Search

SQ/Starwood Promo - SPG Gold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
SQ/Starwood Promo - SPG Gold

Got this mailer over the weekend:

SQ/Starwood offering KF members Starwood Gold for free and get 2K bonus KFmiles for each of your 1st 3 stays by 30/Jun. Gold membership valid till Feb 2006. ^
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Is that only for KF members based in SIN?
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:40 pm

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Is that only for KF members based in SIN?
I got my mailer last week too. I'm based in Sydney.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thats encouraging. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:10 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Is there a promo code? I haven't seen the mailing yet. If so, would you post it please.

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 5:57 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
I wouldn't mind this promo at all. I got a similar one from NW last year and used it to top off my Worldperks account.

Originally Posted by lhrpete
Is there a promo code? I haven't seen the mailing yet. If so, would you post it please.

Thanks.
Its not too difficult to figure out Starwood promo links. I just took the Air Canada promo posted in the SPG forum and replaced "aircanada" with "singapore" and this page turned up.

https://www.lg0.net/starwood/tripleplay05/singapore.cfm

Terms and Conditions:

By activating this membership, you accept the terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest programme.
Offer is valid for recipients of targeted direct mail only and is non-transferable.
To participate, recipient must be a member of Starwood Preferred Guest and participate in the Airline Direct Deposit programme. Gold membership is valid until 28 February, 2006. To earn Gold status until February 2007, member must meet standard Gold-level qualification of 10 stays or 25 nights in 2005.
With Airline Direct Deposit, the Starpoints earned from only hotel stays and select KrisFlyer offers will be converted automatically to your KrisFlyer account and may not be transferred back to Starwood Preferred Guest.
Stays must be completed from 15 April until 30 June, 2005, and you must present your Starwood Preferred Guest number to earn Starpoints for the stay to be eligible.
All bonus KrisFlyer miles earned with this offer will be credited to your KrisFlyer account after the qualifying stay posts to your Starwood Preferred Guest account.
A maximum of 6,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles may be earned during the promotion.
Cannot be combined with other offers unless expressly stated.
All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest programme terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPGcom.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 6:39 am

Programs: Kris Flyer - Silver
SPG Card

Registered for this promo last week...

Are we supposed to get the card sent? Or should you have a valid transaction with the hotel first before you get the card? Much like the paper card on KF which you start off with, then changed to the real plastic card once you have a transaction?

Hmmm...
Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:03 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kevinwijatno
Registered for this promo last week...

Are we supposed to get the card sent? Or should you have a valid transaction with the hotel first before you get the card? Much like the paper card on KF which you start off with, then changed to the real plastic card once you have a transaction?

Hmmm...
You should get the card sent in a couple of weeks. Thats what happened to me last year. If it doesn't show up in a month, just log in to your SPG account and request a replacement card.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...lace_card.html
Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:04 am

Are existing SPG members eligible? 'cause there's only space for a FFN number and not an existing SPG number

Last edited by uhoo; Apr 25, 2005 at 7:06 am
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:22 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Just apply for it, get the points, then merge your accounts after that. That's what I've done!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:20 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Missed out again

This is the second Hotel promotion in succession which us up North have been excluded from. Coupled with the reminder that we also can't have the KF earning Amex or anything else earning KF miles, it leaves a feeling of being distinctly unloved by SQ in this remote outpost .

If it happens again it's going to go off at SQ in the UK
Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:23 pm

Cool, but I'm getting the "you're not eligible" spiel. Haven't slept all night/morning(?) so I might be doing something wrong. Will try again later, but could the promotion be over already?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Ooops !

Last edited by MAN Flyer; Apr 25, 2005 at 1:27 pm Reason: Same drivel as above..
Old Apr 25, 2005, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
BA Exec Cards (in London at least) got this offer in January/February. SPG + double/triple points instead of fixed amount of points. Starwood must be marketing this on an airline by airline basis
Old Apr 25, 2005, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Hate to dissapoint MANY of you here............. but apparently this promo is for SIN & Oz based KF folk only.

I registered and under select country drop-down menu, only SIN & Oz were available to choose from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.