Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ FAQ: A Compilation of FTers’ Advice and Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ FAQ: A Compilation of FTers’ Advice and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:38 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Brilliant ^ . This has been needed for while, now that everything is answered do we all go home now

Originally Posted by jjpb3
[*]You live in one of the countries where there is a KrisFlyer-affiliated credit card (e.g., the KrisFlyer Amex card in Singapore): this allows you to augment your flying miles with credit card miles. (By the way, if you’re fortunate in this way, MAN Flyer, SQFAN, and I think you should buy us drinks to console us for our lack of access to such a credit card.)
Note to our SQ Marketing Lurker ; where is our KF miles earning card ?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:22 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Thumbs up Fantastic Effort!!!

Thank you jjpb3. I am lost for words. Thank you once again. ^ ^
Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:42 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Thanks a million, jjpb3! ^ Really appreciate your time, though many parts of the FAQ will be relevant to me only much later.

Loony
Old Aug 4, 2005, 5:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Kiwi Flyer estimates that movies currently start at around the 3:50 mark, while TV programmes begin at approximately the 2:20 mark.
Today there was 1:15 of ads before TV programmes (still about 3:50 for movies).
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:45 pm

Great job in the compilation. Comprehensive and a jolly good read too.
I notice in one of the last treads about PPS members losing their bag tags. Just give them a call (your respectively PPS coordinator) and they'll replace them. I got mine replaced twice!! The current tags are really not durable.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 12:48 am
Original Poster

I've modified that part of the FAQ, Kiwi Flyer. I'm looking forward to shorter ads on my next flights! (I can already hear the introductory KrisWorld music. )

Welcome to FlyerTalk, gunship, and thanks for the compliments. Could we interest you in registering as a member of paffendorf's Inner Circle? When you attend one of the DO's, once you get past StarG's bodyguards [broken PPS tags are an acceptable form of ID as long as your name can still be read], the group will teach you the secret handshake / greeting .

Last edited by jjpb3; Aug 5, 2005 at 1:15 am
Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:49 am

I've modified that part of the FAQ, Kiwi Flyer. I'm looking forward to shorter ads on my next flights! (I can already hear the introductory KrisWorld music. )

Welcome to FlyerTalk, gunship, and thanks for the compliments. Could we interest you in registering as a member of paffendorf's Inner Circle? When you attend one of the DO's, once you get past StarG's bodyguards [broken PPS tags are an acceptable form of ID as long as your name can still be read], the group will teach you the secret handshake / greeting .
Hi jjpb3 , should i send Paffendorf a msg ?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 2:19 am
Original Poster

gunship: Just post a message with your QPPn number at the end of his thread (link given in my earlier message), and he'll update the list to include you. This way, others can also welcome you aboard.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:54 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I stand corrected - some TV programs have 1:15 of ads and some approx 2:00. No idea why the difference.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Great stuff jjpb3. Amazing effort. Excellent.

BTW, I know we are focusing on SQ here, but this is related. Recently, when I had to take LH for SIN-FRA , I was granted access to the SKL in SIN holding a LH C-Class BP (I wasn't booked on a SQ c/s either but LH777). I don't hold PPS status (yet) . Cheers ...
Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:15 am
Original Poster

I modified the SKL access section, to reflect your experience. Thanks, demue.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by demue
BTW, I know we are focusing on SQ here, but this is related. Recently, when I had to take LH for SIN-FRA , I was granted access to the SKL in SIN holding a LH C-Class BP (I wasn't booked on a SQ c/s either but LH777). I don't hold PPS status (yet) . Cheers ...
SIN SKL is the designated lounge for LH and NZ so this isnt surprising.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 7:10 am

[QUOTE=jjpb3]I'm *G. Do I have access to the SKL at SIN?

Well. I apologize - I don't know wat "G" means! I'm Senator with LH and will fly SQ in economy.. will it be possible to use lounge in SIN??
Old Aug 21, 2005, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by koernbach
Well. I apologize - I don't know wat "G" means! I'm Senator with LH and will fly SQ in economy.. will it be possible to use lounge in SIN??
Sorry, I should have used less jargon. *G is the shortcut term for Star Alliance Gold, which includes LH Senator status. You'll have access to the SATS Premier Lounge, but not the Silver Kris Lounge (SKL). The signs at SIN should be pretty clear; just look for the "Star Alliance Gold" logo for the appropriate lounge. If you head for the SKL, the staff will point you to the correct lounge, and it's only a short walk away (no need to go down and up escalators).

I've amended the FAQ to avoid future confusion. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I hope you enjoy SQ economy class. I personally think it's the best among the airlines' economy class offerings. Of course, Bali will be a great experience, I'm sure. Happy travels.

Last edited by jjpb3; Dec 5, 2006 at 6:42 am
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:01 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by demue
Great stuff jjpb3. Amazing effort. Excellent.

For LH777, C and F pax are allowed to use SKL. It is listed in the sign board by the SQ Girl just to the left after the end of escalator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.