FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   C Menu (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/428530-c-menu.html)

Hideyuki Jun 16, 2005 7:56 am

Originally Posted by BON
Refreshment Menu

A Savoury Note
Caesar salad with poached quail eggs

The Main Event
Char grilled tournedos of beef with port wine sauce, sautéed spinach, carrots and roasted potatoes
*Exclusively created by Gordon Ramsay, London

Braised fish fillet with black bean sauce, seasonal vegetables and fried rice

Indian style chicken tikka with braised lentil and eggplant, saffron rice

The Cheese Board
Gourmet cheese with garnishes

A Sweet Note
A selection of fresh fruit

A Connoisseur’s Choice
Gourmet coffee
Selection of tea
And pralines

Breakfast Menu

A Fresh Start
A choice of apple, tomato and freshly squeezed orange

Fresh Fruit

A Healthy Note
Choice of cereals or yoghurt
Cornflakes with milk or birchermuesli
Plain or fruit yoghurt

The Main Event
Fried noodles with chicken, black mushroom and vegetables

Griddled hotcake with blueberry compote, egg frittata, tomato and beef sausage

Omelette with cheese sauce, grilled bacon, tomato, sautéed spinach and potatoes

From the Bakery
Assorted breakfast rolls
Butter – Fruit preserve

A Connoisseur’s Choice
Gourmet coffee
Selection of tea

Thanks Mr.BON :D I hope to change refreshment to supper on SQ478.

HNL1K Jun 17, 2005 6:03 pm

Fra-jfk

Hi All,

What's cooking these days on the AM departures FRA-JFK, SQ 26?

Thanks much :)

Rejuvenated Jun 17, 2005 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by HNL1K
Hi All,

What's cooking these days on the AM departures FRA-JFK, SQ 26?

Thanks much :)

Even though I've discarded the menu :(, I still recall that we had Thai Green Curry for our second meal prior to arrival at JFK which was mouth watering and filling to say the least the last time I took this flight. :)

pps04 Jun 17, 2005 9:42 pm

Just for those who are interested for knowing SQ 20 SIN - LAX C Class menu for June 2005, there is no change from the May 2005 that Bon had posted in Post 19. Just completed this flight 3 days ago and was really surprise too as I had it in May as well.

According to IFS, the next menu change for SQ20 in in Jul. Cheers :)

CGK Jun 17, 2005 11:33 pm

SQ 156 SIN-CGK and SQ 157 CGK-SIN

SQ156 SIN-10:00 CGK-10:35

light meal from singapore to jakarta

appetisers
Pasta and vegetable salad

main courses
Ikan assam padeh
Malay style fish in sour auce with stir fried vegetables and steamed rice

Cantonese style roast duck with plum sauce, Chinese greens, carrots and noodles

Grilled beef fillet with rosemary sauce, roasted vegetables and gratinated potatoes

dessert
Chocolate walnut gateau

hot beverages
Coffee - Tea

SQ157 CGK-12:20 SIN-14:45

lunch from jakarta to singapore

appetisers
Salad of artichoke, mushroom and asparagus

main courses
Tamarind-flavoured fried prawns, seasonal vegetables and turmeric rice

Wok fried chicken in five spice sauce, Chinese greens, carrots, mushrooms and fragrant rice

Lamb goulash
Lamb stewed in paprika and onion with vegetables and potatoes

dessert
Summer bread pudding with vanilla sauce

hot beverages
Coffee - Tea

Rejuvenated Jun 17, 2005 11:37 pm

CGK,

You have inspired me to become an avid menu collector. ^ :D It's a pity of myself on many occasions to have either discarded old menus or not taken them with me after the flights.

newcx12345 Jun 18, 2005 1:39 am

Wow the menus sounds pretty good. I don't know why SQ seemed to have a bad reputation in catering compared to CX. It certainly seems to be more ellaborate than CX.

I am so sick of the preplating on CX and the lack of snack menus on day flights (and they have it on flights to SYD dept @ 2350) go figure!

The snack menu on the LAX-SIN is definitely miles better than CX and also the breakfast option as well!

Does anyone have the latest SIN-SYD J Class menu?

newcx12345 Jun 18, 2005 2:07 am

Oh and for anyone who wants to compare how CX does in J Class:

CX111 J Menu HKG-SYD:

Salad:
Seasonal Salad served with Rasberry Vinaigrette (the greens a a bit non fresh)

Appetizer:
Salmon, Hot Smoked on Cucymber with Peach and Plum Chutney (Ordinary as the fish is tasteless)

Main Course

Braised minced Pork Ball Shanghainese Style with Vegetable Rice and Chinese Baby Cabbage with Straw Mushrooms and Medlars ( I had this and it is exactly the same as TPE-HKG, There was only 1 small mushroom and a lot of fat pieces of pork. Overall I give it 6/10)

Sauteed Seabass Fillet with Leek and Mustard Sauce Roasted Celeriac Mash, Pumpkin with Herbs and French Beans

Pan-fried Chicken with Brown Sauce. Olive Crushed New Potatom Roasted pumpkin herbs and French Beans

Field Mushroom and Garlic Ravioli with Tomato Cancasse (the guy sat next to me had this. It looked like those Microwave meals you get @ Supermarket)

Cheese and Fresh Sesaonal Fruit

Dessert: Chocolate Mascarpone Cream Cake served with Rasberry Sauce (This is the best thign from this meal, really enjoyed it) But NO ice cream.

