Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to FRA in First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

JFK to FRA in First

Flying Singapore for the first time and going from JFK to FRA in First. What can I expect? I know that they now use the Virgin Clubhouse in JFK. Can I eat there? How is dinner and breakfast onboard? Any recommendations. My only regret is that the flight is only 7 hr and 40 mins. One last question, any arrival lounge options in FRA?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 7:46 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
As the search function is back up , I suggest that you do a search on this topic.
You should find something as this has been discussed several times before.

Sorry - no arrival lounge AFAIK.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Didn't realize search was back-up.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 9:06 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I did the same trip in Jan going to the SIN Do.
--Yes, you do use the Virgin Clubhouse in JFK and can order a full dinner from the menus on the tables, or just a snack/salad/soup etc served by waiters. There is also a nice bar the separates the room. All in all it is much better than almost any other business lounge I've been in (expect perhaps for BA's old Concorde lounge in JFK & LHR).
--As for the SQ F flight to FRA, it was fine, just not the earth shattering, mind blowing experience I'd heard about. They hadn't loaded my BTC lobster that I'd ordered the week before, I was ok with the pj's (as I'm a small)-- but they only had smalls & extra larges to give out. The IFE was on demand, and when I asked how to operate it, the FA's just took and set it up for me. I kept saying 'show me how to do it myself'... but they would just set it up. I finally figured it out, but that was during the FRA-SIN portion. The bed is fantastic...very very comfy. As I mentioned my BTC wasn't available, so I choose from the F menu, which was 'just ok' (honestly I've had better in BF on CO). I noticed most of my fellow F passengers felt the same, when we chatted about it later.
--Upon arrival in FRA, F passengers are given a ride on one of those inter-terminal carts to the UA F lounge----- not the new LH First between flights. This lounge was very small and had not much to distinguish it from your
average airport lounge anywhere. We were then told to wait outside the door for the cart back to our plane.
--Back on board (same aircraft) I was given another set of pj's (I now have in lilac, violet & marine blue) and continued onward towards SIN. The rest of the flight was pretty uneventful... meals served, watched movies, shows, set up my 'private listening' system etc. They again set up the bed when requested-- so I was able to get a fairly good sleep. We arrived in SIN around 6 am and there was no problem getting through customs etc.

All in all, I'm glad I experienced it, but would I spend $7,000+ for it, no I don't thnk so. While on board I did check out the regular biz section and it did seem cramped compared to F and coach was really bad in comparision. But on my return I took the non stop SIN-EWR in business, and found coach on that flight not to be too back at all. Seats well spaced (as long as you can get a bulkhead that is.
I think I have included some pics of my flight/meals etc on my post on this topic earlier in the year so I don't want to include them again-- but if you can't find them let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.