Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

JFK-FRA: My first SQ F flight...advice suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

I have booked my first SQ F flight: SQ 25 from JFK-FRA. I understand there are no PJs or amenity kits? Any advice...should I consider reserving a certain meal in advance? Anything else?
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:41 pm

Programs: SQSolitaire,Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, CO Platinum,
Take seat 2A. You will get PJ's and other goodies. I do not care for Bulgari.

I am not a fan of book to cook. Lobster termidor is a good bet. I stick to what is on the menu. The only reason I travel first class is I can sleep to SIN

Great seats (fully flat) You will enjoy. I miss them on non-stop ewr-sin.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Catering out of JFK can be so-so... so BTC isn't the best option, really.

Your first SQ F flight?

Just enjoy yourself.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Catering out of JFK can be so-so... so BTC isn't the best option, really.

Your first SQ F flight?

Just enjoy yourself.
I'll go with the food on-board. Lobster Thermidor sounds good. Yes: I've been a OW man, but I need to get to FRA by noon, and the BA change of planes in LHR option won't work because I can't leave until about 8PM. And, I've easily requalified for Emerald this year, so the SC's aren't relevant.

And, I've been anxious to sample SQ F (and Emirates) to compare with CX...so here we go.

I would take SQ back FRA-JFK, but the 8:30 AM departure doesn't sound too appealing...I considered LH, especially given the new F facility at FRA, but LH's ex-FRA fares are too high and I was re-routed onto LH last year by BA, so I have already flown them -- I guess I'll pop back home via my old stand-by on BA via LHR, which I always enjoy.

There does seem to be some dispute as to whether PJs and amenity kits will be available on SQ 25 from JFK-FRA, so we'll just have to see.

Thanks for the perspectives.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 7:59 am

I flew same route in F early last year and was given both the pajama and the amentiy kit (not as nice as BA's F one)

I found the sauce on the lobster thermidor quite overwhelming, so I asked the FA to put the sauce on the side on the flight back. It's quite nice.

The best part about flying F on SQ for me is the seat. It feels quite special to go to the lav and change to a pajama and when you return your seat, the "bed" is ready for you.

I'm flying LAX-CDG-SIN on F next month on AF and wonder if the FA would do the same. Doubt it.

Originally Posted by nologic
I'll go with the food on-board. Lobster Thermidor sounds good. Yes: I've been a OW man, but I need to get to FRA by noon, and the BA change of planes in LHR option won't work because I can't leave until about 8PM. And, I've easily requalified for Emerald this year, so the SC's aren't relevant.

And, I've been anxious to sample SQ F (and Emirates) to compare with CX...so here we go.

I would take SQ back FRA-JFK, but the 8:30 AM departure doesn't sound too appealing...I considered LH, especially given the new F facility at FRA, but LH's ex-FRA fares are too high and I was re-routed onto LH last year by BA, so I have already flown them -- I guess I'll pop back home via my old stand-by on BA via LHR, which I always enjoy.

There does seem to be some dispute as to whether PJs and amenity kits will be available on SQ 25 from JFK-FRA, so we'll just have to see.

Thanks for the perspectives.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
.....I'm flying LAX-CDG-SIN on F next month on AF and wonder if the FA would do the same. Doubt it.
Excusez-moi??
Old Jan 15, 2005, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I'm flying LAX-CDG-SIN on F next month on AF and wonder if the FA would do the same. Doubt it.
Are you asking if an AF FA would get into your duvet with you?
Old Jan 15, 2005, 7:59 pm
skye

Are you asking if an AF FA would get into your duvet with you?

Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:21 am

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
I flew JFK - FRA in F ealier this year and got the PJ and kit.

If you get there early enough you can get into the Virgin Lounge. Its a good setup and if you want to sleep on the plane, they have a good meal service and drinks - waiters that come to you.

The others must have been on very full flights, as they made up the seat next to mine as a bed. So when I was ready to retire, I just moved across. When I woke, up, just moved back to 2A. It was great not having to worry about the bedding. I didn't ask for this, they did it for the other 3 in FC as well.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gotta Requalify
I flew JFK - FRA in F ealier this year and got the PJ and kit.

If you get there early enough you can get into the Virgin Lounge. Its a good setup and if you want to sleep on the plane, they have a good meal service and drinks - waiters that come to you.

The others must have been on very full flights, as they made up the seat next to mine as a bed. So when I was ready to retire, I just moved across. When I woke, up, just moved back to 2A. It was great not having to worry about the bedding. I didn't ask for this, they did it for the other 3 in FC as well.
What are the main entree choices on-board? If you want Lobster, do you have to BTC, or is that a regualr option?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: LH-SEN SQ-PPS
What are the main entree choices on-board? If you want Lobster, do you have to BTC, or is that a regualr option?

Lobster Thermidor only via BTC menu, available on SQ website
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...entSite=global
Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Well, people seemed to recommend this, so I booked the cook today (for Monday) and ordered the lobster.

Thanks for the tips...will advise post flight.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I flew SQ F JFK-FRA (& on to SIN) just last week. My BTC Lobster didn't make it on board-- I took the ginger beef. BIG MISTAKE! The other options were not much better, and fairly similar to what you'd get on any airline in F. If you want to see some pics of the cabin and meals check out the Community Forum and the SIN DO topic. I took pictures of the Virgin Clubhouse, the interior of the F cabin and all my meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.