Assorted Bread and Rolls

Tea and Coffee

Pralines

BREAKFAST

Juice Selection

Appetizer - Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Fruit Yoghurt, Mueslo or Corn Flakes

Main Course - Only ONE choice:

Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus - Bacon Sausage Roll, Mushrooms and Bked Tomato Provencale. (This again is EXACTLLY the same as the breakfast selection from HKG-TPE, even on HKG-TPE they offered the Dim Sim as an alternative).

Assorted Bread and Tolls - served with Preserves, Joney and Butter

Tea and Coffee.

jjpb3 Jun 18, 2005 2:52 am

Originally Posted by rejunivated
CGK,

You have inspired me to become an avid menu collector. ^ :D It's a pity of myself on many occasions to have either discarded old menus or not taken them with me after the flights.

Yes, CGK is an inspiration to me as well. :) I can only imagine what his collection must be like. I get to enjoy Raffles so occasionally that my collection of menus is very manageable. :D

Originally Posted by newcx12345
Wow the menus sounds pretty good. I don't know why SQ seemed to have a bad reputation in catering compared to CX.

I've been told of that reputation, and I don't know why that is. I've found the main dishes at SQ more to my liking. But of course, my airline bias is well-established. :p

broadwayboy Jun 20, 2005 3:59 am

No more fresh OJ?

I just took JFK-FRA in J and was surprised to find out they don´t serve fresh squeezed orange juice anymore.

Also disappointed that they lost my book-the-cook request, which I made a month ago. I settled for a chicken dish, which was just OK.

It´s been about a year or so since I last flew SQ in Raffles and I am happy to report that the ice cream they serve is no longer a Haagen Dazs in its own paper cup. Last night I was served a black cherry ice cream in a glass bowl, with shavings of chocolate. Happy to discover also that the ice cream was "spoonable", unlike the usual hard-as-a-rock-could-you-please-microwave-it-for-me.

Continuing my flight to Singapore now, as we have just been paged...

Rejuvenated Jun 20, 2005 11:33 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
It´s been about a year or so since I last flew SQ in Raffles and I am happy to report that the ice cream they serve is no longer a Haagen Dazs in its own paper cup. Last night I was served a black cherry ice cream in a glass bowl, with shavings of chocolate. Happy to discover also that the ice cream was "spoonable", unlike the usual hard-as-a-rock-could-you-please-microwave-it-for-me

Yes. Although, I got served with a different flavor, I still got pistachio w/ almonds served in the glass bowl on SQ319 last month. ^

Kiwi Flyer Jun 20, 2005 1:24 pm

Happy to discover also that the ice cream was "spoonable", unlike the usual hard-as-a-rock-could-you-please-microwave-it-for-me.

I like the ice-cream being hard as it gives ample time for a nice drink while waiting for it to soften.

Buster CT1K Jun 20, 2005 2:06 pm

I just took JFK-FRA in J and was surprised to find out they don´t serve fresh squeezed orange juice anymore.

Also disappointed that they lost my book-the-cook request, which I made a month ago. I settled for a chicken dish, which was just OK.

For JFK-FRA in Nov last year, the caterer got it wrong and boarded the western chicken meal instead of the chinese chicken meal. The FA got me a good chinese chicken meal from the onboard selection which was much better.

JFK-FRA-SIN-EWR in Feb this year: the book the cook selections were all boarded correctly and were satisfactory.

Buster CT1K Jun 20, 2005 2:08 pm

Happy to discover also that the ice cream was "spoonable", unlike the usual hard-as-a-rock-could-you-please-microwave-it-for-me.

Glad to hear. Have never asked for it to be microwaved, usually am patient enough to just let it sit. But sometimes, I just want to get to sleep.

Now that I know about the microwave though....

broadwayboy Jun 20, 2005 6:11 pm

Hooray, fresh squeezed orange juice was served on the FRA-SIN leg.

Obviously since the lost my book-the-cook request on JFK-FRA leg, I didn't get my previously selected meal on the onward FRA-SIN journey. I opted for the beef, which was, as expected, chewy and tough. The shrimp salad with mango was quite good. The champagne ice cream, as good as it sounds, was horrible. I saw an FA go to the cockpit with a whole (chocolate?) cake and almost asked for one, but didn't go for it. I assumed that was a left-over from the F cabin.

I snagged the JFK-FRA-SIN menu and have it with me now. How do folks post the menu here? They do not type each and every meal selections, do they?