Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 inaugural information (25 October 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: SQ Gold, BA Silver, AMEX P+
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
So who really wants to get on the inaugural of those here on the SQ board ?

I would love to, but probably will be out of luck. 22 F seats on such a flight are mostly blocked or gone pretty soon.

Please drop me a mail CGK or StarG when you know more about when the flight will be scheduled and when it will be bookable. Better be quick to snatch a good seat if at all possible.
I'm interested as well. Probably in C. So if anybody hears anything.......
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CGK
I want to do SIN-LHR turnaround LHR-SIN, and if the flight goes to SYD, I will do that as well. That's in my dream at the moment.
Scary stuff - I have the same dream Well for me it will probably come down to the dates & schedule - fingers crossed.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:47 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Have you actually registered your interest with your PPS co-ordinator or whoever you deal with at SQ ?. If not it may be wise to do so...
Actually I had been asked a few times by SQ here about my plan for A380 inaugural flights. And today, I reassure them again that I will do inaugural flights (as long as nothing happens to me between now and Jul 2006). I even mentioned to them that StarG, KiwiFlyer, ManFlyer, Flamboyant1, and others are interested as well (I gave them your country location so that the SQ offices there would get the message as well). So, hopefully they will follow up about this matter. And hopefully by August this year, the flight info will be loaded in the system.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:28 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I even mentioned to them that StarG, KiwiFlyer, ManFlyer, Flamboyant1, and others are interested as well (I gave them your country location so that the SQ offices there would get the message as well). So, hopefully they will follow up about this matter. And hopefully by August this year, the flight info will be loaded in the system.

Now that Mr. CGK is absolutely great service. Thanks a lot. Feel free to give them my real name and e-mail. I hope SQ in FRA or my DUS based PPS Lady will follow up. I send them an e-mail myself.

Also please take the liberty to forward any interesting e-mails about the A380 inaugural flight to me with dates, seating map, whether the flight will continue to SYD, etc. We could have a great time on-board, if...if...if

Fingers crossed.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
As people are scrambling to get on this historic inaugural flight, SQ are asking CGK if he would like to be on it and what his plans are. Tremendous ^

Methinks we should arm CGK with our respective PPS numbers, with the pull he seems to have we should all get an op-up to F .
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hehe CGK

Local office doesnt know anything about a list. Asked if I am a journalist!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 1:28 pm
CGK

... we should all get an op-up to F .
This requests will be unlikely for inaugural flights. As you mentioned earlier, LHR-SIN will be full of celebrities and politician. I am sure Mr. Blair will demand for a ride in F.
Anyway, one of the staff in SKL Changi suggested that we should write to SQ as a group that had the proof did two inaugural SIN-LAX and SIN-EWR, and request for upgrade for Y to C. I think one of you guys should volunteer to write the letter. I am not good in writing. And SQ knows we are from all over the world.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 1:53 pm
CGK

Also please take the liberty to forward any interesting e-mails about the A380 inaugural flight to me with dates, seating map, whether the flight will continue to SYD, etc. We could have a great time on-board, if...if...if

Fingers crossed.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Will do that of course. But I just have to make sure I will have the FIRST person to book the inaugural flights. The past two inaugural flights I became #1 booker, after one or two persons who did the booking earlier cancelled their reservation.
Just kidding. Of course if I know earlier the date of the flights I will just book you for the flights.

OT: I got invitation to attend dinner party for Solitaire based at YVR hosted by the new VP SQ Canada. Unfortunately, I will be in Sydney early March. So if any FTer who gets invitation as well and will attend the meeting, would you kindly enough to tell us what's all about. Is it the A380 discussion?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
If you want I'll speak to the guy who told me about what the plans are when I get back next weekend and see what he recommends.

BTW, slightly OT but what is all this get to the gate on time they are ramming down your throat in Changi ?. Just got my boarding card for SQ219 and they have a message printed on it, then they have stamped it again with an ink stamp and they are making announcements in the SKL. They were already OT with the 'Last Call' showing on the screens, surely they don't want us at the gate earlier still !!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:44 pm
CGK

If you want I'll speak to the guy who told me about what the plans are when I get back next weekend and see what he recommends.
Great idea. ^ We need to make SQ aware of our intention. I am guessing that the SQ big shots in Singapore would not offer us anything. It's their "corporate way of thinking." But, on the other hand, the SQ officers outside SIN would at least listen to our requests since they have more knowledge about us as SQ customers. In addition, you are in UK, which will have the first A380. Therefore, your contact in UK would have some decision power I believe.
Thank you!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:13 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Kiwi Flyer: Just say yes, and Conde Nast Traveller New Zealand, your employer, would love to see how the inaugurals go.

CGK: About writing for upgrades, personally I don't think SQ would upgrade us based on the fact that we did the inaugural non-stops.

MAN Flyer: SQ just implemented earlier closure time for better on time performance. Maybe that's behind all the rushing etc.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by StarG
Kiwi Flyer: Just say yes, and Conde Nast Traveller New Zealand, your employer, would love to see how the inaugurals go.

MAN Flyer: SQ just implemented earlier closure time for better on time performance. Maybe that's behind all the rushing etc.

Hmmm....I see a complimentary Raffles ticket coming in your direction Kiwi Flyer !!!

More than likely, we will see Last Call flashing across the screens probably an hr and half before departure time.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:23 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Just wait and see. Only way I will go is one fullfare C of F ticket from a cheap point of origin. Second flight on A380 is not bad either, service for commoners will be better if there are fewer celebrities or politicians.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:20 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
... Second flight on A380 is not bad either, service for commoners will be better if there are fewer celebrities or politicians.
CGK was featured on the Straits Times newspaper as well as its online version during SQ22 inaugural coverage... if that does not make him a celebrity I don't know what does.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:51 am
CGK

Originally Posted by StarG
CGK was featured on the Straits Times newspaper as well as its online version during SQ22 inaugural coverage... if that does not make him a celebrity I don't know what does.
Thank you for your kind words StarG. But no worry, I am not a celebrity kind in the topic discussion... just a regular pax. That's why when I want to, the FAs like to confide with me. I am a good listener.
The important thing is that you forgot one more point, i.e. for SQ19, I was asked to cut the cake at the gate with the guy from SFO (who happened to be the first person to check-in). In addition to that, at least we had our 5-second footage on BBC FastTrack for a month I think.

... service for commoners will be better if there are fewer celebrities or politicians.
Do you think for celebrities or politicians SQ will provide real knife and fork? It is a pain to be on the flight to/from LHR and ordered lamb for the meal. Could not cut the meat with those plastic knife!

Last edited by CGK; Feb 20, 2005 at 8:56 am Reason: Addition & Correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.