Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 6:58 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I was not allowed to take the Singapore Girl cardboard cutout. For shame
This reminds me of a certain classic trip report
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:36 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...05#post3781805

If anyone will be in SIN April 7-16 post to my thread in the Community forum or PM or e-mail me.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
when will SQ be using their A380

This morning in the sydney morning herald, the CEo was reporting that the A380 will be used first on the syd-sin sector.

does anyone know when approx they will utilise the super jumbo???

cheers
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
More information in the A380 thread, which I have now moved your post into.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 15, 2005 at 7:30 pm
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:19 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Where is this A-380 thread?

I looked and looked again more times and I cannot find it.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
More information in the A380 thread, which I have now moved your post into.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by CDG1
Where is this A-380 thread?

I looked and looked again more times and I cannot find it.
This is it ! . The post was moved from elsewhere to here.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 3:17 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
It looks like nobody is quite sure of which will be the historic SQ inaugural flight. I will try hard to be on it too...
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:30 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
www.a380.singaporeair.com

Singapore Airlines Limited ('SIA') is pleased to invite you to register for e-mail updates about SIA's A380. The e-mail updates are solely to disseminate information selected by SIA about SIA's A380. Registration is not an entitlement to any goods or services or a seat on any SIA A380 flight. SIA does not warrant or guarantee that the information in any update is exclusive, new, complete, accurate, reliable or suitable for any purpose.....
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:42 pm

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Savage25
www.a380.singaporeair.com

Singapore Airlines Limited ('SIA') is pleased to invite you to register for e-mail updates about SIA's A380. The e-mail updates are solely to disseminate information selected by SIA about SIA's A380. Registration is not an entitlement to any goods or services or a seat on any SIA A380 flight. SIA does not warrant or guarantee that the information in any update is exclusive, new, complete, accurate, reliable or suitable for any purpose.....
Just beaten to the post by Savage25.....

Thought that's a good marketing thingy.....generate interest, as if there isn't already tons of it already
Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I agree. They've done what was rumoured last week but it's something and nothing. Again, if nothing else it's just additional publicity for them, as if they'll need it as it gets closer....
Old Mar 22, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Airbus A380 - 90 seconds for 853 people

WSJ is running a story about the the A380's evacuation readiness tests.
Makes for an interesting read here .

(The WSJ requires login/subscription, so the post's pasted here, minus graphics)

Update:
To comply with forum rules and possible copyright issues, the article body's been removed. Link's above...Quick Summary below:

- Evac simulation / tests planned for Summer 2005
- A380 doesn't get to commercial flights unless it's deemed to have passed the test
- Strict pass criteria: 853 people to be evacuated in 90 seconds, with half the exit doors malfunctioning
- Airbus has an interesting challenge in simulating it in a comprehensive-enough manner, without resulting in any injuries (as has happened before)
- Passengers' reaction to jumping off a slide almost 2.5 storeys high will be interesting to note...

One wonders if Airbus is soliciting applications for test volunteers (purely for kicks, of course)

Last edited by LightSpeed; Mar 22, 2005 at 10:25 pm Reason: Forum rules / copyright issues?
Old Mar 22, 2005, 9:34 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by LightSpeed
WSJ is running a story about the the A380's evacuation readiness tests.
Makes for an interesting read here .

(The WSJ requires login/subscription, so the post's pasted here, minus graphics)
Interesting read!
LightSpeed, I know that the WSJ requires subscription, but I suggest you edit your post to keep it to just a summary, rather than the entire article--see the sticky at the top of the Newsstand forum:

2. Please DO NOT post entire articles unless you have the permission of the copyright holder. Post a paragraph, the link, and a description of the article, to comply with the terms of service of Flyertalk.
(By the way, I realize you've just joined--welcome to FT!)
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:19 pm

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Originally Posted by MovieMan
Interesting read!
LightSpeed, I know that the WSJ requires subscription, but I suggest you edit your post to keep it to just a summary, rather than the entire article--see the sticky at the top of the Newsstand forum:

(By the way, I realize you've just joined--welcome to FT!)
Thanks for the advice and the welcome, MovieMan. Edited the post above to remove the article body...
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:56 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
One wonders if Airbus is soliciting applications for test volunteers (purely for kicks, of course)
Well, the article does say Airbus has been distributing flyers in health clubs across Hamburg asking for volunteers. Even though each participant is receiving about $65, I'm not sure I would volunteer, given nearly 15% of participants end up with injuries!

Anyway, I just don't see how they can adequately simulate the probable chaos of a real situation...
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:58 pm

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Apparently they are. You can contact airbus directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.