-SIN flight even though the destination for each flight is exactly the same (I come into JFK from LHR so they said going to SIN via Europe even though not getting off was backtracking).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.